• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Pujols Meeting with Marlins

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
And who exactly would they surround him with? I know they have Hanley (who was hurt and had an awful year) & I know they have that stud Stanton - other than those 2? Annibal Sanchez is the only pitcher I'd take on that staff

rumors swirling reyes has already signed and burhele has had two visits this week

rumors swirling reyes has already signed and burhele has had two visits this week

Where would Reyes play? 2B? Or would they move Hanley to 2B? Or do they move Hanley - period?

Where would Reyes play? 2B? Or would they move Hanley to 2B? Or do they move Hanley - period?

I've heard Hanley or Reyes are open to play third....idk but imagine the lineup of Hanley Albert and Jose the marlins will be instant contenders and if they can sign burhele to front the rotation

I've heard Hanley or Reyes are open to play third....idk but imagine the lineup of Hanley Albert and Jose the marlins will be instant contenders and if they can sign burhele to front the rotation

Don't forget to add Stanton to that lineup - who would arguably their 2nd best player on the team

Yea - that's a sick lineup (BTW: how in the fuck do the Marlins go from the cheapest team in all sports to what will be one a top 5 spending team? )

EDIT: Burhle isn't a world beater but he is extremely solid (never gets hurt and always throws quality starts)

(BTW: how in the fuck do the Marlins go from the cheapest team in all sports to what will be one a top 5 spending team? )

Brand new stadium. Which is supposed to draw a lot more attendance.

Which twitter "insider" is claiming this info?

@allsportsintel and @incarceratedbob both have reported it

boobie what dumbass comments are u make today besides the one u made to me

Dont they have a starting pitcher last name Johnson?, I thought he was a stud

Dont they have a starting pitcher last name Johnson?, I thought he was a stud

he was injured pretty sure, but if they get burhele and possibly trade for shields they'll have a quality rotation of burhele shields johnson and sanchez

We need an incarceratedbob sticky thread.

Please no more...

god what i would give too see the Indians find a way too land a power hitter for the middle of the lineup!!!

1. If the Marlins land Reyes and Pujols, it goes a long way to filling that stadium. Not to mention they are in on Cespedes.

2. Loria knows he has to start off on the right foot with the new stadium. He is spending on the right types- superstars, not just signing a bunch of Josh Willinghams- but I have to question the choice of Reyes due to his injury history. Pujols is a no-brainer though.

3. Albert is going to consider whatever team makes him the highest per-year salary player in baseball. He can say whatever he wants- for him to hit FA, his goal has to have been from day 1 to be the highest paid guy in baseball. There is no other reason for him to leave St. Louis. Money talks, and money will dictate where he signs.

4. If the Marlins can pull it off, the core of their lineup will be Reyes, Ramirez, Pujols, LoMo, and Stanton. Plus you have Ozzie. They would still have holes at 2B and CF (John Buck is a good defensive C who adds some power, they are fine there) and they would have Gabby Sanchez to peddle for a capable player there (I think Cord Phelps would look dandy in that infield... just sayin'...). And if Emilio Bonifacio has finally figured it out- he had a good year offensively, not sure about the D- he could be a good average player for 2B.

5. Adding Buerhle would be a great idea for the Marlins, too. Great big park for a pitcher like him to work in. The Marlins' staff is both a huge risk but also talented. If Josh Johnson gets healthy, then the top of the rotation looks like roses. If Nolasco can shake his Carmonitis, the Marlins would then have one of the best 4th guys in baseball. Alot of risk but alot of potential in that group.

6. Anyone see the Marlins' supposed new logo and uniforms? That would easily become the worst logo in major pro sports. Absolutely horrific.

god what i would give too see the Indians find a way too land a power hitter for the middle of the lineup!!!

Pretty sure you could find your answer in the 'Would You Rather' thread in EAYOR....

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."