1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Police Cam of Delonte West Getting Pulled Over

Discussion in 'Cavs Talk' started by Redz West is Best, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Redz West is Best

Redz West is Best Redz West iz Best

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Raw_Video__Dash_Cam_of_Delonte_West_Arrest_Washington_DC.html

<object id="9915" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" height="394" width="448"><param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.nbcwashington.com/syndication?id=98527854&path=%2Fnews%2Flocal-beat"/><embed src="http://www.nbcwashington.com/syndication?id=98527854&path=%2Fnews%2Flocal-beat" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" height="394" width="448"></embed><p style="font-size:small">View more news videos at: <a href="http://www.nbcwashington.com/video">http://www.nbcwashington.com/video</a>.</p></object>

• Like Like x 17
  2. midgetstilts

midgetstilts Warrick Ninja

Delonte obviously has tremendous core strength to be able to maintain his balance while his arms were outstreched with the weight of the shotgun on his back messing with his center of gravity.... all this while having to swing that left leg over the seat. Bravo for not faceplanting Redz.

• Like Like x 2
  3. cinnister

cinnister Towel Waver

HOT SAUCE IN MY BAG? HOT SAUCE IN MAH BAAAAAG. (im gonna go watch that vid now....good times.)

4. LeLarry32

LeLarry32 Situational Stopper

Delonte could not stay in a damn lane...must have been high or drunk. And was it just me or did he ride a long ass time with the cops lights going?

• Like Like x 3
  5. IWantAKouki

IWantAKouki Kouki, Not Cookie.

http://www.grafxhq.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/delontewest.jpg

6. SanduskyCav

SanduskyCav NBA Starter

I for one will be happy to see Delonte West off of this team next season.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bob_The_Cat

Bob_The_Cat Sixth Man

While it's a possibility, it's probably more likely he was having a manic episode. Obviously his battles with bi-polar disorder are well documented. The thing with bi-polar disorder is that while experiencing a manic episode, a person tends to have delusions of grandeur and poor decision making. Decisions that people make during a manic episode tend to be much more impulsive. Normally when a person has an idea to do something, they think about it for a second or two. During a manic episode, a person tends to act on thoughts and ideas almost immediately, which can lead them into trouble a lot of times. It can especially be dangerous if the person hasn't had a manic episode before and is unsure of what's going on.

That's the scary thing about watching this video and this whole situation. While Delonte may have had no ill intentions, who knows what could have happened. It's a good thing for everyone involved he was stopped when he was.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Redz West is Best

I think he was having trouble controlling the vehicle because that is how the vehicle rides at those speeds. Not much wiggle room between narrow lanes on 495/beltway in maryland. If you have driven one of those things at the angle you are on the bike, it can be tough with the nature of the roads on the beltway.

He was not drunk or else he definitely would have been charged with that as well. Or at least we would have heard about it in reports. Being high? I doubt he was or they could have telled to the extent with his eyes and/or smell.

9. Richfield Kid

Richfield Kid In the Rotation

Early on you can see him leaning way over on the right side of the spider. The first thing that came to my mind was that he was trying to lean it to turn it like a normal bike, but he was really exaggerating the lean because it has two front wheels. Does anyone know how long he had that bike? Maybe he was just testing her out? Ya know.....with a bunch of guns on him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. udilicious42584

udilicious42584 Trade Deadline Safari

It was actually saddening to watch this video.

We all know how funny and carefree Delonte can be as a person when things are going well for him. We also know how tremendous of a basketball player he can be when mentally healthy.

What he did that night was incredibly stupid, and we'll never know the reason why he did what he did, but I couldn't help feeling a little sympathetic for him as he was walking backwards and interlocking his fingers above his head. Too bad the Delonte saga turned out this way. I wish him luck wherever he goes in the future.

• Like Like x 13
  11. stycool24

stycool24 Stycool

Wow, pretty crazy, he couldn't stay in the lane.

I hope he gets well. Can he be traded, released and signed back again?

If not, good luck to him where ever he goes (Hopefully not Miami)

12. Cavatt

Cavatt NBA Starter

Yeah i thought it looked more like he didn't know what he he was doing. Who knows though.

13. bscskis

bscskis Rookie

At least if Delonte signed with Miami we'd know that the Gloria rumor's arn't true.... for this I hope he doesn't sign with them.....

14. I-77 NORTH

I-77 NORTH FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY

I would love to see Delonte stay on our team...

He deserves a chance to re-start his life..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Redz West is Best

so i assume you do not believe without a doubt that what the lawyer said about why he was transporting the guns/knife?

16. Redz West is Best

actually this is what i saying in one my earlier posts..it looks like he wasn't controlling it that well as those bikes handle differently than regular sportbikes...like it was one of his first times on the bike.

17. jnizzle

jnizzle In the Rotation

He was traveling as straight as an Adam Wainwright curveball.

The more I think about it the more I want to keep West, unless we are available to acquire a good player due to his friendly contract. I'm not talking about a fringe starter, in exchange for West I would want a legitimate young starter who could be a part of our current core (Hickson, Eyenga in my eyes).

18. Splitz

Splitz RIM PROTECTOR Staff Member

I saw Delonte's media statement after he accepted the plea since I get the local DC news. He thanked the city of Cleveland for the support.

• Like Like x 10
  19. DeeThree

DeeThree ~~19

he wasnt high thats for sure... driving high is easy

• Like Like x 4
  20. raisen

raisen Sixth Man

Delonte West reaches plea deal on gun charges; Wade defends LeBron: Cavaliers Insider

Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer

Updated: Thursday, July 15, 2010, 7:44 PM

full articlehttp://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/cleveland_cavs_guard_delonte_w.html

• Like Like x 1