• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Stock Investments

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DatDudeZ3

Go Cavs
Reaction score
Anyone know some good, rather cheap stocks, with a chance to grow greatly in value? Looking to get into the stock market, thanks.

How about a form of investment in which each paying participant recruits two further participants, with returns being given to early participants using money contributed by later ones ?

You're about 5 years too late for stocks. Wait until after the next crash. If there is anything left you can buy them then. Shouldn't be longer than another year or two. If the money is burning a hole in your pocket, buy Chinese currency or metals. Or give it to Dave K.

You would buy a random stock from some guy on the internet?

Do yourself a favor and learn how to pick stocks. There is A LOT to learn with stocks. Do your research and read everything.

Start off by opening an account with etrade, ameritrade, etc..

A good start to learn at is,

• stockcharts.com
    • They have good info to teach you (chart school). They explain everything from the basics, ratios and how to read charts
    • Reading charts is the last thing I learned. But is extremely important to be able to read based on volumes, price and as a predicator
  • Finance.yahoo.com
    • Wealth of information to look up any symbol. More info than google and other sites.
  • Etrade or ameritrade
    • Have plenty of tools and information to teach you. All data in real time.

You need to learn all the aspects of stocks so you're able to pick what stocks to buy. Learn how to read charts, the basics, technicals, fundamentals, key ratios, etc..

Basic things I look for when looking at a stock,

• Value
    • Under or overvalued?
    • Learn some ratios to determine this
    • Basic one is – What is it trading at compared to next years earnings?
    • Stock price / next years earnings
  • Earnings
    • Research the EPS and trends
    • How well and often does the company meet, exceed or fall short of earnings
  • Fundamentals
    • Need to learn all the lingo. MRQ, TTM, PE, EBIDTA, Price/Book, etc..
    • Again your looking for, valuation, performance, profitability, operating ratios
  • Growth
    • Extremely important. Have to invest in companies with growth potential
    • Current year, next year, 5 years. Analysts do all this work for you
    • Company has to have a clear path for growth
    • Basic way to figure growth rate is. Growth Rate = Future year EPS - current year EPS/current year EPS

Most importantly. Learn patience. Learn ability to not sell, when to sell, over analyze, checking your progress too much. It will kill you. Almost buy it and forget about it.

Need any help or questions just ask.

You're about 5 years too late for stocks. Wait until after the next crash. If there is anything left you can buy them then. Shouldn't be longer than another year or two. If the money is burning a hole in your pocket, buy Chinese currency or metals. Or give it to Dave K.

Can you tell me more about Chinese currency and metals?

Can you tell me more about Chinese currency and metals?

When this charade crashes again everyone will run to gold and silver like they did last time. Prices of gold and silver have been already been suppressed by banks naked short selling paper gold and silver. If there is a mad rush to those metals then there will probably be banks that need to be bailed out again to cover their shorts. But anyway, you won't be able to get your hands on physical gold and silver at that time.

Chinese currency is a longer term play, because they are stockpiling gold, and while the dollar turns into toilet paper, their plan is to be ready to become the world's reserve currency.

When this charade crashes again everyone will run to gold and silver like they did last time. Prices of gold and silver have been already been suppressed by banks naked short selling paper gold and silver. If there is a mad rush to those metals then there will probably be banks that need to be bailed out again to cover their shorts. But anyway, you won't be able to get your hands on physical gold and silver at that time.

Chinese currency is a longer term play, because they are stockpiling gold, and while the dollar turns into toilet paper, their plan is to be ready to become the world's reserve currency.
I am severely lacking on my knowledge of international markets, futures and forex.

OP - Here is a stock for you. <a href="http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=akrx&ql=1">AKRX</a>

My cost basis on them is $12/share. They're trading at 25x next years earnings. 51% growth rate this year, 54% next 5 years. Earnings and all their ratios are solid.

Here is a chart on them. A couple things to illustrate how to read them

• Notice the blue arrows I placed
    • See how they correlate to the stock price?
    • See on around late Mar-Apr 7
  • The bottom arrows are around 20, and top row (RSI) is at 30.
  • The dotted line on the 2nd from the bottom, shows the volume. See how much selling is going on? (illustrated by under zero)
  • Then in May, look at the run up in the stock price (illustrated by the multiple blue lines). Thats a 35% increase! (stock price from late Mar $22 -> $30)

34zasna.png

If you can spot these in a stock before they happen, there is money to be made. The illustrations I made show the correlation, and the classic buy (and sell) signals

When you find a stock. Watch it for months. You will learn and know everything about it. You will be an expert.

I am a big fan of dividend stocks, and large caps. I am cleaning up with Apple, Ford, GM, BP, as they all play 2-4% dividends and have grown in price. The key is to always by, in the down, up, neutral market.

Also don't get greedy! If you hit a winner and make 20-30% put in a sell stop order to protect your profits.

You don't have to buy every time the market crashes there's plenty of stocks to cash in on. Imagine when Netflix first came out.

If you want solid dividends invest in utilities. Always do your homework.

Keep an eye on natural gas companies And companies involved in marijuana grow technology. Not sure where the government is going to go with either though.

I invested in monster a few years ago and they've been growing ever since. The only reason I did is because I saw a bunch of people with monster gear popping up.

It depends on what kind of buyer you are too. If you're a buy and hold guy. Or if you're buying and selling all the time.

I absolutely love Optimus' optimism!

I've always been exceedingly interested in stocks. I developed a stock charting application about 2 years ago for a client and while doing so the process made me want to do so much more.

I'd like to apply more advanced mathematics to the idea of projecting a stock, but in real time using simulation models. From those models, I'd like to develop an algorithmic trading platform similar to the proprietary ones used by the largest trading firms. An automated day trading system that made profit from both volatility and projected (small) changes in valuation (can't get more into how this is calculated).

The problems are these, and if anybody knows the answer that'd be fantastic:

1) Where to get the best realtime data feed. This data needs to be comprehensive, and somewhat inexpensive.

2) I know very large trading institutions do very high-frequency trading. Looking at the math, to minimize risk, that's exactly what my analysis shows to be the best option. However, I've been seeing Congress talk about cracking down on high-frequency trading. Also, what is available for someone moving only $100k or less that does not have prohibitive fees? If you're making hundreds of small trades within a single day, most of these trading companies would eat the average person alive would they not?

3) Going back to number 2, whatever trading company would allow high-frequency trading (without prohibitively expensive fees) would also have to provide a trading API for automation (this would of course be computerized).

Again, I'm not a trader and never have been. But some of you guys seem to have a firm grasp on this so maybe you folks can point me in the right direction before I would start coding.

Anyone know some good, rather cheap stocks, with a chance to grow greatly in value? Looking to get into the stock market, thanks.

What do you mean by cheap?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."