• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Over-analyzing?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew

Master Debater
Reaction score
I am posting this here because while its Cavs related, it's something about me.

I had Directv for a few years and had NBA LP, I just switched to Uverse and got NBA LP. A few things I noticed, aside from Uverse not activating the package in time making me miss the first day of the preseason.

I know preseason games are aired on the package. I saw some random Blazers preseason game on there like a week ago. And yet, here the Rockets/Magic play and its on LP BB but not on my tv. Nba.com says to contact Uverse, uverse is holding on that preseason is blacked out even after I told them it isn't and I saw a game on the package w uverse a week before.

I don't care about either team, I am just worried when it comes to the Cavs. The game with the Grizzlies tomorrow is on the guide and set to record but I also noticed in the upcoming days that if nba.com says it airs on both home/away feeds with LP, uverse will only have one feed of it. Maybe I am over analyzing because those are days away and sometimes the tv guides don't update that quickly.

Basically, it just seems odd to me that Uverse wouldn't air a game THAT IS ON LP TV/BB and everything right now and for the 1 or 2 preseason games airing on 2 different feeds, they only have 1 listed.

I hope this is all about nothing and I can move on. I hope the Cavs game tapes tomorrow as I am at work and I hope when the season starts both home/away feeds will be there. I hope this game tonight (Rockets) is just some weird exception.

You're bitching about missing preseason games.

Who. Fucking. Cares.

My first answer is NBA League Pass doesn't include preseason games, so I googled it. Apparently they added that this year. Show the Uverse people these pages at NBA.com

http://leaguepasssupport.nba.com/li...mes-with-NBA-LEAGUE-PASS-in-the-United-States

http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/

An alternative solution is to stream it on one of the many devices that support league pass broadband on your TV. Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Xbox One, Sony Blu Ray, Samsung Smart TV

Uverse won't go to any other website but their's. They are horribly trained, they just keep repeating the same thing over and over from their page about the package. It might be the first year NBA LP advertised preseason but I have seen select preseason on there for the past few seasons.

I work into the preseason game tonight, I have no streaming capabilities. The first channel with the package on the tv says the Cavs game is going to air, it's set to record. We shall see later tonight.

Here's what you say after they tell you that they can't help you:

Andrew: Thank you for your help [employee name here], I understand what you are saying and you can't help me. Would you have a supervisor that would be able to help me out?

[employee]: My supervisor is going to tell you exactly what I just told you sir.

Andrew: I understand that, but just so I feel more comfortable with this service, I would at least like to take a chance working with a manager. This is not a slight/dig/jab at you [employee name here], I understand you've done all you can to help me and I appreciate your efforts.

[employee]: Please hold sir, I'll try to get a manager on the line.

Here's what you say after they tell you that they can't help you:

Andrew: Thank you for your help [employee name here], I understand what you are saying and you can't help me. Would you have a supervisor that would be able to help me out?

[employee]: My supervisor is going to tell you exactly what I just told you sir.

Andrew: I understand that, but just so I feel more comfortable with this service, I would at least like to take a chance working with a manager. This is not a slight/dig/jab at you [employee name here], I understand you've done all you can to help me and I appreciate your efforts.

[employee]: Please hold sir, I'll try to get a manager on the line.
Did that, got no where. The manager was adament I, along with nba.com was wrong, and he was right. Got no where. These are the people that didn't add the package correctly and when I called in they added it ALONG with an unrelated package and then removed LP when I called in to remove the unrelated package.

Just switch back to Directv and you won't have this problem.

I think its just inept employees. I switched because I hated losing signal during a game in inclement weather. I bet if I ever did call Directv about the preseason, I would get the same results from them. Time will tell, I will be home from work in over an hour so I will see if the game records.

Even if I ever just get the home feeds for games w Uverse, rather have that than losing signal in the lightest rain.

I guess I wasn't over-analyzing. There is no game recorded. There are live games on right now and I can see it but the Cavs game did not record. Weird thing is its still set to record today at 6pm but again nothing there. I am dumbfounded, I really don't know who with Uverse to talk to. This isn't the first year they have had LP.

I am downloading the game now on the computer but I paid for this shit and this is weak. Plus it looks as if they don't air local commercials. Directv w LP just aired the entire telecast, with the live games now, when it goes to commercial it's like its broadband with stats, etc.

reborn4HD has a 540p file, I can only watch on my pc if 30 fps, 60 or higher flickers. I tried all these premium link generators as he uploads to inclouddrive.com and you need a premium account to download anything of decent file size. None works, so I may shell out $12 for a premium account if 2 more generators don't work after I get off from my job. Always safe to have a backup plan if LP acts up again and if it, its only another $12.

Found the happy medium i was searching for. With Ben doing his upload thing of the games and the fact I have LP BB (albeit choppy bc of poor internet), if I watch a game on the tv that warrants a rewatch in FSO's feed (like a big comeback or maybe tonight's home opener since on ESPN), I will try and watch again just to hear Fred and AC's commentary. Obviously can't do that with all games but I think I got this down pact.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."