1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser. You can find the style chooser on the bottom left of the website. - Ben

Pujols Meeting with Marlins

Discussion in '(MLB) Cleveland Indians' started by albert05, Nov 11, 2011.

1. albert05

albert05 Rookie

It would be ironic if the Marlins who dont like to spend money step up and sign another star, could this be the decision part 2?

Albert Pujols Free Agent Fan Site
    www.albertpujolsfreeagent2012.com

2. Damage

Damage ****face

And who exactly would they surround him with? I know they have Hanley (who was hurt and had an awful year) & I know they have that stud Stanton - other than those 2? Annibal Sanchez is the only pitcher I'd take on that staff

3. bigjmac0815

bigjmac0815 Banned

rumors swirling reyes has already signed and burhele has had two visits this week

4. Damage

Damage ****face

Where would Reyes play? 2B? Or would they move Hanley to 2B? Or do they move Hanley - period?

5. bigjmac0815

bigjmac0815 Banned

I've heard Hanley or Reyes are open to play third....idk but imagine the lineup of Hanley Albert and Jose the marlins will be instant contenders and if they can sign burhele to front the rotation

6. Damage

Damage ****face

Don't forget to add Stanton to that lineup - who would arguably their 2nd best player on the team

Yea - that's a sick lineup (BTW: how in the fuck do the Marlins go from the cheapest team in all sports to what will be one a top 5 spending team? )

EDIT: Burhle isn't a world beater but he is extremely solid (never gets hurt and always throws quality starts)

7. AZ_

AZ_ Hall-of-Famer

Which twitter "insider" is claiming this info?

2 people like this.
  8. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan Duh

Brand new stadium. Which is supposed to draw a lot more attendance.

9. bigjmac0815

bigjmac0815 Banned

@allsportsintel and @incarceratedbob both have reported it

boobie what dumbass comments are u make today besides the one u made to me

10. sjhughes

sjhughes Towel Waver

Dont they have a starting pitcher last name Johnson?, I thought he was a stud

11. bigjmac0815

bigjmac0815 Banned

he was injured pretty sure, but if they get burhele and possibly trade for shields they'll have a quality rotation of burhele shields johnson and sanchez

12. The Oi

The Oi Or Also Schtick

We need an incarceratedbob sticky thread.

Please no more...

1 person likes this.
  13. mofire

mofire Situational Stopper

god what i would give too see the Indians find a way too land a power hitter for the middle of the lineup!!!

14. macbdog

macbdog I just got a semi

1. If the Marlins land Reyes and Pujols, it goes a long way to filling that stadium. Not to mention they are in on Cespedes.

2. Loria knows he has to start off on the right foot with the new stadium. He is spending on the right types- superstars, not just signing a bunch of Josh Willinghams- but I have to question the choice of Reyes due to his injury history. Pujols is a no-brainer though.

3. Albert is going to consider whatever team makes him the highest per-year salary player in baseball. He can say whatever he wants- for him to hit FA, his goal has to have been from day 1 to be the highest paid guy in baseball. There is no other reason for him to leave St. Louis. Money talks, and money will dictate where he signs.

4. If the Marlins can pull it off, the core of their lineup will be Reyes, Ramirez, Pujols, LoMo, and Stanton. Plus you have Ozzie. They would still have holes at 2B and CF (John Buck is a good defensive C who adds some power, they are fine there) and they would have Gabby Sanchez to peddle for a capable player there (I think Cord Phelps would look dandy in that infield... just sayin'...). And if Emilio Bonifacio has finally figured it out- he had a good year offensively, not sure about the D- he could be a good average player for 2B.

5. Adding Buerhle would be a great idea for the Marlins, too. Great big park for a pitcher like him to work in. The Marlins' staff is both a huge risk but also talented. If Josh Johnson gets healthy, then the top of the rotation looks like roses. If Nolasco can shake his Carmonitis, the Marlins would then have one of the best 4th guys in baseball. Alot of risk but alot of potential in that group.

6. Anyone see the Marlins' supposed new logo and uniforms? That would easily become the worst logo in major pro sports. Absolutely horrific.

15. macbdog

macbdog I just got a semi

Pretty sure you could find your answer in the 'Would You Rather' thread in EAYOR....

16. AZ_

AZ_ Hall-of-Famer

Miami is not exactly a small market, especially from a baseball sense at it is the number one sport amongst most Latin Americans.

More of a sleeping giant market, like Texas.

This move isn't really in Pujols' or Reyes' best interests IMO, they're much better off trying to latch on with an established team. This just seems to be all smoke and mirrors of how great this organization is and trying to build something out of nothing.

Loria can throw all the money he wants at people, he's still a pretty shitty owner and the organization is not well run whatsoever.

Going all out to hire Ozzie Guillen is probably a pretty clear hint as well.

17. AZ_

AZ_ Hall-of-Famer

Good one, except it's not a dumbass comment if I was actually right about where you got these "rumors."

These guys report every rumor they hear on local radio and what not, it's not inside info. And they're popular because of suckers who believe they actually do have sources.

18. DDJ7777

DDJ7777 Cleveland Sports Homer

Soccer?

19. David.

David. .

I think RCF pays him to be the worst poster on the forum

good job thinking latin america likes baseball over soccer, dumb shit. Only rivals when you use statistics that counter your own arguments. Do they ever let you out into public?

20. DDJ7777

DDJ7777 Cleveland Sports Homer

Looks like Miami wants all their teams to have the orange...

[​IMG]