• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

RIP Saruman, Count Dooku, Dracula....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Human Q-Tip

Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up!
Staff member
Reaction score
Christopher Lee died today at age 93. Appeared in over 275 films, and the roles he played...damn. The greatest interpreter of malevolent characters ever, and it ain't even close. Just some of the parts he played:

Saruman
Count Dooku
Dracula
Lucifer
Rasputin
Scaramanga (Man with the Golden Gun)
Frankenstein's monster
Fu Manchu

He was a great Sherlock Holmes, too.

Dude actually met JRR Tolkien, and was golfing buddies with Ian Fleming.

His World War 2 service included volunteering to fight alongside the Finns during their Winter War against the Russians, fighting at Monte Cassino and climbing Vesuvius three days before it erupted, and service with the SAS, about which he's never spoken.

A complete badass all the way around.

Actor, Knight Bachelor, Bond Villain, Sith Lord, fallen wizard, Count Dracula, heavy metal rocker, master linguist, pilot, military intelligence agent, descendent of Charlemagne, SAS operative, world class golfer, connoisseur of models and countesses, bladed weapons expert, and noted Nazi Slayer.

The only thing he failed to do is rid the world of Hayden Christensen. He got close though.

RIP, World's Most Interesting Man.

image.jpg1_zpsxwe7dasn.jpg

RIP.

I cant think of any bigger Hollywood villain than this guy !

I feel like we should drop his involvement in the Star Wars prequels a bit further down the list of his accomplishments.

I feel like we should drop his involvement in the Star Wars prequels a bit further down the list of his accomplishments.

Saruman and Dooku (despite the dreck that was the PT) introduced Lee to a whole new generation of movie-goers. And, Dooku, along with Palpatine, are about the only interesting characters in the PT. He is the primary antagonist for the latest generation of Star Wars fans through the PT and Clone Wars. I asked a friend's kid who he thought the most evil character in Star Wars was. He said Dooku immediately. He was very dismissive of Vader as being part of the "old" movies.

Sad but illuminating experience.

Loved his work on Sesame Street.. He was so great at counting, I'm sure his contributions to the show will be missed.

Saruman and Dooku (despite the dreck that was the PT) introduced Lee to a whole new generation of movie-goers. And, Dooku, along with Palpatine, are about the only interesting characters in the PT. He is the primary antagonist for the latest generation of Star Wars fans through the PT and Clone Wars. I asked a friend's kid who he thought the most evil character in Star Wars was. He said Dooku immediately. He was very dismissive of Vader as being part of the "old" movies.

Sad but illuminating experience.

Generally speaking, asking kids opinions on anything is a fool's errand. We all liked shitty movies when we were kids and had dumbass opinions on tons of stuff. Give the kid ten to fifteen years and he'll realize how fucking awful the prequels were like an adult.

Don't forget he was a guitarist, loved heavy metal and had a couple metal albums. YouTube or to find some of his stuff.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."