• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Ray Farmer Suspended 4 Games for Text-Gate

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ssopata

Sixth Man
Reaction score
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/cleveland_browns_ray_farmer_su.html

NEOMG reported on Jan. 6 that a Browns "high-ranking personnel member texted from the press box to the sidelines about playcalls'' during a game, which was one of the reasons former offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, now with the Falcons, felt that working for the Browns had become dysfunctional for him.
Multiple league sources have told NEOMG that Farmer was the high-ranking personnel member who violated the NFL's electronic use policy by the impermissible texting. Those messages were then apparently relayed to the coaches

Farmer is facing a multigame suspension -- as many as three or four games -- and the Browns are facing the loss of a draft pick if the probe, conducted by in-house NFL executives, shows that Farmer acted improperly.

Why do the fans have to suffer for his mistakes?

Why lose a draft pick? Why?

Why isn't a suspension and fine good enough? Why?

Why ?

? ?

Fire him.. He is clearly inept. The guys gets excited over combine numbers and doesn't trust his own million dollar study on which QB to draft, leading to 2 huge first round busts.

Fire him.. He is clearly inept. The guys gets excited over combine numbers and doesn't trust his own million dollar study on which QB to draft, leading to 2 huge first round busts.

Just what we need, another change at the front of the office.

I don't see how a draft pick is lost here... Mike Tomlin tripped a player during a game, during a play... The Steelers lost nothing.. If the Browns lose a pick for some crap like this, I'll be pretty livid.

Everything about the NFL is so fucked up. I honestly can't watch this shit show anymore.

Thank God it probably won't exist in 20 years. Thank God for the NBA.

A fine should suffice. Anything beyond a fine should be pretty ridiculous, given the other circumstances that other teams have put themseleves through, only to get fined at the most.

If an investigation took place in the league regarding text message communication from the press box to the sidelines, you would probably have to fine the other 31 teams as well.

So, in a week, the Browns will have a player suspended for drinking some beer, a GM suspended for texting, neither doing their respective infraction while driving.

Pats can cheat. Steelers can rape and smoke weed. Ravens can stab and hit their fiance. But heaven forbid a Brown drinks a beer or sends a text. Goodell has to show he's "tough", but only against certain teams.

Jury is out on Gilbert.

Crowell
West
Kirksey
Bitonio
K'Waun Williams
and picked up another first rounder in the process.

Let's also not discount the signings of Dansby/Whitner.

Is this situation a mess? Does it piss me off? Sure.

But aside from Manziel, I think Farmer has been supreme at sourcing talent for this team.

Wait, what'd Farmer say about it?

Still think it's ridiculous that the NFL cares about this. It's a freaking text message, from the GM of the team. Teams have coordinators up in the boxes calling down plays but you can't use a phone.

It's relieving to me that this was Farmer and not Haslam. Can you imagine the uproar if it was a non-football member calling for Manziel and making everyone watch his awfulness? And if Farmer does not make this text, who knows if Manziel ever gets reps? I am very happy that we got to see Manziel for the last 2 games. It wasn't pretty to watch, but it was critical for Manziel's future for him to realize how big of a joke he is. It was also critical to get game film on Manziel heading into another offseason with two 1st round picks.

FWIW. Someone is going to have to explain Lane's vantage/opinion of the org..

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."