• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Predictions One week Out for 12, 19 and 43

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ajz20

Draft Guru
Reaction score
Dont post what you want to happen, but what you honestly guess the outcome will be.We have done this for the Cavs in the past. Pretty interesting to see if any one gets all 3 players right.
to start
Browns will try to move up for MM, but fall short

12. Danny Shelton We just miss out on Parker, but Ray goes with option B

19. Browns will trade down into the 20's to nab an extra third rounder
with their second pick in the 20's we get Jalen Strong

43- Ray Trades up with one of the extra picks to an earlier pick in the second round to secure tight end Max Williams
so first 3 players will be Shelton, Strong and Williams.

12: Danny Shelton/DT/Washington
19: Ereck Flowers/OT/Miami
43: Eric Rowe/DB/Utah

1) I don't think they make picks at 12, 19 and 43. I think they'll move around. If they stay:

12) DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (if he's available)
19) DJ Humphries, OT, Florida
43) Jordan Phillips, DT, Oklahoma

This is really a step out of the norm for my expectations.. I have a feeling that Danny Shelton ends up in Cleveland. I also feel like there's a lot of depth at DT that will allow Farmer to look at the best available player at 12. Don't feel like DJ Humphries will be there at 19, so that can be Flowers, Irving or Collins as well.

At least one of the picks is traded.
At least one lineman is taken in the 1st round.

Death, taxes, and first round O-linemen predicted by Browns fans - the only certainties in life.

We have 2 firsts and 2 seconds invested in our current line. If you can't win with that and supplement in the later rounds then you're doing it wrong.

We have much larger, looming needs. It's not 1999 anymore.

Death, taxes, and first round O-linemen predicted by Browns fans - the only certainties in life.

We have 2 firsts and 2 seconds invested in our current line. If you can't win with that and supplement in the later rounds then you're doing it wrong.

We have much larger, looming needs. It's not 1999 anymore.

Can't speak for everyone, but I predict o-linemen to the Browns because we have 2 firsts and 2 seconds invested in our current line. Also, because Mitch Schwartz isn't a Farmer pick.

This isn't, "what do you want the Browns to do?", this is, "what do you think the Browns will do?"

2 Scenario's...

1. Staying at the picks
12: Devante Parker
19: Shane Ray
43: Laken Tomlinson

2. Trade for a QB
12: Traded for Bradford
19: Jalen Strong

I'd say it's 50/50 whether the Browns stay at the picks or move around in the top 50.

Barring no trades..(which I think will happen):

12/ Parker
19/ Brown or GOldman, I will say Brown (I can also see them selecting Gregory/Ray here b/c they will fall. I would LOVE the Ray pick, not sure about the Gregory. Completely goes against trying to get high character guys. You seriously can't bring in another pothead who will be on the substance program, right?!)
43/ Odighizuwa (if Maxx is there, I can definitely see that, as well)

I could also see a trade of our two 1sts + 2016 1st for MM.

I just can't see us NOT trading..

Laken Tomlinson as a Greco replacement? He's supposed to be the "safest" pick in this draft.

Laken Tomlinson as a Greco replacement? He's supposed to be the "safest" pick in this draft.

Exactly, Tomlinson is a smart, high character guy who started all 4 years at Duke as RG. He's an excellent run blocker. The downside to him is he struggles to block in space. Not sure if that will deter the Browns and the zone blocking scheme or they can work with that given the strength of those around him.

Tomlinson projects as a long term solid starter at guard with a very low bust potential.

Barring no trades..(which I think will happen):

12/ Parker
19/ Brown or GOldman, I will say Brown (I can also see them selecting Gregory/Ray here b/c they will fall. I would LOVE the Ray pick, not sure about the Gregory. Completely goes against trying to get high character guys. You seriously can't bring in another pothead who will be on the substance program, right?!)
43/ Odighizuwa (if Maxx is there, I can definitely see that, as well)

I could also see a trade of our two 1sts + 2016 1st for MM.

I just can't see us NOT trading..

A pass rusher like Odighizuwa (what a name to type) or Kikaha in the 2nd round would be a good get for the Browns.

Assuming that there are no trade?

12: Shelton
19: Flowers
43: Smith

Ugh, that draft would leave me wanting more.

Honestly, it's getting to the point where NOT taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds will leave me satisfied.

The offensive line is fine.

My ideal scenario:

12 - Shelton
19 - Perriman
43 - Petty

2 Scenario's...

1. Staying at the picks
12: Devante Parker
19: Shane Ray

2. Trade for a QB
12: Traded for Bradford
19: Jalen Strong

I'd say it's 50/50 whether the Browns stay at the picks or move around in the top 50.
You get Ray and Parker and you have an A Plus First Round!!!
I am hoping you are dead on!!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."