• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rudy Gay

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gratefuldead

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Sacramento is shopping him to clear cap to sign Rondo (lol). He would be perfect guy off the bench to give Lebron a rest. Hes played w kyrie and lebron on national teams. His contract isnt good but either was igudola's when the warriors got him.

Don't know what the heck Sacramento is doing, but I really like what I'm hearing.
Him, TT, Smith, Mo, AV and even Delly would probably make the best bench in the NBA next to GS.

Don't know what the heck Sacramento is doing, but I really like what I'm hearing.
Him, TT, Smith, Mo, AV and even Delly would probably make the best bench in the NBA next to GS.

I know it's been mentioned numerous times about Rudy Gay, but I highly doubt if he came here that'd he'd come off the bench.

There's no reason at all you could play him on the wing with James. In fact, James typically plays on the perimeter facilitating the offense anyway. If it's easier to understand think of it this way: 1: James, 2: Kyrie, 3: Rudy; that's not entirely accurate, but we're talking positionless basketball here.

But, tl;dr, there's no way Shumpert/Smith starts ahead of Rudy Gay.

I know it's been mentioned numerous times about Rudy Gay, but I highly doubt if he came here that'd he'd come off the bench.

There's no reason at all you could play him on the wing with James. In fact, James typically plays on the perimeter facilitating the offense anyway. If it's easier to understand think of it this way: 1: James, 2: Kyrie, 3: Rudy; that's not entirely accurate, but we're talking positionless basketball here.

Agree. But who knows, maybe he could and would like to be our very own Iguodala. :chuckle:

If Gay was willing to give up his shots then this would be a no brainer but he's never really done it in the past.
Sure it's his first time playing with two guys who are clearly ahead of him in the pecking order but it would be a risk.

You could make up some crazy defensive nightmare lineups with him: Moz, TT, Lebron, Gay, and Shumpert

I actually think it would be perfect if he came off the bench for us - avg 30+ minutes, he can be our go to guy off the bench with the second unit.

that way our offense will be balanced on both units, because Ky,Bron,Love is already way too much offensive fire power, remember when love was barley getting any touches and was basically a spot up shooter?

add rudy gay to that lineup and....
well the pie isn't big enough to feed everybody lol

Adding Rudy Gay would be incredible, we would be moving toward GSW levels of depth. We would have all kinds of choices. If we moved Lebron down to 30-32 MPG and Kyrie down to 33-34 there would be plenty of minutes to go around for everyone during the regular season.

But there's no way I think it would happen. Why would the Kings trade their second best player for not much? To get Rondo? I can't see it.

Gay would be a way better version of what Iggy was for Golden State...if we could convince him to accept that role.

The 'if' is pretty unrealistic, imo.

Well, if he'd be on board, its a no-brainer. I think it it'd be a no-brainer anyways.

It's not like if we traded him, he'd have zero value to move down the line, too. If we can trade a knuckle head like Dion Waiters and get value, I don't see why that couldn't be the case for Gay.

Yeah, I'd imagine he'd start. Irving, Gay, James, Love, Moz.

LeBron can guard any position so it provides the flexibility to start Gay

Also, Shump, JR, Tristan, AV, and maybe Mo Williams is a sweet bench, with Delly mixed in.

Ugh, starting to get excited again. I can't even quit the Cavs emotionally in the offseason.

Yeah, I'd imagine he'd start. Irving, Gay, James, Love, Moz.

LeBron can guard any position so it provides the flexibility to start him.

Also, Shump, JR, Tristan, and maybe Mo Williams is a sweet bench, with Delly mixed in.

Ugh, starting to get excited again. I can't even quit the Cavs emotionally in the offseason.

That team... My god. I never thought I would mean this but we really need to get Gay.

How good is Gay at 3 pointers?

I mean, does Gay prefer 3-balls, or just two?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."