• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Safari Achieved: Kitchens secured

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flores is a young guy. Just 37 years old.

He’s worked in the Patriots organization in a variety of roles - scout, special teams, safeties, linebackers and defensive coordinator - for his entire coaching career.

Started with the Pats back in 2004 when he was just 23 years old.

He’s worked in the Patriots organization in a variety of roles - scout, special teams, safeties, linebackers and defensive coordinator - for his entire coaching career.

I don’t want to talk poorly on the guy, but...

1) Never hire a Patriots defensive coordinator. Belichick runs too much of that side of the ball.

2) The New England defense has been terrible this year, his first year as coordinator.

He wouldn’t be the first on my board, necessarily. However, he does satisfy the Rooney Rule at the very least.

Cool maybe he can be our ST coach. But hell no to our HC. This is just Rooney rule.

I don’t think Flores is gonna get the Browns job, but he’s clearly on the NFL’s radar.

Hell, he got an interview with the Cardinals last year and he had not even been a coordinator yet.

Strange it would he just the Rooney Rule. Unless they have no interest in Bieniemy?
Bieniemy hasn’t called plays yet. He’s also only been an OC for a single season.

I know people want any part of that Chiefs offense, but Freddie Kitchens is significantly more qualified as a head coaching candidate at this time than Eric Bieniemy.

Bieniemy hasn’t called plays yet. He’s also only been an OC for a single season.

I know people want any part of that Chiefs offense, but Freddie Kitchens is significantly more qualified as a head coaching candidate at this time than Eric Bieniemy.

I'm just saying, as a pure coaching candidate, I prefer Bieniemy over Flores. I think most would.

Also, and I know most people will poopoo it, but why not offer Jim Caldwell and interview if you purely want a Rooney rule guy. He is a decent coach and was already available.

Also, if they want a defense guy, go get Vic Fangio.

I'm just saying, as a pure coaching candidate, I prefer Bieniemy over Flores. I think most would.

Also, and I know most people will poopoo it, but why not offer Jim Caldwell and interview if you purely want a Rooney rule guy. He is a decent coach and was already available.

Also, if they want a defense guy, go get Vic Fangio.

Head coaching interviews isn’t just about the head coaching job. A lot of times guys who interviewed for that job are later brought in to be a coordinator. And not just that year but a year down the road. So maybe they want to talk to him and build a relationship for the future.

If you hire Bienemy, you’re trying to replicate what Nagy did with the Bears. Which is understandable. Nagy's done a great job and probably will win Coach of the Year.

The issue is that Nagy was a coordinator in KC for twice as long as Bienemy and also called plays, albeit briefly, which is something Bienemy has not done at the NFL level.

If you hire Bienemy, you’re trying to replicate what Nagy did with the Bears. Which is understandable. Nagy's done a great job and probably will win Coach of the Year.

The issue is that Nagy was a coordinator in KC for twice as long as Bienemy and also called plays, albeit briefly, which is something Bienemy has not done at the NFL level.
When did Nagy call plays? I can't find anything on it. My initial thought was Nagy didn't call plays either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."