• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Our pitching staff and K's

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Wizard of Moz

Punishing This Air
Reaction score
So this year the Indians have a sizable lead for the most pitching strikeouts in the MLB over the Dodgers.

There have only been two instances of three pitchers on the same staff having 200 strikeouts in a season. The twins in '67 and the Astros in '69. Teammates with 200 K's has happened 49+ times (the blog I found with these stats is a few years old) and twice by the Indians with the last time being in 1968. There have never been four teammates with 200 K's in a season

Barring injury Kluber is a lock for 200 with 141 before the all star break

Salazar at 108 and Carrasco at 110 are on pace for 200, but it may be close and I could see one of them getting 185-199

Bauer is the long shot. With only 93 he needs to put up a better second half to get there, but it's definitely possible if he catches fire

Something to look forward to. And the best part is these guys are locked up for years to make runs at strikeout history

I figured at least @Pyro would find this interesting :p

The Cavs might have a big three but the Indians are about to have a big five if they keep this up.

Now if only they could hit when runners were in scoring position we would be playing over .500 ball. Sad that we don't give our staff any support...

Hope like hell Carrasco's stay on the DL is the minimum time.

Kluber 213 (on pace for 276)
Carrasco 173 (currently on pace for 224)
Salazar 162 (on pace for 210)
Bauer 145 (on pace for 188)

With 37 games left everyone has about 7 more starts left (Cookie having ~5 because of the injury). This is an estimate that can only be under because it isn't accounting for the extra two games/skips in the rotation due to off days. But using this estimate,

Carrasco needs 5.4 strikeouts per game if he has 5 more starts/ 6.75 per game if he has 4.
Salazar needs 5.43 per game
Bauer needs 7.86 per game :-(

3 joins a select few, and four makes history. We need the K meter now more than ever

Last edited:
bauer with a gem last night, and got 7 Ks. Not sure if it counted as an expected start or not.

Cookie hit 200 yesterday becoming the second Indians pitcher this year with 200 K's after Bauer

Kluber is currently at 190 and Clevinger is currently at 182. As far as I know this would be the first time in MLB history a staff had 4 guys all K 200+ people. Both Kluber and Clev should get 4 more starts making this a layup for Kluber (needs 2.5 K's per start) and very manageable for Clev (needs 4.5 K's per start)

Now if only they could hit when runners were in scoring position we would be playing over .500 ball. Sad that we don't give our staff any support...

sure we're over .500 this year, but how we're can capitalize more with runners on base during the playoffs

Cookie hit 200 yesterday becoming the second Indians pitcher this year with 200 K's after Bauer

Kluber is currently at 190 and Clevinger is currently at 182. As far as I know this would be the first time in MLB history a staff had 4 guys all K 200+ people. Both Kluber and Clev should get 4 more starts making this a layup for Kluber (needs 2.5 K's per start) and very manageable for Clev (needs 4.5 K's per start)

I was reading the other day that the AL CY Young award should be a team award this year for the Tribe’s starters. They have 4 of the top 15 pitchers in the AL...

Yeah, I did some digging and I couldn't find another time where a squad had four guys all strikeout 200+. It's unheard of.

Yeah, I did some digging and I couldn't find another time where a squad had four guys all strikeout 200+. It's unheard of.
The way strike outs are adding up, this may become a routine thing. LOL! With that said, it really shows the production our starters give as far as innings go and how infrequently (compared to others) we actually use our BP. Maybe Tito is too damn scared to. Don’t blame him either.

If Bauer is healthy, Clevinger better get the start if there's a Game 4 in the ALDS. They better not force two of their starters to have to pitch on three days rest if it's a five game series.

If Bauer is healthy, Clevinger better get the start if there's a Game 4 in the ALDS. They better not force two of their starters to have to pitch on three days rest if it's a five game series.
But isn’t Clevinger our “secret weapon” out of the bullpen? Still irks me.

The way strike outs are adding up, this may become a routine thing. LOL! With that said, it really shows the production our starters give as far as innings go and how infrequently (compared to others) we actually use our BP. Maybe Tito is too damn scared to. Don’t blame him either.

We are 30th in bullpen innings, but that's mostly just because our starters are awesome, and not so much because they're being over-extended to compensate for the bullpen.

The Astros are 29th, and their pen is awesome, but like us, they have great starting pitching.

With 11 Ks yesterday, Kluber is now the third Indian to have 200 Ks in 2018, sitting at 205

Clevinger is at 196 and should be getting 2 more starts

What a rotation we have

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."