• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Poll: 2014-15 MVP Race

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who should be this season's MVP?

• Stephen Curry

Votes: 40 29.2%
  • Russell Westbrook

Votes: 22 16.1%
  • James Harden

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 57 41.6%
  • Anthony Davis

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Someone else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

crabbyshark

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Super competitive race right now... Four consecutive triple doubles four days after facial surgery has my vote for Westbrook. He's been playing at a high level all year. We'll see how OKC finishes.

Last edited:
Probably should be Curry if you look at the season's accomplishments on balance, but I've been all in on Westbrook since he was a wild rookie, so I couldn't vote anywhere else now that he's a wild force of nature.

Its between Harden and Curry.

I would choose Curry.

As much as I hate to say it, it's gotta be Harden. Curry got a squad around him. Houston, last I check was fourth in the west. fourth in the west. With that team. No howard. Dude puts em on his back every ni h ht and they are winning against high competition.

Russel and Harden are stars but MVP is someone who makes players around rhem better. In that prespective it's gotta be either LBJ or Curry. I'll go with Curry, I dont like GSW but you cant ignore what the man is doing there

It's going to be Curry. But Harden is coming up from behind. His team is only 2.5 GB from the top seed. The MVP race is much crazy right now than it was for the past few years.

In the end, I'm still hoping it's going to be LeBron.

I hate the mvp award or should I say the best player on the best team award. In my mind the team's success should only make up 30% of the decision when choosing an mvp while the other 70% should be based on statistics/individual impact. I'd give the MVP award to Anthony Davis before I'd give it to Harden or Westbrook. Speaking of Westbrook I'm not overly impressed like the rest of the nation. If Lebron didn't win the MVP in 05-06 with that roster and securing the 4th seed with much better stats then this clown shouldn't even be in the discussion. If I produced a system for choosing mvps guys like Derrick Rose would never win.

LeBron, Curry, Westbrook, Harden.

In that order for me.

Instead of who I think should win the MVP I put who will win it based on what the award represents, which is Curry. Extremely hard for me to choose who actually is the most deserving at the moment, it's very close.

LeBron should absolutely win MVP. His indvidual stats are right up there and just looking at how this team completely turned around since he's came back and how bad they looked without him when he was injured should cement him as MVP.

But obviously since the decision isn't made by basketball people Curry will probably win it. Not a knock on him because he and his team have had a great year but he's being pimped out for the award. Crazy commercials like "League's most unguardable player" lol

If not LeBron the only guy I would be happy for winning would be Russ Westbrook. He's been an absolute monster.

I think this race is bullshit.

Cavaliers will finish with the second record in the Eastern Conference. We shouldn't be penalized because we're in the East. Our position will be higher than Houston's, and OKC is struggling to get into the playoffs.

Why not Harden? Because Harden relies too much on the refs to make his case for him. Simply put, analysts should be able to see that if the refs allow physicality, even just a bit, then Harden instantly becomes ineffective. Add to that Harden has improved his defense, but he's still not a good defender.

Why not Westbrook? Because he's inefficient. He's racking up tons of stats because he's playing virtually 1-5 most of the game. Yes, it's not his fault that his teammates suck, and yes what he is doing is incredible. But I'm not convinced that 4 triple doubles towards the end of the season with your team sliding between 8th and 9th seed warrants you winning MVP.

Why not Curry? Curry is the media darling and MVP-favorite this year I think. He seems to be campaigning for the award. His numbers are very impressive, and his team is performing extremely well. He's improved defensively, as a shooter, and as a facilitator. He's a great basketball player, all around, and he's become the best player at his position (hasn't he?)

So... why NOT Curry?

Because... LeBron.

Even when LeBron was in Miami (go back and check), I said giving the MVP to any other player not named LeBron was bullshit. It was Jordan fatigue. James is not only the best player at his position; he is, hands down, the absolute best player in the NBA.

IF we're looking at best player on the best team, then it's between Curry in the West and James in the East. Who is better between the two? James.

If we're looking at best player overall? James, period.

If we're looking at best player statistically? James, again.

If we're looking at player who improves his teammates? Lol... James, by far.

If we're looking at player who improves teams record? Cavs had 19 wins last season IIRC? We'll finish 2nd in the East this year? ...James...

So when we really think about circumstances in which Curry or Harden or Westbrook could be selected ahead of James, what we're really discussing is, who is the MVP other than LeBron James. We're discounting him, removing him from consideration, out of a false sense of fairness and fatigue.

A "King James Harden" is as funny as an "MVP Stephen Curry." Let's not forget MVP Derrick Rose (beating out LeBron) or 2x MVP Steve Nash.

I think the choice is clear, and again, it always has been, even when James was a Heatle - he deserved the award.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."