• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Quinn Cook?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JSWO

Reaction score
So it's been reported by multiple places (PD & Bleacher Report) that Quinn Cook has signed with the Cavs summer league team. In other places including locally around Durham, NC it's been said he's been signed to OKC's team. Has his official team been confirmed yet?

I'm a huge Duke fan and hopefully if he cannot make the Cavs roster, there's a spot for him on the Canton Charge.

So it's been reported by multiple places (PD & Bleacher Report) that Quinn Cook has signed with the Cavs summer league team. In other places including locally around Durham, NC it's been said he's been signed to OKC's team. Has his official team been confirmed yet?

I'm a huge Duke fan and hopefully if he cannot make the Cavs roster, there's a spot for him on the Canton Charge.

There are 2 summer leagues in the NBA. The first is the Orlando Summer League, where he is playing for OKC. The 2nd one, the bigger one, is the Las Vegas Summer League. He's playing with the Cavs in that one. Fairly common for undrafted guys to play in both leagues in order to be in front of more NBA personnel.

There are 2 summer leagues in the NBA. The first is the Orlando Summer League, where he is playing for OKC. The 2nd one, the bigger one, is the Las Vegas Summer League. He's playing with the Cavs in that one. Fairly common for undrafted guys to play in both leagues in order to be in front of more NBA personnel.

Excellent. Hopefully Griff locks him up and he can be the 3rd PG on this team. Leader, and improved every year. Could be a valuable asset long term off the bench.

Excellent. Hopefully Griff locks him up and he can be the 3rd PG on this team. Leader, and improved every year. Could be a valuable asset long term off the bench.

Sorry to break it to you, but I don't think that's happening, not with the Cavs at least. Very high probability we bring in a vet PG through trade or free agency, so he'd have to beat out Delly (doubt that would happen). I'm sure, if he plays well, he can catch on somewhere, if not I would expect him or Sykes to be the starting PG in Canton.

Not sure how true....

Not sure how true....

We don't know how much Kyrie will practice or be pushed in training camp, so there will need to be a lot of PG's(ideally 4) in camp to facilitate 5x5 scrimmaging with back ups.

Excluding Kyrie, you have Mo and Delly. Cook would be a third pg/camp body and Cunningham is listed as a PG/SG so he could be that 4th.

If Kyrie is not ready to play opening night, the Cavs might want to have Cook/Cunningham battle it out for that 15th spot on a non-guaranteed contract. Once Kyrie is ready, either one of those guys could stick with Canton and be an emergency 3rd PG running the Cavs O down in Canton as prep.

Nothing earth-shattering or impactful as far as the overall season goes, just a few bodies at PG they like to fill things out in training camp and potentially be emergency 3rd PG's in the even of injury.

Slightly biased being a Duke fan... if he doesn't stick with us (if true), I really hope someone picks him up. Kid has worked his ass off the last 4 years and took a step back from the spotlight last season (more like 3 steps) with the 3 star freshmen that joined Duke. If anything he can be a Delly-like pest in practice against Kyrie.

Only knowing very little about Quinn's status right now, but this is the kid to sign if you're getting a fringe PG for camp that can eventually do some serious development in Canton.

If the rumors about KI are true, might not be bad to have someone like Cook on our opening night roster.

I know it was a scrimmage, but I liked what I saw from Cook tonight.

Cook is impressive, he can obviously really shoot the ball and has an adequate handle. If he can defend then there is a place in the nba for him.

IMO, certainly the best player for that 15th spot, not sure he's the best fit though.

Cook has more skill than Delly. I'm not sure if he is better than Delly right now (especially if Delly can hit threes consistently), but I think he could easily become better than Delly.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."