• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Raja Bell joins Cavs Front Office

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Hollinger (among others) follows this guy:

And Kuperstein works for the same Miami radio station that aired this interview with Bell in July, where he states that Griffin offered him a position with the team.

Mods, please split this into a new thread if that seems appropriate.
Wow, that's pretty great.

Griff rebuilding the PHX SSOL glory days one piece at a time.

So we tried to be San Antonio East, then OKC East, now we are Phoenix East.
Really, we tried to be a weaker version of SA and OKC.

Now we are like Phoenix as Voltron. All the pieces massively upgraded into a superpowered version of what PHX was at their peak.

You have Lebron who is essentially Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire combined into one body, plus Kyrie who's less the playmaker Nash was but 3x the scorer. And you have Dion in the Marion role of the energy slasher shooter. Miller/Jones/Allen platooning as your Raja Bell.

And a coach who will run just as much but values defense much more than MDA ever did.

Plus a bonus Kevin Love!

Also, the actual Shawn Marion!

Always liked Raja Bell as a no-nonsense enforcer at the guard position. Tough dude, great addition..

The Eastern Lob City

The East Coast Showtime

Really, we tried to be a weaker version of SA and OKC.

Now we are like Phoenix as Voltron. All the pieces massively upgraded into a superpowered version of what PHX was at their peak.

You have Lebron who is essentially Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire combined into one body, plus Kyrie who's less the playmaker Nash was but 3x the scorer. And you have Dion in the Marion role of the energy slasher shooter. Miller/Jones/Allen platooning as your Raja Bell.

And a coach who will run just as much but values defense much more than MDA ever did.

Plus a bonus Kevin Love!

Also, the actual Shawn Marion!

So, what you're saying is that we are nothing like Phoenix? lol

I honestly think that there's no way in hell to determine how Blatt and LeBron are going to shape this team. LeBron changed his game in Miami to suit the players/team, and I could see him doing so again depending on the system Blatt puts together for our collection of talent.

Two things are certain: (1) It's going to take time to develop, and (2) it's going to be a shitload of fun to watch.

I heard what got him the job was how much talent he showed griff in his ability to handle his outlook calendar and complete repetitive tasks to a deadline

From a guy who works at WQAM:

Was tweeted yesterday.

http://wqam.com/2014/08/28/raja-bell-19/

-Director of Player Administration

-Became really good friends with Griff in Phx

-This was in place & in the works before LeBron committed

-Griff called him, Raja started making trips up here, getting to know guys, etc

-Did some consulting here with player personnel, the draft, and the coaching hire

-Definite added excitement with LeBron in the fold, he didn't see it coming

-Thinks CLE kinda fell into LeBron a bit, not sure anyone here expected it to happen

-Looking forward to getting to know LeBron & Love more, etc

-"Now are you his (LeBron's) boss?"..... *Laughs* "Who's boss? I'm nobody's boss"

-They were joking about being a "secret agent".. Bell: *Laughs* "The Cavs were gracious enough to give me a job, so my loyalty is there"

-A lot of young talent in place, lacked shooting depth (before this off-season), no shooters better to get than guys who LeBron's played with & is comfortable with

-"I asked my 7 year old when we first started talking about going to Cleveland, if he wanted me to get a job in the NBA again, he said 'absolutely'. I told him we'd have to go to Cleveland & leave his school, etc, and he said 'absolutely not'... Fast forward to the day LeBron made his decision, I picked him up & he ran up to me and said "daddy daddy, it's ok if you go to Cleveland now" :chuckle:

Pretty good interview, but it's definitely a done deal

I thought we were the Cleveland Heat?
dallas-mavs-2_20120614105824_320_240.JPG

Bell going to teach the team to flop better. Mentors Varejao and LeBron will help with this. In all seriousness I hate flopping, it's sad LeBron does it so much for the superstar he is.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."