• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rondo & Powell to DAL for Wright, Crowder, Nelson, '15 1st, future 2nd (Woj)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Dallas will be a lot scarier if they got Rondo....

Wrights actually been playing really well for about 2 years now.

He has. He's been playing well this season, but some of his injuries have been holding him back from turning into a potentially a really good player.

Tremendous PER, WS/48, ORtg numbers but the Mavs are better with him off the floor although a lot of that has to do with whom he's playing with. RPM has him as a healthy 2+ offensive player. I'm pretty sure all those numbers would come back down the earth if he played heavier minutes and was asked to carry more of a load plus I'm not sure how much of a center he is even though his wingspan/standing reach are tremendous.

Rondo has been a net negative for three injury plagued seasons in a row. There's so much he can do but I can't see someone with a near 40% TS who shoots 33% from the line being a net positive. The Mavs' offensive efficiency would decrease and I'm not sure how much heir defensive efficiency would improve.

Last edited:
Rondo + Ellis = Problems. I can feel it.

Mavs are a pretty scary team as it is. They'd easily be a #1 seed in the East.

Im not sure Rondo would make them better. Monta needs the ball in his hands, Rondo cant shoot...

Now Rondo + Dirk, holy crap.

The Mavs just followed Rondo on Twitter, whatever that may mean.

If Brandan Wright ends up in Boston the Cavs need to be all over that. Wright has been a shot blocking machine this season in Dallas as a backup big off the bench for the Mavs. He would also fit under the TPE.

Honestly there are a few gettable under the radar guys that could really help this team (someone like Wright would fit in that category if he gets dealt to Bos in a Rondo deal. Wes Johnson from the Lakers is another under the radar role player that could really help the Cavs.)

Last edited:
i do not think this would be a good deal for dallas. don't think it'd be smart for houston to make the trade either (and i think morey realizes this).

people are mistakenly thinking this is the rondo from quite a few years ago. also ignoring current structure of teams + how rondo changes that + how good a player he truly is.

but of course he'd be surrounded by really good players in both hou and dal so maybe he can actually appear to be good again!

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."