• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Season repentance and forgiveness – The Truth and Reconciliation Commission

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pheadrus

"We are on the map"
Reaction score
Repentance.jpg

This thread is for all you non believers, doubters and haters. This is your only chance for repentance and forgiveness for your sins throughout the season.

If you doubted because any of the following, come here, admit your sins and beg forgiveness. Maybe the mods can add a forgiveness rating.

u+turn.png

You didn’t believe in Blatt because
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
  • He is a foreigner
  • His international coaching experience means shit
  • He is a rookie coach
  • NBA is a totally different BB than in Europe. His skills do not translate
  • He will be outcoached by Pop/Stevens/Bud/Thibs/Rivers/ … (Kerr pending)
  • His rotations suck
  • He believes in Delly/ TT/ JJ…
  • He doesn’t believe in Dion
  • He plays Delly/JJ/TT/… so many minutes
  • He plays his stars too much
  • He doesn’t play KL/Moz in the 4th
  • The players don’t respect him
  • Cavs are going to fire him
  • LBJ is the coach
  • Ty is the real coach
  • Damon Jones is the real coach
  • You read too much Vardon/ Haynes / et al ….
  • You are Vardon / Haynes / et al …
  • What’s that shit with Bowling / Yoga /…
  • He doesn’t make appropriate in-game changes/ substitutions/ adjustments
  • His Defence sucks and won’t suffice against CHI / ATL
  • You thought you knew basketball because you have xx,000 likes on a fans forum and Blatt demonstrated that you know shit. Now you are butt hurt and your ego is in the gutter. You still want to busk in the glory, so you jumped on the bandwagon hoping that no one notices.
You didn’t believe in Griffin/Gilbert because
  • They hired Blatt
  • They didn’t fire Blatt
  • They traded Dion
  • They traded for Moz
  • They traded for JR/Shump
  • They traded for Perks
  • They traded for KL
  • They didn’t trade Delly
  • They traded for JJ
You didn’t believe in Delly because
  • He was undrafted
  • He is an Aussie / doesn’t speak English / supports Collingwood
  • He is too slow / un athletic / no upside
  • He will be torched by Rose/ Teague /…
  • His shot is ugly
  • He is white with black soul
  • He can’t run the offense
  • If KI gets injured we’re screwed and bundled out
You didn’t believe in KL because
  • He is leaving for Lakers/Celtics/Knicks/ Maccabi / WNBA/ Netball /…
  • Blatt misuses him
  • He misuses Blatt
  • He can’t play with LBJ and KI
  • He is a pussy
  • Too white
You didn’t believe in JR because
  • He is JR
  • You want the pipe
You didn’t believe in LBJ because
  • Too old / lost his athleticism
  • Doesn’t listen to Blatt
  • Uncoachable
  • Fuck this list will go forever. Feel free to add more
repentance4.jpg

NOTE: This is not the ‘I Told You So’ thread. Although there might be an argument for a companion thread where you can rewarded for your incredible insight , knowledge and foresight with gold plated Likes.

Me, I have nothing to repent for. I've been all in since the trades went down. Overall the team has surpassed my expectation because they've learned to play together as a unit at warp speed and I doubt anyone, including Blatt or Bron themselves would have expected it to happen so quickly and effectively especially in view of the injuries.

All credit is due to Mr. Blatt and his staff, and to Lebron's leadership and mentoring to make this come together in time to reach this level in a half a season.

You need to add a category -- "You DID believe in Dion because..."

I don't think past criticism of or even some present criticisms of Blatt were/are necessarily wrong, or that the Blatt Brigade was necessarily right.

I think things worked out for everyone, though.

I don't think past criticism of or even some present criticisms of Blatt were/are necessarily wrong, or that the Blatt Brigade was necessarily right.

I think things worked out for everyone, though.

Wrong thread. No repentance no forgiveness

• You thought you knew basketball because you have xx,000 likes on a fans forum and Blatt demonstrated that you know shit. Now you are butt hurt and your ego is in the gutter. You still want to busk in the glory, so you jumped on the bandwagon hoping that no one notices.

I thought all of the upside of Shumpert would be doubly cancelled out by JR Smith.

And I thought the Cavs unnecessarily gave up an extra first-rounder for Love and an extra first-rounder for Mozgov.

And I wanted Jonas and Drummond and Embiid.

And I'm not repenting. :chuckle:

I didn't think TT would ever be a good player. I'm so happy to be proven wrong. He's became my favorite player on the team I think.

I don't see it on your list but I'm currently seeking repentance from TT's side. I've been on the opposition of his drafting since I'm on the JV crew. Jury may still be out there and fulfilling the ultimate goal might just prove me wholly wrong. Willing and planning to change my username, with the nod to TT of course, if it all happens. :cool:

There were many days this year I thought Lebron might get Blatt fired. I alternated for awhile between thinking Lebron was being a dick, and the next day thinking he may be right to want him fired. This continued until shortly before playoffs. I was pro-Blatt, but some nights it was hard to be pro-Blatt as I hated his 4th qtr rotations at times. All is well now, and they all had it under control.

I really hated LeBron after the decision and didn't think he should be welcomed back in Cleveland. But he has won me over (it's almost difficult for me to admit). He seems to really be happy to be back, and his leadership in these playoffs has been awesome.

In the words of the Who's Pete Townshend,

Out here in the fields
I fight for my meals
I get my back into my living
I don't need to fight
To prove I'm right
I don't need to be forgiven

Don't cry
Don't raise your eye
It's only teenage wasteland

Non Serviam
Go Cavs!

Wrong thread. No repentance no forgiveness

Wait... what?

Dude, this is a Cavs forum not a Blatt forum, we've got a Blatt thread already. Nobody gives two shits about your idol worship man.

I like Blatt because he's the coach of the Cavaliers; if that changes then so be it. But frankly, some of you guys are getting intolerable with this shit.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."