1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Sullinger vows to return next year

Discussion in 'OSU Basketball' started by layneroxxx, Mar 26, 2011.

1. layneroxxx

layneroxxx Rockstar Status

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=AiqARV0VS1A_tGHlZEpJj4c5nYcB?slug=rivals-1204651

2. BlueSeats626

BlueSeats626 Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox

I like it but Mike Conley said the same thing. Let's see what he does when millions of guaranteed dollars are staring him in the face.

Craft, Scott, Buford, Thomas, Sully is still a pretty good. Need another big guy though.

Michigan and Purdue are going to be the favorites in the B10 though.

Still heartbroken over last night, this team was special. Every year it seems like Matta chokes in big games.

3. ZooCrewDude

ZooCrewDude In the Rotation

Lighty and Diebler were the engines that made this team go. They'll be sorely missed next season. Anyone know anything about tOSU's recruiting class?

4. ohiorulez

ohiorulez Situational Stopper

yea its pretty good class next year...

http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&yr=2011

2# C -- Amir Williams -- 6-9/210 http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=3613219
    7# PG -- Shannon Scott -- 6-1/180 http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=3908339
    15# SF -- Sam Thompson -- 6-6/180 http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=3743239
    16# SF -- LaQuinton Ross -- 6-7/185 http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=3226343
    15# C -- Trey McDonald -- 6-9/230 http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=4459443

5. The Voice

The Voice Best in the World

I disagree, I think this is the first year that OSU had a chance since Oden/Conely.

6. BlueSeats626

BlueSeats626 Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox

They were a 2-seed last year and had an easy road to the final four after Kansas lost to Northern Iowa.

Lost to a worse Tennessee team.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DJTJ

DJTJ 3 ball... got it!

Williams is going to be a stud next to Sullinger.

8. DougHeil

DougHeil The LeFraud Interaction

Huh? I thought Williams was 6'10" or 6'11"? The other center is also 6'9"? geez; so we have a couple more undersized centers coming in. Not good. Putting it this way, if Sully doesn't come back we are lucky to be middle of the pack in the big ten next year. I thought the new centers were taller than this.

I'm not counting on either Buford or Sullinger to be back until May 8th comes and goes. These kids ALWAYS say they will be back right after the loss. Would they actually answer the question "will you be back" by saying "nope, I'm NBA bound" immediately after a loss?

9. Chris

Chris Welcome to the Future

I thought Williams was 6'10. I wouldn't flip out about the difference between 6'9 and 6'10....I've seen him listed at 6'10.

And no, they wouldnt say that, but they might go, "Oh, I dont know, I'm going to have some thinking to do..." or some ambiguous crap.

10. DJTJ

DJTJ 3 ball... got it!

He is 6'10. First time I've ever seen him listed as otherwise. Thompson on fast breaks will be insane.

11. Noonan

Noonan #howu

If OSU has Sullinger back next year they're going to have everyone on the roster from two consecutive top three recruiting classes. They won't be middle of the pack in the Big 10 next year. They'll be top five in the country with a chance to be even better than this year's team.

• Like Like x 1
  12. theSTEREO.

theSTEREO. The second of his name.

Well, if true, this kinda screws the Cavs.

Not saying they're planning to take Sullinger, but that just pulls one more guy out the queue, making one less player available by the time our Clippers pick rolls around.

13. CBBI

CBBI Super Chill Mode

Let's wait and see.

14. DougHeil

DougHeil The LeFraud Interaction

Conley certainly sounded like Sully does now. I think Conley has stated since then that he wishes he would have stayed another year. He knows now that he could have used the extra year. Maybe Sully will consult with some of these current players as well? Of course, if the money isn't as important to him as it is to others, then he may be back. I think money rules most one year college kids if it's thrown at them.

15. CBBI

CBBI Super Chill Mode

The one major difference to me is that Sullinger has pretty much known since his senior year of high school that he would be a high lotto (top 7) pick whenever he decided to declare. If he continues to improve his body, loses some more weight without losing his strength, and continues to develop his midrange jumper, its not out of the question that he could go higher in 2012 than he would go in 2011.

Conley certainly never expected to go 4th overall a year after he first stepped foot onto OSU campus. I don't think his stock was ever going to be any higher coming off his performances in the 07 tournament. The money was there and he took it and ran. Hard for me to blame him for that.

16. KCOTT

KCOTT OSU Alum

I'd believe Sully over Conley if that means anything. Will be great to see Sully and Williams together down low. Although I'd honestly rather just see Sullinger declare for the draft to help make the draft more deep and favorable for the Cavs.

17. 3 Da Hard Way

3 Da Hard Way Columbus Goat

1 more year for Sully

then hopefully Matta lands the next PF coming out of Columbus

[video=youtube;b6K_KYQYq8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6K_KYQYq8M[/video]

18. Soda

Soda Bania'd

Sully's dad said something like, "you can etch it into stone, Jared will be at OSU next year."

19. Rist77

Rist77 In the Rotation

Shannon Scott>Marquis Teague

20. bushwick_bill

bushwick_bill Sixth Man

His twitter feed sounds like he is staying a few days after the game... And after what his father said, I believe it...