1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Reporting multiple posts

Discussion in 'Ask the Staff' started by aislepathlight, May 3, 2011.

1. aislepathlight

aislepathlight In the Rotation

Hey mod crew/Glen/awesome people who run this site.

I just saw three spam posts and I want to report all three of them (for ipads and other electronics) and I was wondering why you guys have the limit of 600 seconds between reporting spam? I just want to be a good citizen and pwn the spam...

2. Aussie

Aussie Sixth Man

Snitches get stitches

3. wuck

wuck Hustling on the inside Staff Member

I don't have an answer for you about the built-in-delay, but I can say that such reports generate e-mail immediately to every moderator/administrator. When one spammer posts a bunch of junk on different threads and you report it once, it's easy for the first admin to respond to ban that person and also to do a search for any other posts they've made across the whole board (and get rid of them). In other words, we don't need multiple reports in order to deal with those kinds of problems, unless the problems have been caused by multiple users. Which is usually not the case for spam.

• Like Like x 1