1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Ray Lewis possibly took banned substance while injured

Discussion in 'Around The NFL' started by JMcCurry08, Jan 29, 2013.

1. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 NBA Starter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...bstance-to-recover-from-torn-triceps/related/

2. boxxer

boxxer Situational Stopper

Shocking!!!!

I mean, don't all players come back from a torn tricep in 3 weeks?

• Like Like x 4
  3. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 NBA Starter

He wouldnt comment on it when asked during Media Day....shocking

4. macbdog

macbdog I just got a semi

Shocking- an football player on an illegal performance enhancer. What's next, Lance Armstrong admitting to doping?

As for what Ray-Ray was doing, this is what you get when your testing program is a dog and pony show. Who cares if you test positive (if you even get tested at all late in the season like that) when it won't impact the remainder of your last season? Doubt Ray was the first, or will be the last, in that kind of situation. And guarantee you, even if Ray tested positive, if he retires at the end of the year, the NFL suppresses that test result. And in Ray's defense, while the antler spray is illegal, at least he didn't just go straight for synthetic hGH and the usual juice, this SWAT offers more than the antler spray. Also, why is this new? I thought he was one of the vigilant deer antler spray users prior to its' banning? And why did SWAT release this? Are they just trying to cover their ass and not get labeled as a BALCO? I wonder what their motivation is- not that I disagree with it, but I am curious. They seem to want to do things 'by the book', or at least what isn't illegal yet, so why still hock the deer antler spray if that is their angle?

5. Rob

Rob Best of the Land

So he's a murderer, and a cheater...

Can we please stop gassing up this Ray Lewis is a nice guy bullshit now ESPN? K thanks.

6. Soda

Soda Bania'd

Yeah freaking right. He's already signed a contract with ESPN for after his retirement. The parade has just begun.

7. bob2the2nd

bob2the2nd member 32

The fact this isn't huge news over every single sports news website is mind blowing. The NFL at this point should pretty either suspend Lewis now, or just announce to the world they only care if non star athletes cheat. If there is actually an audio of him trying to get this, he should face an immediate suspension for 4 games

8. Maximus

Maximus BANNED Staff Member

There's no way possible for them to do that. The league has rules about due process. They could suspend him and he'd appeal...then play in the SB...then retire.

And how is it not huge news? It's all i've listened to all day long on any radio/tv channel.

• Like Like x 4
  9. SuperSurge

SuperSurge Slice & Dice Staff Member

So if we don't care about the murder (allegedly) what makes you think anyone cares about some deer extract?

10. caf

caf Banņed

Funny progression on Around the Horn. The Ray Lewis topic comes up... and no one on the panel knows what Deer Antler spray is or what it's effects are.

Let me rephrase this. Four paid journalists don't know anything.... literally anything... about a substance that is the center of a complex situation. News flash ESPN... there is the fucking internet, and google. How fucking hard was that?

For fucks sake, RCF broke the Deer Antler epidemic two years ago!

Blackistone then goes talk about Ray Ray not commenting: "I don't think we should allow someone to work at ESPN as a journalist who is not willing to comment on a story. He should not work at this fine establishment" ... or something to that bullshit effect. It's embarassing that Blackistone calls himself a journalist.

11. David.

David. .

again, youre out of your mind if you dont think these guys who are so big and athletic that 'unnatural' is a word that frankly doesn't do them justice take p.e.d.'s

• Like Like x 5
  12. MDLT

MDLT NBA Starter

Off topic I guess, and understand that cheating is cheating, but why is it a banned substance? These guys are literally kill themselves playing the game every week. Why not let them taking Deer Antler spray or half this other stuff, which allows them to heal quicker.

I can see why they ban straight roids, but what's the problem with using something that allows them to heal from injury fast.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CPK

CPK Sixth Man

Whelp, color me shocked. Can't wait for ESPN to start touting Lewis as the greatest defensive player of all time.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  14. MDLT

MDLT NBA Starter

Also, it's time to stop thinking about ESPN as a source for serious journalism/reporting. They aren't interested in finding truth, but making money through business relationships. Anything else is secondary.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Voice

The Voice Best in the World

Yes he could do this and the reporters can blackball him out of the hall of fame for roiding.

Won't happen.

16. Numbers Guy

Numbers Guy 1234567890

I've never understood why sports ban substances other than roids. What he took is not even illegal.. you can pick it up anywhere.

17. caf

caf Banņed

I have no qualms about someone taking these types of drugs for healing purposes.

The NFL is a sport where it is inevitable that you will get injured in some fashion. It seems silly to know that players will get hurt and then ban an avenue to a faster recovery. Im fairly certain my uncle was perscribed a testosterone regimine when he had rotator cuff surgery.

18. The Voice

The Voice Best in the World

What Rashard Lewis took when they beat us wasn't illegal either. I don't remember you defending him.

19. MoneyMP3

MoneyMP3 Long Live The Idols

What a shocker.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Soda

Soda Bania'd

I've been trying to find something witty to say about this thread... All I can think of is how much of a "no shit" thread this is. 17 years as one of the game's premier players in this era? Ya, ok.