1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

Discussion in 'OSU Football' started by Maximus, May 30, 2011.

?

Should Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams and Thomas be allowed to play OSU football again?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    41.3%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    58.7%
  1. Maximus

Maximus BANNED Staff Member

Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams and Thomas's actions a year ago are what started this whole catastrophe. Do you think they deserve to ever play for OSU again? Personally, I'd tell them they can keep their scholarships and attend school, but they can no longer play. They would obviously be welcome to transfer. I would have to imagine most of their remaining teammates are going to be beyond pissed that those 5 players selfishness pretty much destroyed the Buckeye football program for everyone.

I also think by removing those 5 players you would also send a strong message to the NCAA and potentially lessen the upcoming penalties.

Discuss...

2. Chris

Chris Welcome to the Future

I think this forum is the only place I've seen people saying that Tressel resigning would help us with the NCAA. I have to say the same goes for not allowing these guys to play. The damage is done as far as I am concerned. As for the guys themselves ... fuck, I don't know. That's a tough question.

3. CPK

CPK Sixth Man

They were the ones who broke the rules originally and then Tressel covered it up (hence this whole thing)... the NCAA has technically given out what they deemed the correct punishment for all of those players.

The whole situation just stinks and now we lost our coach who had really done well for this program since taking over. Personally, I don't know if I want to see those guys in a jersey regardless of the NCAA already handing down punishment.

4. cdt

cdt Oh My God! Staff Member

They can all transfer as far as I'm concerned. They helped ruin this program they can go. Its not like Pryor can lead us anywhere hes been way overhyped. Start from scratch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigjmac0815

bigjmac0815 Banned

Everyone deserves a second chance in my book.....they did the crime and they're doing the time with a 5 game suspension

6. col63onel

col63onel Joe Thomas Fan Club

Take what what people said the Dan Gilbert letter would do to free agents, multiply by 1000, and thats what would happen here if those players weren't allowed to play. Right now the negative pub OSU is getting is offset a little by, "Hey, at least they protect their players".

• Like Like x 1
  7. AZ_

AZ_ Hall-of-Famer

I think the players are smart enough to realize it was not these five players who got Tressel fired.

8. MDLT

MDLT NBA Starter

Let us not forget what they did: They traded stuff for tattoos. They did not injure, rape, or remotely hurt anyone, nor commit any local, state, or federal crime. They are being punished by the archaic NCAA for violating their bizarre rules that exist within a completely unreasonable logical framework.

When people look back on these events in 50 years or so, they won't be analyzing what these guys did, but how obscenely moronic the NCAA's regulations were at the time.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Chardon

Chardon Hall of Farmer

Fuck the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl victories.

10. Vindicate2

Vindicate2 Situational Stopper

Within 5 miles what used to be The Richfield Colis
    Good question, as some have stated above a tough call. I'm defering till the SI article comes out. If new allegations come out of those articles for any of those 5, then I would suspended them for the season.

Unreal I was so excited when we got Pryor, Brewster, Posey, and others in that class. I really thought it would put OSU over the top. I had no idea it would be the end of Tressel.

11. DougHeil

DougHeil The LeFraud Interaction

.... or maybe fans and others will look back and get more pissed off at those players than they are now or something? :dunno:

Get rid of the Fab Five. I don't want to see them on the OSU field again. Especially Pryor.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NorthCoastBias

NorthCoastBias All-Star

It just gets better and better...

SOURCE

• Like Like x 1
  13. SanduskyCav

SanduskyCav NBA Starter

I hope Terrelle Pryor is never drafted into the NFL and his life turns to shambles. I am a 23 year old kid and I know how it is to go to OSU and not have money and struggle paying bills, I did it for 4 years. There are many players that probably did struggle and did have to sell things just to get along (not saying that it is okay), however I know for a fact that Pryor was geting paid on the side, not counting what he was bringing in from selling things. He was taking advantage of his situation and hope his football career turns to shit. He ruined this program and he needs to be made an example of. FUCK YOU TERRELLE.

14. "Boobie" Gibson

"Boobie" Gibson In the Rotation

Fuck it. Braxton Miller is coming in. Who needs anyone else?

15. MoneyMP3

MoneyMP3 Long Live The Idols

Personally, I hope Pryor is never allowed to play again. I never liked him at all.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bushwick_bill

bushwick_bill Sixth Man

Doesn't sound like he is going to play again... I admit I didn't think Pryor would take down Tressel and the entire OSU program... I was wrong, I hope he never plays again for OSU and is a NFL bust...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bob_The_Cat

Bob_The_Cat Sixth Man

Everyone is pointing the finger at the wrong people. Had Tressel not covered up what happened, this whole thing would have been a minor blip on the radar. What the players did was a minor violation. I don't think people will look back at how moronic the regulations were. They will look back and wonder how moronic Tressel and co. were to think that they could cover all this up.

18. Mike Manifesto

Mike Manifesto Sixth Man

Why would they still be able to keep their scholarships? Isn't most of that from athletics? If they can't play, they shouldn't be able to keep their scholarships.

19. bushwick_bill

bushwick_bill Sixth Man

I hate him...

20. Triumph36

Triumph36 All-Star

L O L

woww