1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

North Korea readies missile, makes new threat.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maximus, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Maximus

Maximus BANNED Staff Member

Well, this is getting interesting to say the least. North Korea says it's launching a sattelite....US says intelligence suggests it's a test of a long range weapon....North Korea says if anyone shoots it down it's an act of war....US says if it's a weapon test we will shoot it down. It will be interesting to see who will blink first.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Damage

Damage ****face

Kim jong il has to be the most paranoid ****er known to man. This guy is something else.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lee

Lee Established Since 2005

Well, good, its not like the Obama presidency had anything else to deal with in its infancy. I thought we should have invaded N Korea instead of Iraq under Bush. They seemed like a bigger threat, and in the end they might proove to be. These are tough times for anyone to be president quite honestly, hopefully we dont have to fight another war on another front over this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Damage

Damage ****face

Fighting a war with N. Korea would be like LBJ playing one on one with my girlfriend.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lee

Lee Established Since 2005

Thats what they all said about Iraq, dont kid yourself, this war would be no fun either.

6. TAS

TAS -____-

If i die before i bang an Asian girl then i am going to have a little talk with the man upstairs........

• Like Like x 10
  7. Damage

Damage ****face

I don't recall anyone suggesting Iraq was a walk in the park. At least everyone outside of numbnuts administration. Iraq and NKorea are 2 completely different countries (in every sense of the word different). I certainly don't want to go to war with any nation, especially over Kim jong il's paranoia. He's a little guy stuck in the 1800's who has a Napoleon complex

8. Damage

Damage ****face

A little overrated if you ask me, but they certainly put out. To quote a movie, "they love the d**k". LOVE IT!"

9. AanandM7

AanandM7 Missing the 2003 Draft

If you go to war with North Korea, you may also be signing up for a war against China; this war would be pretty significant.

10. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan Duh

That's really the biggest thing.

Unless China says **** North Korea and leaves them out there to die.

The only reason North Korea acts like the Big Dick in the Far East is because they have the real Big Dick of the Far East on their side in China. If China doesn't back them then Korea is going to be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

11. Maximus

Except your girlfriend would have an ice pick, a vile of acid, and some throwing stars. She'd also be wearing full battle armor and possess a will to play until she wins or is dead. She wouldn't beat Lebron or kill him, but she could inflict some serious longterm damage and it would be a long fight.
    Oh yeah, both lebron and your girlfriend would have nuclear weapons at their disposal if it got really personal.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Damage

Damage ****face

Haha that made me laugh pretty hard.

But their nuclear weapons won't even come close to hitting us. Also, I know a girl who is a clandestine agent. I spoke with her the first time Kim decided to flex his muscle. She basically said NKorea is a joke. She hinted that they China really has no allegiance to NKorea and wouldn't be in their best interest to side with them. Russia on the other hand...

13. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan Duh

Russia is a bigger joke than Korea.

If Russia tries to defend Korea, they might as well give up. They cannot even destroy their own military, how can they expect to defeat another, competent army.

14. AanandM7

I think your friend is either not who she says she is, or should be fired from whomever she works for. Don't those people have to keep secrets?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Damage

Damage ****face

It wasn't classified information. Just basically said they don't pose a real threat.

I was talking about Russia and China joining, not Russia siding with NKorea, something they would never do.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  16. AanandM7

Amherst, I agree about the military confusion in Russia. My concern with Russia is their control over the electricity grid throughout that side of the world. Their domination of the system is pretty intimidating and I wouldn't be surprised if they controlled most of Europe's energy by the next 15 years. Would they shut off energy supplies to our allies?

Of course, they too have the great equalizer, nuclear weapons. Russia's combination of energy monopolies and nuclear weapons creates a very devastating foe.

17. MalTalm

MalTalm Formerly known as Talm

People seem to forget that S. Korea is also controlled under the US flag, and N Korea certainly has the ability to strike there or even Japan with a nuculear warhead.

However, Kim Jong Il just loves to do these kinds of things, but I do find it interesting that globally all of our "adversaries" have stepped up and threatened our Obama regime. I have a feeling that he's perceived as "soft" internationally, and I hope he's smart enough to put those doubts aside quickly.

America isn't likely to be destroyed in a couple of days via nuclear warheads, but with our economy hurting and our national spending at an all-time high, we could very feasibly be bankrupted very quickly. Remember, that's how Reagan won the cold war with Russia. We just drove their economy into the ground. Don't get so complacent as to think there aren't other countries in the world who'd be happy to do the same to us.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Damage

Damage ****face

Excellent post. Which is why the thought of Russia and China conjoining forces scares the hell out of me. And it's not out of the question it could happen. If China asked for us to pay them back, we'd literally be bankrupt.

19. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan Duh

?

That seems even more unlikely. I am pretty sure that Russia and China hate each other to the bitter end.

Now, I'm not saying that it cannot happen, but unless China and Russia have really changed their relations since the 80's, it's unlikely.

While all very good and very valid points, I don't think there is any Russian who could coordinate it well enough to repel any meaningful forces. The only thing the Russians ever did well in a Military sense was waiting for Russian winters and WWII.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maximus

Make no mistake....Kim is insane. If something were to escalate and we started handing him his ass, I could see him doing the murder suicide thing. Basically say - "If I'm going down I'm taking all of Japan and South Korea with me". So, I'm not concerned about the nukes hitting us. My concern is them using them on our our carrier groups or South Korea and Japan. He's crazy enough to do it and it is no doubt in his playbook.