• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Playoff Officiating

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What best describes your attitude towards officiating so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Otsego Mar

Master
Reaction score
We're only 4 games into the opening rounds and I have been very displeased with how officials have been calling games.

It seems many blatent calls are being missed and even more are being called that aren't fouls.

I was thinking that maybe another official having his/her eyes on the game could be useful. However, it doesn't much matter when you're standing right in front of a play - for example when Isaiah Thomas reaches from behind LeBron while he is inbounding the ball and fouls him, but no call is made.

Is there anyone that really thinks officiating has been acceptable? Has there been a series that has been better than the rest?

My complaint is across all series so far.

Last edited:
We're only 4 games into the opening rounds and I have been very displeased with how officials have been calling games.

It seems many blatent calls are being missed and even more are being called that aren't fouls.

I was thinking that maybe another official having his/her eyes on the game could be useful. However, it doesn't much matter when you're standing right in front of a play - for example when Isiah Thomas reaches from behind LeBron while he is inbounding the ball and fouls him, but no call is made.

Is there anyone that really thinks officiating has been acceptable? Has there been a series that has been better than the rest?

My complaint is across all series so far.

10 years of Cavs basketball and I can honestly say that is the most ridiculous missed call I've ever seen

cavaliers-celtics-bas-kada.jpg

I didn't think they called this a foul, but apparently they did.

Last edited:
Doesn't shock me anymore

LBJ gets no love from refs

Laughable they let Thomas get away with that

Things will get worse next series and every other series

Lebron is not loved by refs, they did the same when he played elsewhere

The Isaiah on LeBron non-call was absolutely unreal. I was laughing my ass off and not only because my wife's demented grandfather was talking to his reflection in the mirror thinking it was his brother Peter.

On some level the job of the refs is to keep players safe. They keep players safe by punishing those who commit unsafe acts.

Failures to keep players safe:

Kevin Love sustained an intentional cheap shot. No big punishment for Olynyk.

Perkins blasted Crowder. Even if we liked it, Perkins should have been ejected.

Letting Crowder get away with shit put our players in danger. And an inability to call the 3 fouls he committed on Smith led to Crowder actually getting hurt.

The Isaiah on LeBron non-call was absolutely unreal. I was laughing my ass off and not only because my wife's demented grandfather was talking to his reflection in the mirror thinking it was his brother Peter.

You still think the officiating has been ok this series?

You still think the officiating has been ok this series?

I expect physicality in the playoffs and I also expect the refs to let it go. Not because they SHOULD ref differently in the playoffs, but because they always have.

So I judge them by that standard. And I thought through the first three games, when they were missing calls they were missing them both ways.

Today...today was unbelievably bad.

One would think instant replay would allow the refs to make better calls.

Noooope. They actually got worse.

I expect physicality in the playoffs and I also expect the refs to let it go. Not because they SHOULD ref differently in the playoffs, but because they always have.

So I judge them by that standard. And I thought through the first three games, when they were missing calls they were missing them both ways.

Today...today was unbelievably bad.

I forget the thread and don't really care, but I remember telling you Crowder was getting away with shenanigans and it wasn't good. Today he gets pummeled by Perkins and bitch slapped by JR.

Moral of the story, apparently I can tell the future...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."