1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Ohio State game thread

Discussion in 'OSU Football' started by RealKingofCleve, Aug 28, 2012.

1. RealKingofCleve

RealKingofCleve Banned

So the Ohio State Universiy is playing Miami (OH) this saturday at noon. Anyone else pumped for the season to start?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chardon

Chardon Hall of Farmer

We win 48-21. I think the defense has some holes.

3. Pyro

Pyro Banned

What channel will this be on?

4. Nicky

Nicky The Moon & the Sky

Very excited to see the start of Urban Meyer's dominating coaching. *fingers crossed*

5. cavsfan1985

cavsfan1985 ^ kind of a big deal!

Bigten Network.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cavsfan1985

I think it will be a slow first half, 17 - 7, then we blow it open in the second half.

7. ticon12389

ticon12389 Situational Stopper

Very excited for the season, and while the bowl ban sucks, it hasn't affected my interest nearly as much as I thought it would.

OSU wins 45-10 Saturday

8. A Squared

A Squared Don't just stare at it..

Where?

• Like Like x 1
  9. AZ_

AZ_ Hall-of-Famer

Young LBs is really my only concern defensively.

But that front four is going to be so good I'm not sure it will matter.

To think, they're only losing six starters (Fragel, Stoneburner, Simon, Goebel, Sabino, Howard) and one co-starter (J. Hall) next year....

Good lord. That team could be 2002/2006 special

10. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

For that reason...no. Sucks we don't have any good non-conference opponents this year.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  11. A Squared

A Squared Don't just stare at it..

I wouldn't be too worried about our linebackers. I thought Grant and Shazier played very well in the limited time that we got to see them play last season.

12. cavsfan1985

I agree, I think the Def. is a top 10 in CF. One of the best lines in the county, with one of the best secondaries, and to think we are starting 2 true sophomores at LB. Next year’s Def. will be sick. I think we will be like USC next year, preseason number #1, a top 5 if not best def. in the country with hopefully a Heisman QB in Miller, and a top 10 offense. Thinking back to 02, 06, we had great def., and average offenses. With Urban, same great def., and an offense that could put up 40+ a game. If anything the high powered offense keeps are def. outside of a top 10 def. ranking, as most teams will have to throw to keep up.

13. MGMT

MGMT Preview Team

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck wit
    Call me a fucking 10 year old waiting for christmas. The hell with holiday season give me ohio state football. Our defensive line depth is awesome. Not only are our starters well above average but we will be able to keep them fresh deep into the game. We can bring in rush ends for obvious passing downs such as Noah Spence and Steve Miller. We have run stuffers in Joel Hale and Chris Carter to rotate in against run heavy teams such as Wiscy and MSU. Ton of versatility up front, it's not just the starters, it's the ability to come out with a wide array of looks to counter different offensive approaches. We can dance to any tune, IMO.

I think Ryan Shazier is in for All B1G honors, IMO. Not worried about him. I think he comes after Denard hard this year. Bradley Roby, Travis Howard and Doran Grant as your top 3 corners? Forget about it. Prepare for an aggressive, ferocious defense that's out for blood - none of this bend-don't-break bullshit. I think we see an increase in sacks this year due to more aggressive play calling, and in turn, more interceptions.

Oh my god. John Simon and Big Hank. Fucking come at us bro. AND a healthy CJ Barnett and an improved Christian Bryant.

What the hell is there not to like on defense. Gotta go to the bathroom to finish myself off. bbl.

EDIT: Gentlemen, here's the depth chart for the 2012 opener http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/osu/graphics/pdf/m-footbl/2012-two-deep.pdf

• Like Like x 1
  14. AZ_

AZ_ Hall-of-Famer

Grant saw almost literally no time at LB last season, I'm worried far less about Shazier though. He's battling injury though, which is the biggest thing in that case.

15. B Mac

B Mac Tonight's the night.

Who else is pumped for the "Quick Cals?"

Look it up fools.

16. "Boobie" Gibson

"Boobie" Gibson In the Rotation

Looks like one of the worst ideas ever.

17. Chris

Chris Welcome to the Future

Yeah, it hasn't affected my interest at all, to be honest. If anything I'm almost glad, there shouldn't be a ton of pressure and we can just work out the kinks in the new system and get everybody on the same page.

Part of the reason I'm not too upset is also because I know with Urban at the helm it's literally a dream come true for me, and I know we're in for some fantastic years ahead. I'm willing to wait.

18. glockcoma

glockcoma In the Rotation

I'm not too concerned with our LB's. Sabino is a fifth year senior and will provide leadership for the younger guys. Shazier has supposedly put on 15 lbs and hasn't lost any quickness. I think Shazier will be a beast.

19. AZ_

AZ_ Hall-of-Famer

Not sure if serious....

20. elcheato

elcheato NBA Starter

Ohio State has a solid starting LB core, but the back ups are pretty much all freshman. Can't afford an injury to Sabino, Grant or Shazier.