1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Peyton Hillis is Jason Bourne

Discussion in 'Browns Talk' started by jonmchugh, Oct 3, 2011.

1. jonmchugh

jonmchugh In the Rotation

There was a report on ESPN yesterday that some Browns players questioned Hillis about him not playing last week. Wonder if he didn't play because of the lock out. If he is causing trouble in the locker room would you trade him right now? Were you not surprised when he didn't play last week even though he was at all of the meetings on the day before last weeks game? If that espn report is accurate and his teammates are doubting his will to play that is not good for the locker room.

So would you trade him right now? I definately don't want to trade him. I wonder what the value of Hillis would be. Would you trade him for a decent receiver or even a 2nd round pick?

2. Chris

Chris Welcome to the Future

Re: Peyton Hillis

I can tell you're listening to the Really Big Show right now. :chuckles:

• Like Like x 16
  3. The Oi

The Oi Or Also Schtick

jon...

Please with this already.

4. bubba52782

bubba52782 Situational Stopper

At least the thread didn't start with...I was listening to the Really Big Show, like it usually does

• Like Like x 2
  5. AZ_

AZ_ Hall-of-Famer

Listening to AM radio will make you say stupid things before too long, it's science.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Marcus

Marcus Let's go Cabs!

C'mon, jon...

Hillis has proven to be the type of blue collar, hardworking player that Browns fans can get behind and root for. I don't question his ability to play last Sunday one bit. Strep throat is a nasty thing to have; I was so violently ill with it when I was younger I had to go to the emergency room because I couldn't stop throwing up and I had a high fever. If he says he was too sick to play then I agree with him completely. Besides, why would he willingly sit out a game after his team was riding high after a win the week before?

And trading him? Seriously? The ONLY transaction they should be making with this guy is giving him a new contract.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Pavlovic3Ball

Pavlovic3Ball BARNES BRIGADE

I think the contract issue has more to do with missing the Dolphins game than people want to believe. That or the Browns are looking for a way to paint Hillis as the bad guy in order to lower his value. the Yankees tried doing the same to Jeter. Makes you curious what kind of money Hillis and his agent are looking for.

8. Lord Mar

Lord Mar Master

Agree completey. Obviously, something is/was up. I'm betting he'll be in there for the bulk of the carries after the bye week.....should be fully healthy by then.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marcus

Marcus Let's go Cabs!

Well, looking at the massive contracts Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson have both garnered this year, he's probably looking for a decent chunk of change as well. Probably not as much as what they're making, obviously, but a good amount of money.

10. Marcus

Marcus Let's go Cabs!

I really hope so. Absolutely no reason he should have been as non-existent as he was yesterday in the offensive gameplan.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lord Mar

Lord Mar Master

I was focusing on Hillis as they panned to him on the sideline. He just looks run-down I think.

We shall see soon enough.

12. Marcus

Marcus Let's go Cabs!

It just seemed so out of place that they go from relying heavily on a guy who has largely proven to be very dependable, and then he misses one game with illness and is punished for doing so. I hope Shurmur enjoyed making his point, because if they had been able to establish the run early on to open up the passing game it might have been a closer game. Instead, Hillis, Hardesty, McCoy, and Smith combined for 22 carries for 84 yards and a 3.8 YPC average, with the smash mouth star running back carrying 10 times for 46 of those yards. What an absolute debacle this whole game was.

• Like Like x 1
  13. selby56

selby56 Cavs fan from S. Carolina

I don't think Shurmur was trying to make a point, I think Hillis still might not have been 100% ready to carry the load by himself like he usually does. He will get his 25+ carries after the bye week.

14. Chris

Giving money to Evan Moore and Chris Gocong instead of Hillis was just... wow ....

Really the first thing this FO has done that I have really, really disliked.

15. selby56

I agree with questioning Gocong's extension. He is making a very good amount of money now and really hasn't shown THAT much to have earned it. But I don't understand how giving Moore a new contract is so "wow." It isn't like they signed him to an outrageous deal, he was signed to a fair deal, and I don't think his $1 million dollar a year contract has any effect in Hillis getting a new deal.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SauDogg

SauDogg Sixth Man

I remember seeing tweets on game day (or the day before, I can't remember) that Hillis looked terrible. I really don't have any doubt that he wasn't healthy enough to play.

17. Chris

He was signed and hasn't been used at all this season. How does it make sense to sign him.

18. selby56

When you say "hasn't been used at all this season" what you really mean is "he hasn't been on the field much, but when he does get on the field he makes plays and is currently leading the team in touchdown receptions" right?

19. MJA1080

MJA1080 In the Rotation

Didn't they say Hillis lost 10-12 pounds? I mean, that could be a lasting effect. Why risk getting him hurt because he's not 100%, when you have a bye week next week?

20. caf

caf Banņed

An ESPN report being accurate?
    [​IMG]