1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Season ending e-mail from the Tribe

Discussion in '(MLB) Cleveland Indians' started by chiefwahoo, Oct 7, 2010.

1. chiefwahoo

chiefwahoo Skating into the draft

As we watch another postseason without our Tribe, I just got this e-mail:

1 person likes this.
  2. PIP

PIP Orange and Blue Staff Member

They're working tirelessly to provide championship baseball for your business associates....

lol....

3 people like this.
  3. chiefwahoo

That was my favorite part. :chuckles:

4. sjeppe

sjeppe In the Rotation

all i can say to you pip is GO TWINS!

5. macbdog

macbdog I just got a semi

Well, did this email go out to all fans, or was this just season ticket holders? I would assume that line was aimed at businesses that own suites or season ticket packages.

6. chiefwahoo

Not sure, but since I'm no longer a STH I thought it was a little odd. Maybe they still have me on some list, but I didn't have tickets this season.

7. Chardon

Chardon Hall of Farmer

It was missing comic sams -Hell yea, now im pumped.

2 people like this.
  8. Shakalu M.D.

Shakalu M.D. Its Happening!!!!

If they want to increase fan enjoyment at games maybe they should stop charging like 9 bucks for beer.

9. OhioSlayer

OhioSlayer DoubleShot

Dear Indians Fans,

We apologize for sucking once again, but hey atleast we are young. We have some nice young pieces that we will more than likely trade at the deadline for even younger pieces in hopes that by the year 2015 we will compete. Look at the bright side we have a higher draft pick. Who's says its the wrong year to draft high? Please continue to come to future games so one f our players doesn't have to piss and moan about no one showing up while he makes millions to play a game. Thank you for your support.

-Indians Brass

1 person likes this.
  10. Chris

Chris Welcome to the Future

I debated whether or not to read this, but eventually decided it might provide some comic relief. Instead, it was just more proverbial vomit PR-spin spewed forth, nothing funny about it.

11. Marcus

Marcus Let's go Cabs!

This organization makes me want to eat rocks and punch babies.

3 people like this.
  12. sgm405

sgm405 NBA Starter

The Indians would at least use spell check.

13. sgm405

sgm405 NBA Starter

Only in Cleveland does an organization send out a letter (that they didn't have to send) thanking fans for support and get bashed for it...

14. The Oi

The Oi Or Also Schtick

I love these "only in Cleveland" comments that people shit out every once in a while. I mean...have you ever been to another city before? You all do realize that the nation is full of people that take the sports in their city too seriously and vent against the teams when they lose right?

3 people like this.
  15. Snowblind

Snowblind It's Business Time

We still suck before and after this letter.. My feelings about this past season hasn't changed.

1 person likes this.
  16. caf

caf Banņed

Only in Cleveland does an orginzation's owner promise to invest money in their team when the time presents itself.

I guess being up 3-1 in the ALCS (and most likely winning the World Series against the Rockies if winning the ALCS) is not the right time to invest. I guess having the most lockdown group of pitchers (including Byrd) is not time to invest in your team and find hitters that can provide support for this pitching corps.

To our organization, that means its time to sell and get young "prospects" so they can continue to suck on the financial tit that is the Yankees instead of providing good baseball for future fans.

I guess the Dolan's didn't realize that the Cleveland Indians once held the record for most consecutive sellouts. Instead they would rather have an empty stadium so they can guarantee that they don't have empty wallets.

1 person likes this.
  17. sgm405

sgm405 NBA Starter

They retained the same team from 2007 to 2008. Mid-2008, they dealt Sabathia, Blake, and Byrd, three players who would not be back. And before they dealt Sabathia, they tried hard to re-sign him...from Indians beat writer Anthony Castrovince:

"In the winter before the '08 season, when the Indians offered Sabathia around $18 million a year through 2012 -- the largest offer the franchise has ever come up with for a player -- he didn't so much as sleep on it. He knew he was gone, and he broke off negotiations before they even started in Spring Training."

Sabathia was never going to re-sign, and if you think otherwise, you're very naive. So the Indians turned him into Matt LaPorta and Michael Brantley...and Blake into Carlos Santana. Pretty good moves IMO.

In the offseason before 2009, the Indians felt like they could contend, so Dolan ponied up. They signed Kerry Wood for $10 M per year, and brought in Pavano on a one year deal. Wood didn't pan out, but the fact remains that he spent quite a bit on the guy to try to win. He held to his promise.

The reality is that the Indians can only offer so much to a guy. They paid Hafner big bucks, and now they're stuck with a contract that is killing their financial flexibility. The Yankees paid AJ Burnett big bucks too...he crapped out, and they'll just replace him like it's nothing. Blame MLB, not Dolan.

1 person likes this.
  18. sgm405

sgm405 NBA Starter

Believe what you want to believe...it just seems like many Cleveland fans love misery.

1 person likes this.
  19. OhioSlayer

OhioSlayer DoubleShot

Could they afford it?

1 person likes this.
  20. Chris

Chris Welcome to the Future

We love misery?

How do you figure that? We hate it. We're in it right now. That is why we bitch about it daily, because we hate it. Being a shill for the Indians won't change the fact that they suck.

1 person likes this.