1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Randolph part of trade talks

Discussion in 'Around The NBA' started by ButterMPancakes, Jun 3, 2010.

1. ButterMPancakes

ButterMPancakes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5248951&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Is there an off-season thread this could get moved to?

• Like Like x 7
  2. cdt

cdt Oh My God! Staff Member

They're sure as hell intent on dealing this kid...

He's got loads of potential but from what I've heard a fragile mentality and outrageous contract demands...they desperately need a Center. A healthy Tyson Chandler would help quite a bit.

3. Randolphkeys

Randolphkeys Admittedly Pompous Staff Member

Take a deep breath, Richfieldcavsraised.... don't go hyperventilating on us.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Silky Smooth

Silky Smooth All-Star

He added 20lbs of muscle! Very impressive. I wanted him when we had an opportunity to take on Corey Maggette at the trade deadline. There is really no telling if we could of actually made that trade considering Anthony Randolph got hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Binkster

Binkster NBA Starter

I have loved this kid since he came into the league. So much talent and upside. Great ups. He would be perfect to have as a young PF "project." It's too bad the Cavaliers have never gone after him.

My only concern... Doesn't he seem to go to his left every time? I don't think he has any right... :confused:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z85vHk5cc98&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z85vHk5cc98&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. Radar

Radar ClutchChampion23

I never really got the point if having JJ and randolph together....IF yall were talking about them in a trade then there isnt much of a difference...Also corey magg. is horrible and a chucker...Why would we want that and that contract???

7. ButterMPancakes

ButterMPancakes

I'm not saying he's exactly a good signing (especially with how old he is now), but the guy was still able to put up 20 points on 51.6% shooting this year... and that with a 26% shooting from 3. Also 7th in the league in FTA.

But yeah, he's a huge flopper who's only getting older.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Silky Smooth

Silky Smooth All-Star

Because he gets to the line a crap load and makes his free throws. Having that off the bench would be really nice to have. He wouldnt be my first option though.

9. retreataccept

retreataccept Rookie

Randolph has Garnett-like defensive potential. He can guard at least three positions. I doubt we have the assets but id happily take some bad contracts to get him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. elcheato

elcheato NBA Starter

The one problem is he only plays for stats. Once he gets his 20 points he usually stops playing.

11. Evancook

Evancook Situational Stopper

or maybe he gets tired?:dunno:

12. Smooth

Smooth Vatreni

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Ferry high on Randolph last year and trying to get him?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Adam

Adam Reading and reacting

why is it that all NBA players add 20 pounds of muscle? they never get reported as adding 10 or 15 its always 20.

i think somone should just dig up the old randolph thread, its not like hes improved since then, apart from the muscle

14. Phills14

Phills14 Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Staff Member

BTW- Any idea what Minnesota is doing here? Why do they want/need Anthony Randolph. They can barely play Kevin Love and Al Jefferson. Do one of those guys get moved in Randolph is brought in?

15. sailfish

sailfish Sixth Man

I would love to see the Cavaliers acquire Randolph, but we don't really have the goods to interest Golden State in a deal. They're more interested in going young and getting draft picks. Minnesota will gladly drop down 2 spots and take on a bad contract to acquire Randolph. That deal is going to happen. Look for the T'Wolves to then deal either Al Jefferson or Kevin Love.

16. LyXo

LyXo Your time is gonna come.

If we're willing to part with Varejao, we may have a chance, picking up him with a couple other pieces.

AV, Delonte

for

Randolph, Maggette, Anthony Morrow, #6 pick

It seems like GSW has been trying to get younger for the past 3 years. They probably need some vets.

17. Mdog1

Mdog1 NBA Starter

We're getting Al Jefferson!

18. mAo_mAo

mAo_mAo NBA Starter

That's one very lopsided trade. If Ferry can pull that of he is a God. That said, this is impossible.

• Like Like x 2
  19. RchfldCavRaised

RchfldCavRaised Season of Dreams

YYou guys are SOOOO lucky this thread was started on my mini-vaca

Expect a full page write-up reaffirming my love for the player that WILL BE (this season Young, he leaves D Miles in his dust) Anthony 'Garnett-Connie-Hawkins-Larry-Nance' Randolph!!!

Go get him Ferry... CHAMPIONSHIPS will follow. Two guys who always look like they are crying durin games in Bron and Randolph. I dare a ref not to favor us

• Like Like x 5
  20. chrisrich91

chrisrich91 Rising Back Up

People are still undervaluing Anderson Varejao. He is a defensive monster who also works the pick and roll quite nicely with LBJ. You hold on to AV at all costs unless you're discussing a superstar acquisition.

• Like Like x 3