• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rumor: Rajon Rondo Wants to be Traded

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Ouch! Sacramento gets rejected at almost every turn.

Could you imagine what he could do on a team like the Rockets? That'd be insane. I don't think the Rockets have a package good enough for him, though.

Could you imagine what he could do on a team like the Rockets? That'd be insane. I don't think the Rockets have a package good enough for him, though.

I would assume they start off with Beverly and Terrance Jones. Don't know what else they have to offer.

This has been years in the making. Really still surprised he's a Celtic at the moment.

It would be best for both parties to move on. Celtics can acquire more assets and assist their tank, Rondo can go win somewhere.

I would assume they start off with Beverly and Terrance Jones. Don't know what else they have to offer.

And at the point Danny Ainge tells Darryl Morey to go fuck himself :chuckle:

Seriously though they need to trade him. He doesn't really fit into their rebuild. He'll already be old by the time their young guys are ready to be real contributors on winning teams.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Seriously though they need to trade him. He doesn't really fit into their rebuild. He'll already be old by the time their young guys are ready to be real contributors on winning teams.

Pretty much. The Celtics possibly have their point guard of the future in Marcus Smart.

Think the return for Rondo won't be as high as what boston would think. Rondo is the most disrespected PG and his greatest accomplishment has an asterisk because the NBA feels as a whole that ANY PG would've been as successful.

His shooting limitation is just too great for a modern PG to have. Good luck to Boston in getting a big return back for Rondo but sadly I think they'll have to settle for a vet, a promising young player and one or two firsts

I don't think that's the worst deal in the world. Rondo to me is good, but won't net a lot of value. If the Celtics are expecting what the T-Wolves got for Love, then they'll never move him.

He's a point guard that can't shoot, that's coming off an ACL. He's good, but not all-star caliber good anymore IMO. Plus he's 28, yikes, didn't know he was that old.

I don't think that's the worst deal in the world. Rondo to me is good, but won't net a lot of value. If the Celtics are expecting what the T-Wolves got for Love, then they'll never move him.

He's a point guard that can't shoot, that's coming off an ACL. He's good, but not all-star caliber good anymore IMO. Plus he's 28, yikes, didn't know he was that old.

No that deal is terrible lol. Agreed, I don't think he'll net the Celtics a haul similar to what Kevin Love netted Minnesota but I certainly think the return on Rondo will be better than Beverley, T. Jones, and a couple 1sts.

And for all the negatives you listed about Rondo you neglected all that he brings to the table. He's an elite rebounder for his position. Elite defensively, always amongst the league leaders in steals per game. One of the best passers in the league, while also being an elite floor general. He's really an elite guard.

I don't know what Rondo will net the Celtics but I'm positive it'll be a good haul. I think he's still a really valued commodity and last season he showed that he's still largely the same player even after ACL surgery.

Last edited:
This is the exact scenario I thought.

I really have no idea what the Celtics would ask for. They have so many draft picks.

No that deal is terrible lol. Agreed, I don't think he'll net the Celtics a haul similar to what Kevin Love netted Minnesota but I certainly think the return on Rondo will be better than Beverley, T. Jones, and a couple 1sts.

And for all the negatives you listed about Rondo you neglected all that he brings to the table. He's an elite rebounder for his position. Elite defensively, always amongst the league leaders in steals per game. One of the best passers in the league, while also being an elite floor general. He's really an elite guard.

I don't know what Rondo will net the Celtics but I'm positive it'll be a good haul. I think he's still a really valued commodity and last season he showed that he's still largely the same player even after ACL surgery.

Dude, he's not as good as he was. He's not even in the same equation as Kevin Love. He's 28 years old, one year removed off an ACL. Trust me, you might think the Houston package is garbage, but there's no sane GM that's going to offer up real assets for a point guard that's past his prime, and clearly can't shoot.

I'm not neglecting what he brings to the table, I'm simply mentioning in a day and age, where floor spacing is everything, Rondo is clearly limited as a player, and to a team.

Elite guard? Please, he's not in the same category as Chris Paul, Steph Curry, and Tony Parker. Is not even in the class below with Kyrie Irving, Damien Lilliard, and John Wall.

Dude, he's not as good as he was. He's not even in the same equation as Kevin Love. He's 28 years old, one year removed off an ACL. Trust me, you might think the Houston package is garbage, but there's no sane GM that's going to offer up real assets for a point guard that's past his prime, and clearly can't shoot.

I'm not neglecting what he brings to the table, I'm simply mentioning in a day and age, where floor spacing is everything, Rondo is clearly limited as a player, and to a team.

Elite guard? Please, he's not in the same category as Chris Paul, Steph Curry, and Tony Parker. Is not even in the class below with Kyrie Irving, Damien Lilliard, and John Wall.

Past his prime? He's 28. You are underrating Rondo quite a bit.

I don't know why we are comparing him to Love. Love is a top 10 player in the league. Of course Rondo won't fetch as much as him in a trade.

Past his prime? He's 28. You are underrating Rondo quite a bit.

I don't know why we are comparing him to Love. Love is a top 10 player in the league. Of course Rondo won't fetch as much as him in a trade.

He has diminished, I don't know what Rondo you think he still is, but he's not the guy years ago that could carry a team.

I don't think some of you understand what a liability someone like Rondo is, when he can't shoot at all. Teams sag off on him, and it can make your offense stagnant. As good as he is in other areas of the game, his inability to be at least a decent shooter really hurts him, and his teammates. Your point guard needs to be an adequate shooter.

Underrating him? Do you seriously think he's in the same category as Chris Paul, Tony Parker, and Seth Curry? Because if you do, then that's absolutely nuts.

He's not among the best point guards anymore. He's a good player for sure, a guy I'm sure teams would want. But yeah, he clearly has fallen off a bit. We don't even know if he can stay on the floor yet.

He only played 30 games last year. He's 28, there's no respectable team that has any sense at all that would be willing to throw away valuable assets on him. The Celtics have been trying to trade him for awhile, they haven't been able to do so because no one wants to give up anything for him.

He has diminished, I don't know what Rondo you think he still is, but he's not the guy years ago that could carry a team.

I don't think some of you understand what a liability someone like Rondo is, when he can't shoot at all. Teams sag off on him, and it can make your offense stagnant. As good as he is in other areas of the game, his inability to be at least a decent shooter really hurts him, and his teammates. Your point guard needs to be an adequate shooter.

Underrating him? Do you seriously think he's in the same category as Chris Paul, Tony Parker, and Seth Curry? Because if you do, then that's absolutely nuts.

He's not among the best point guards anymore. He's a good player for sure, a guy I'm sure teams would want. But yeah, he clearly has fallen off a bit. We don't even know if he can stay on the floor yet.

He only played 30 games last year. He's 28, there's no respectable team that has any sense at all that would be willing to throw away valuable assets on him. The Celtics have been trying to trade him for awhile, they haven't been able to do so because no one wants to give up anything for him.

I'd say yeah about Seth Curry, but I don't think he's as good as his brother Steph anymore :chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."