• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Shurmur and Heckert fired (ESPN)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JMcCurry08

All-Star
Reaction score
ESPN NFL - Browns to part ways with coach Pat Shurmur and GM Tom Heckert by Monday -- report

Maybe we'll get lucky and Shurmur will refuse to coach tomorrow

So......

Saban & Lombardi a lock? Or is something else in the making?

Shurmur totally agree; Heckert disagree.

Better hire all stars Banner or we're just going to be doing this again in two to three years. And again, in two to three years. And again in two to three years...

McDaniels? I'm done if that is the pick. Horrible. Lets bring in Tebow too.

Shurmur totally agree; Heckert disagree.

Better hire all stars Banner or we're just going to be doing this again in two to three years. And again, in two to three years. And again in two to three years...

I have a feeling inheriting a billionaire owner is going to make things a little bit different this time around........

But I agree....Heckert did a good job.

Lombardi + McDaniels. Book it.

th

How long until Heckert is hired by a better organization?

Shurmur has gotten great experience coaching players, so I don't really feel bad for him on the way out. He's learned a lot for his next coordinator job or whatnot.

I liked Heckert, but it is clearly time to move on. As long as he and Banner are co-existing, there will be chronicled coverage of the "power struggle" between the two. I'm upset to have to lose TH, but the franchise is going down a different path. I hope that path is the right one.. :-\

How long until Heckert is hired by a better organization?

The second a job comes open, the guy is in it or using it to leverage salary in another one.

I hope H&B take precise time on searching for the next duo to run our talent, but great at finding it first. This town will rage if McDaniels and Lombardi are hired in. Let's say Gruden and Chin are not an option, Reid is gathering a staff for San Diego one source says. Who is coming here? McDaniels isn't worse than Shurmur, he coached a winner vs Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Doing it with Timothy as QB says alot as well. He knew how to coach the talent he had on the field, but does he really call the shots on offense for NE, or is Belichick a puppet master?

I can take the time to like J-Mac...Not so much for Lombardi though, I already can't stand him on the NFL network.

-Report: Josh McDaniels would jump at the chance to coach Browns

That's all i need to hear, I want people who want to be here and are of course successful.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."