• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Posey, Herron, Marcus Hall suspended for Nebraska game

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus

I Agree, Go Cavs
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Three Ohio State players have been suspended for Saturday's game for accepting too much money for too little work in their summer jobs.

Last year's leading rusher, Daniel Herron, and the top returning receiver, DeVier Posey, along with offensive lineman Marcus Hall will not be permitted to play when the Buckeyes (3-2) play at No. 14 Nebraska on Saturday.

Herron and Posey had five-game suspensions -- for accepting cash and free or discounted tattoos -- extended. They were expected to be reinstated to play this week. Hall will be missing his first game.

The booster who paid the players was dissociated from the program.

Fucking seriously? This is getting ridiculous.

your avatar really describes this whole situation in a nutshell, Marcus.

your avatar really describes this whole situation in a nutshell, Marcus.

Pretty sad that it pretty accurately describes most of what we Cleveland/Ohio State fans hold dear nowadays...

But seriously, this is just getting dumb. It's painfully obvious that the NCAA is making an example out of Ohio State. I understand that they've had some rules violations, but COME ON... EVERY college program has them. Why are they not receiving the same scrutiny and punishment as Ohio State? The NCAA has become an absolute mockery of college athletics now. They're within their rights to punish players and programs, sure, but I'm not sure that "getting paid too much for too little work" really warrants an extension of an already hefty suspension.

Last edited:
Pretty sad that it pretty accurately describes most of what we Cleveland/Ohio State fans hold dear nowadays...

But seriously, this is just getting dumb. It's painfully obvious that the NCAA is making an example out of Ohio State. I understand that they've had some rules violations, but COME ON... EVERY college program has them. Why are they not receiving the same scrutiny and punishment as Ohio State? The NCAA has become an absolute mockery of college athletics now. They're within their rights to punish players and programs, sure, but I'm not sure that "getting paid too much for too little work" really warrants an extension of an already hefty suspension.

These players were already suspended, knew they would be held under a microscope and continued to act like they didn't give a shit... They broke the rules as minor as they seem... Not looking good for OSU... Have to think this will change things when the NCAA gives their final ruling...

These players were already suspended and knew they would be under a microscope and continued to act like they didn't give a shit... They broke the rules as minor as they seem... Not looking good for OSU... Have to think this will change things when the NCAA gives their final ruling...

How is getting paid to do a job a violation? Forgive me for sounding ignorant, but I'm not sure how being compensated for work, even if it was over-compensation, is a violation of the rules. The NCAA didn't seem overly concerned with the suspensions when they allowed the already suspended players to play in the Sugar Bowl last year... sounds to me like a double standard. Oh, and anybody heard the latest on the investigation into Miami? Me either.

Gene Smith needs to go ASAP.

Gene Smith needs to go ASAP.

Gene Smith and Gordon Gee, as well as the remaining coaching staff at Ohio State, ALL had their hands dirty in this one, I'm sure of it. There's no WAY that there could have been that much going on, right under their noses, without their knowledge. I personally think they decided to turn a blind eye and let it continue until the NCAA finally started breathing down their necks about it. It's a shame that Tress had to be the bigger man and fall on the sword for all of them. Gene Smith needs to be fired; the fact that he still has a job there is an absolute sham and an embarrassment at this point.

When do Urban Meyer and his hot daughters land in Columbus?

When do Urban Meyer and his hot daughters land in Columbus?

As soon as everything blows over. No way Fickell keeps that job for longer than this year, maybe next if the NCAA is still being a bunch of douchebags.

I don't get it. Is OSU tanking for Andrew Luck?

Ohio State won on Saturdays and the Browns lost on Sundays. They would balance each other out. Now i have NOTHING.

Gene Smith and Gordon Gee, as well as the remaining coaching staff at Ohio State, ALL had their hands dirty in this one, I'm sure of it. There's no WAY that there could have been that much going on, right under their noses, without their knowledge. I personally think they decided to turn a blind eye and let it continue until the NCAA finally started breathing down their necks about it. It's a shame that Tress had to be the bigger man and fall on the sword for all of them. Gene Smith needs to be fired; the fact that he still has a job there is an absolute sham and an embarrassment at this point.

I am not sure, the OSU alumni are about as obnoxious and out of control as you get, but that doesnt mean its the fault of the administration. I think the culture among the boosters needs to change, they dont get how much they are going to end up hurting the program. Arrogance thy name is OSU booster.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."