1. RCF Will Be In Flux For a few. I'm going as fast as I can correcting issues. We should be good to go by Monday. Sorry you have to deal with this bland board until then.

Sources: Nets, Nuggets reach agreement; now it's up to Carmelo Anthony to say yes

Discussion in 'Around The NBA' started by Thunder, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Thunder

Thunder Redemption

I have a feeling Melo will turn it down...which wouldn't be a bad thing for the Nets.

12 people like this.
  2. Adam

Adam Reading and reacting

Might be nice if the cavs get murphy for the TPE and one of the 2012 picks, especially if nothing lese emerges as the deadline approaches

3. hud11

hud11 Well-Known Member

totally don't see this for NJ side. Lopez and Anthony would get NJ the 7th seed consistently. lets hope it goes down so hopefully the cavs can get murphy and get GS pick next year, or if not GS pick, then the LA and Houston picks

4. Silky Smooth

Silky Smooth Preview Team

Next thing I want to here is Cavs and Nuggets reach a tentative agreement to get Murphy and 2 future 1st rounders.

5. jerzy234

jerzy234 Kenny Power's Manager

I actually think Carmelo signs the extension.

6. DougHeil

DougHeil The LeFraud Interaction

I can't see Melo accepting this... at all. He has no reason to accept anyway. He knows he can simply wait it out for the knicks with Amare, or for the end of the year and FA, or just sign on with Denver.

I'm also not getting the Nets angle... at all. Not sure how that trade is a good thing for them.

7. Triumph36

Triumph36 Well-Known Member

Murphy for a pick go Grant go. Then send Jamison to the Hornets, buyout Murphy, and send Parker to Chicago for a 2nd or two. That'd be a pretty decent deadline considering the teams most valuable asset is out for the year and the second most valuable asset has been hurt and played very poorly.

8. mAo_mAo

mAo_mAo Well-Known Member

That is a stupid deal for the Nets. Prokhorov probably does not know how valuable first rounders are. Giving up 4 first round picks??? That is stupid.

9. Phills14

Phills14 Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Staff Member

So Murphy plus picks to Cleveland for the TPE. Seattle/OKC landed 2 1st rounders and Kurt Thomas' expiring contract for Cap space so I can see 2 1st being in play here. :thumbup:

10. ButterMPancakes

ButterMPancakes

There isn't a lot of talent past 15 and in some drafts there isn't any talent past 15. . . if his plans are to at least an 8th seed, he might as well get a big name star to sell tickets. Most of the talent beyond the #15 pick can be acquired for the MLE or less.

11. RchfldCavRaised

RchfldCavRaised Drafting workout allstars

Wait... what in the hell are people offering to trade a draft pick along with our TPE for Troy Murphy for???

Im thinking Troy Murphy should come bearing a draft pick, not at the expense of one

12. Silky Smooth

Silky Smooth Preview Team

The money is the issue. He may not see 3 years $65 million in the next CBA.

2 people like this.
  13. Thunder

Thunder Redemption

I think Triumph36 made a mistake...he meant TPE for Murphy AND a pick..not Murphy for a pick.

1 person likes this.
  14. Triumph36

oops ha yes that's correct. sometimes I forget to proofread...

15. The Voice

The Voice Best in the World

Woj was just on Rome saying Melo's camp is disappointed with what Knicks are offering for him. He's considering signing the extension with the Nets and he wants the max money. NY can't do that even if they wait.

16. Noonan

Noonan #howu

This is an incredibly dumb trade for the Nets. I only hope the Cavs can get involved and cash in on the stupidity.

17. Gordon Bombay

Gordon Bombay New Member

so if this goes down and denver wants to give us a pick or two to absorb murphy, does it mean we have to match his salary for the entire year (11+ mil) or would we only have to match what he has left? just wondering how much of the tpe we would have left

18. Triumph36

If they are disappointed they are idiots. They should be trying to get the best post-trade team possible. Instead it seems like they want to stroke Melo's ego by getting the best package in return....

entire salary.

19. Powerslave

Powerslave Rise.

MAKE IT STOP

20. The Common Man

The Common Man New Member

How is this dumb for NJ? You're getting Carmelo Anthony. This is a superstar's league, and Melo is one of maybe 10 superstars out there. He's only 26. Not to mention, this move would be more about next year and the year after than this year for NJ.