• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OKC Fired Scott Brooks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Brooks just got fired...

Kinda shocking. It isn't the coach's fault KD was hurt, but they've had their struggles even when he was healthy.

Last edited:
Two years too late, imo.

I felt the same about us and Mike Brown back in the day. He should have been fired after the Orlando series when he was badly exposed as a coach who had no idea how to make adjustments.

Panic mode.

Kevin Durant gone.

Two years too late, imo.

I felt the same about us and Mike Brown back in the day. He should have been fired after the Orlando series when he was badly exposed as a coach who had no idea how to make adjustments.
yes, it was a long time coming. i'm actually a little surprised though - between durant and westbrook they almost missed an entire seasons' worth of games yet their playoff chances still came down to the last game of the season. while playing in the much tougher conference, too.

they wouldn't fire him when the team underperformed while healthy, but now they fire him when they basically overperform while unhealthy?

Panic mode.

Kevin Durant gone.
yea there's really no reason to read into this....well, at all, re: durant leaving.

yes, it was a long time coming. i'm actually a little surprised though - between durant and westbrook they almost missed an entire seasons' worth of games yet their playoff chances still came down to the last game of the season. while playing in the much tougher conference, too.

they wouldn't fire him when the team underperformed while healthy, but now they fire him when they basically overperform while unhealthy?

yea there's really no reason to read into this....well, at all, re: durant leaving.

Presti sees the writing on the wall. He has one year to convince Durant to re-sign with OKC, and he's obviously not confident that Brooks is the coach to captain the ship.

This really affects Westbrook more than anyone. Russell and Scott Brooks were supposedly very tight.

Presti sees the writing on the wall. He has one year to convince Durant to re-sign with OKC, and he's obviously not confident that Brooks is the coach to captain the ship.

I honestly think Durant and Westbrook are good as gone.

That franchise made too many mistakes to recover from.

Trading James Harden could be considered among the worst decisions in NBA history.

2 years too late.

Durant and Westbrook are outta there barring some unforeseen Championship next season.

Dion Waiters: Coach Killer.

Dang near caught Blatt up in his mess too. Shipped him out just in time. :chuckle:

Trading James Harden could be considered among the worst decisions in NBA history.

Even if Harden was on the team that team was going to struggle to win anything. Waaay too many cooks in the kitchen as far as high usage guys that need the ball in their hands and are only marginal defenders.

I would take both Westbrook and Durant over Harden, and at some point it has to be about filling in proper roll players around them.

That OKC team doesn't need another big scoring threat. It needs toughness and defense. Harden skillset is largely redundant to what they already have.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."