• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Reverse Eugenics in Ohio

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
What is this garbage?

Kids with Down Syndrome are potatoes?

Fuck you.

Prince_Dave_Chappelle_Blouses_zpso5cgb0nv.jpg

90-92% of babies that are prenatally diagnosed with Down Syndrome are aborted mostly because parents don't want to deal with the struggles of raising a mentally handicapped child that will be dependent on them for life. It's a sad reality, and I'll take any bans on abortion that I can get. These babies don't deserve this.

I was actually almost diagnosed with Down Syndrome while I was still in the womb. Doctors ran a few tests, and the early indicators were saying that I had Down Syndrome. I didn't end up having it, but I can sure relate to their struggle.

90-92% of babies that are prenatally diagnosed with Down Syndrome are aborted mostly because parents don't want to deal with the struggles of raising a mentally handicapped child that will be dependent on them for life. It's a sad reality, and I'll take any bans on abortion that I can get. These babies don't deserve this.

I was actually almost diagnosed with Down Syndrome while I was still in the womb. Doctors ran a few tests, and the early indicators were saying that I had Down Syndrome. I didn't end up having it, but I can sure relate to their struggle.
You can relate to who's struggle?

You just came out slightly retarded.

I hope genetics research on humans continues to develop, but all we have right now is the ability to recognize genetic changes and abnormalities in utero... someday I hope doctors can adjust the genetic abnormalities without risking the lives of the fetus... science isn't always some bad boogeyman, sometimes its just incomplete.

I hope genetics research on humans continues to develop, but all we have right now is the ability to recognize genetic changes and abnormalities in utero... someday I hope doctors can adjust the genetic abnormalities without risking the lives of the fetus... science isn't always some bad boogeyman, sometimes its just incomplete.

They may someday be able to adjust it even after birth with genetic engineering.

The idea is to use a virus to carry the needed genetic material. It'd effectively be the same thing you'd do in utero.

Unfortunately, this kind of research is not well funded due to the perceived risks.

Asking out of curiosity, would this mean that if the fetus is diagnosed as having down syndrome, it then negates a woman's right to an abortion whatsoever? Or that her reason cannot be due to the fetus having down syndrome? And if the latter is the case, then what prevents her from claiming another reason? Also, at what stage can a fetus be diagnosed as having down syndrome?

I just don't see how such a bill could be enforceable.

Asking out of curiosity, would this mean that if the fetus is diagnosed as having down syndrome, it then negates a woman's right to an abortion whatsoever? Or that her reason cannot be due to the fetus having down syndrome? And if the latter is the case, then what prevents her from claiming another reason?

Nothing prevents her from claiming another reason. There are a couple of states with laws against abortions on the basis of sex/race, and you just have to sign a piece of paper saying that is not the reason.

That whole thing makes no sense to me. If the right to have an abortion is based on a woman's right to do what she wants with her own body, the reason for the abortion shouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

They may someday be able to adjust it even after birth with genetic engineering.

The idea is to use a virus to carry the needed genetic material. It'd effectively be the same thing you'd do in utero.

Unfortunately, this kind of research is not well funded due to the perceived risks.

I always theorized the only thing that could cure cancer is AIDS. And the only that can cure AIDS is cancer.

I have a power point presentation I've been sending to medical directors nationwide that's titled, "Killing AIDS with cancer" and it has photoshopped pictures of Freddie Mercury punching"

Edit: I decided halfway through not to finish this joke because I don't think it's possible to make cancer funny.

@pr26

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."