• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Official metal thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

blommen

Pissing Excellence
Reaction score
I really don't know if this is going to be a succes or not but fuck it, let's see just how many metal fans we have roaming around in RCF.

Discuss and share metal in this bitchin' thread and wether it be new or old!

I've been digging Soen's new record a LOT lately

also, check that magnificent fucking cover. that's a fly-ass Rhino eating small humans with chopsticks. that is gold.

An honest question: Differentiate between Hard Rock, Metal & Heavy Metal.

At the Gates latest is blowing my brain at the moment. What a comeback.

I normally can't stand melodic death metal and especially the swedish kind but fuck me if that record isn't a brilliant piece of music. October has been stacked with releases all over.

An honest question: Differentiate between Hard Rock, Metal & Heavy Metal.

I would categorize hard rock as AC/DC and Led Zeppelin and anything in between

Heavy Metal is a subgenre of metal, though to be fair, the genre itself is a bit harder to pinpoint. Heavy metal started as a monicer for bands like Black Sabbath who played very heavy music with darker themes and a darkers sound than the regular hard rock acts that were present in the 70's.

This is a monster subject though, and you could easily write an entire book on the subject, in fact a lot of people have, but if you'd like a pretty comprehensive breakdown of the subject without having to invest too much time on it, i can strongly recommend the documentary "Metal: A Headbangers Journey" by Sam Dunn which looks at the metal culture as a whole and discusses a lot of these points. while i don't fully agree with his definition of genres it's brilliant documentary and definitely worth checking out.

I normally can't stand melodic death metal and especially the swedish kind but fuck me if that record isn't a brilliant piece of music. October has been stacked with releases all over.
Check out Revocation.

My new favorite band.

REVOCATION - "Dismantle The Dictator" (Official M…: http://youtu.be/mmg3jr7Bhfo

Kick ass live.

Check out Revocation.

My new favorite band.

REVOCATION - "Dismantle The Dictator" (Official M…: http://youtu.be/mmg3jr7Bhfo

Kick ass live.

I really enjoyed their latest release and they actually played in Denmark not too long ago, but i sadly missed them. it's a shame 'cause you can almost tell by the way they sound on their records that they are a killer live band. best recent metal show I've been to would have to be The Ocean. absolutely sensational musicians every single one of them and the frontman Loic would have to be one of the 3 best I've ever seen live. grabbed every single member of the audience by the balls and didn't let go for 55 minutes, stagedives galore, soaring vocals and knee-trembling screams. talked to him before the show and he's a really nice guy as well- hell, all metal musicians I've talked to i probably the most delightful people I've met :chuckle:

I really enjoyed their latest release and they actually played in Denmark not too long ago, but i sadly missed them. it's a shame 'cause you can almost tell by the way they sound on their records that they are a killer live band. best recent metal show I've been to would have to be The Ocean. absolutely sensational musicians every single one of them and the frontman Loic would have to be one of the 3 best I've ever seen live. grabbed every single member of the audience by the balls and didn't let go for 55 minutes, stagedives galore, soaring vocals and knee-trembling screams. talked to him before the show and he's a really nice guy as well- hell, all metal musicians I've talked to i probably the most delightful people I've met :chuckle:
Yes new album rocks.

Just saw them live in Cleveland about a month ago.

They opened for Crowbar ..

Needless to say I was bored with Crowbar.

There is so much boring hardcore/metal around right now and has been for so long now it seems... It's weird that there still seems to be a market for bland, formulaic cookie-cutter metalcore with absolutely no variety. in the meantime you have grind and sludge bands taking elements of hardcore and actually doing something worthwhile with it and getting absolutely zero recognition in the mainstream metal community. it's a shame, really.

There is so much boring hardcore/metal around right now and has been for so long now it seems... It's weird that there still seems to be a market for bland, formulaic cookie-cutter metalcore with absolutely no variety. in the meantime you have grind and sludge bands taking elements of hardcore and actually doing something worthwhile with it and getting absolutely zero recognition in the mainstream metal community. it's a shame, really.
Yeah I agree.

I'm a traditionalist.

But don't mind when a band blends styles to make it their own.

I think that's why I like Revocation so much.

They meld traditional thrash and pantera groove with Death metal , 80s metal , jazz and classical.

Always keep it fresh.

Some bands seem to just scream or play at Mach 1 speed to say they are heavy.

So, apparently Anaal Nathrakh decided to say fuck it, and release the album of the year:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."