• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Shawn Marion's Hall of Fame Resume

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Shawn Marion a Hall of Famer?

• Total voters

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
9e09e2684806f2bf3fd14c34f446eba1.jpg

Shawn Marion

Born May 7th, 1978
Height: 6 ft 7 in
Weight: 228 lb
College: UNLV
Drafted: Round 1, Pick 9, in 1999 by the Phoenix Suns
Pro Career: 1999-2015

nba_g_wade_marion_576.jpg

Career History

Phoenix Suns (1999-2008)
Miami Heat (2008-2009)
Toronto Raptors (2009)
Dallas Mavericks (2009-2014)
Cleveland Cavaliers (2014-2015)

0707marion608a.jpg

Career Averages
15.2 PPG (17770 total) - 73rd All Time
8.7 RPG (10101 total) - 35th All Time
1.5 SPG (1759 total) - 17th All Time
1.1 BPG (1233 total) - 50th All Time
34.5 MPG (40097 total) - 29th All Time

shawn-marion-lebron-james-nba-dallas-mavericks-miami-heat2.jpg

Career Accomplishments

NBA Champion (2011)
4x NBA All-Star (2003, 2005-2007)
2x All-NBA Third Team (2005-2006)
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2000)

141225-clemia-14.jpg

So, if you had a vote, is Shawn Marion a Hall of Famer? In my personal opinion, Marion's total impact on the game goes a bit beyond the career numbers I presented here. He's one of the better wing defenders of the past 25 years and is in the top 50 all time in blocked shots as a predominant small forward. He's a bit on the fence and definitely not first-ballot, but I think I'd have to give the nod to The Matrix as a Hall of Famer at some point down the line.

I think the HOF should be reserved for players that were considered to be at or near the top of the game. To me Shawn doesn't make the cut.

I'm a little harsh on players though, so I may be in the minority. I wouldn't be opposed to him making the HOF, but I wouldn't vote for him if that makes sense.

Considering the level of the players already in the hall of fame and their accomplishments and accolades, absolutely. No question.

He's a top player whose always been a factor wherever he's went but I don't know. He's never been a franchise player or imo the second option. If you haven't been the franchise guy I think you should've had to been the second option for most of your career to have a shot.

I wouldn't vote him in anytime soon.

Down the line maybe.

Nice thread stark.

His numbers really caught me off guard.. Really solid statistically.

As for Marion, the answers no

He was incredible in the 2011 Finals where he, Stevenson, and Chandler completely closed the lane to LeBron, but one great series and a few nice regular seasons won't get him anywhere close to the Hall of Fame. Spurs fans never feared him, he was pretty useless for the Suns against Bruce Bowen. The Suns were all Stoudemire and Nash back then. In those days I'd say you're nuts if you would have told me Amare wouldn't be thought of as a Hall of Famer in 2015 though. Pre microfracture he had to be most devastating big I have ever seen in the pick and roll with his midrange jumper and finishing ability.

In 5-10 years maybe. Not now.

Solid numbers overall, though.

In a word. No.

Love the guy as a player but as previously stated the HOF should be saved for top game changing players during their time period. Players that you want to build a franchise around. Not a player who is the 3rd 4th and 5th option on teams that weren't stacked.

In a word. No.

Love the guy as a player but as previously stated the HOF should be saved for top game changing players during their time period. Players that you want to build a franchise around. Not a player who is the 3rd 4th and 5th option on teams that weren't stacked.

It should be, but historically it hasn't. By the standard that past players have gotten in, Marion probably will too.

In a word. No.

Just because he played with one of the greatest PGs of all time and a PF who was top 3 in the game at the time, shouldn't mean he doesn't go in. The Suns ABSOLUTELY were stacked at that time.

Considering the level of the players already in the hall of fame and their accomplishments and accolades, absolutely. No question.
Shawn Marion 4X All Star, 1 Championship, 21st all time in defensive rebounds, 39th in career NBA steals, 28th in career value of replacement.

Alonzo Mourning, Bernard King, Roger Brown, Jamaal Wilkes, Chris Mullin, Adrian dantley, Robert Mcadoo, David Thompson,

There are 71 players with 4 or more all star seasons not in the hall of fame.
of those 71 . 47 are inactive.
meanwhile out of 104 hall of famers with an all star season. 93 hall of famers have 4 or more all star seasons.

Odds are Marion gets in the Hall of fame. its just a question of when.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."