• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Summer League Game 3 - Cavs vs. Sixers - Monday, July 14, 2014, 8:00pm ET

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wuck

Hustling on the inside
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

vegas-strip-downtown.jpg

fh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.gif

VS.
sixers_logo.jpg

Monday, July 14, 2014
Time: 8:00 PM ET
TV: NBA TV
Games are also streamed through NBA League Pass (http://www.nba.com/summerleaguelive/)

Will Cherry and other guys

140711-cle-mil-4.jpg

_MG_2713.jpg

If AB doesn't put that butt to work against Noel imma be sad.

He needs to get down and bang a little. You don't have a body like that to shoot jumpers all day. Get in that post and abuse his skinny ass

With Blatt coaching and delly, bennett and big wig leading the way no reason they can't sweep this d-league. is noel hurt again already? havnt seen him play in vegas yet?

He needs to get down and bang a little. You don't have a body like that to shoot jumpers all day. Get in that post and abuse his skinny ass

I don't think the game plan should be to attack the opposing team's best defender. :chuckles:

Even if he backs Noel under the basket Nerlens with his quicks and hops can recover and swat the basketball to mid court.

I'm excited to watch my first glimpse of Nerlens Noel at the professional level. Haven't seen any of his other summer league games.

I'll admit that I have really been getting into these summer league games. Found myself yelling every time Bennett grabbed a rebound yesterday. Feels good to have hope and watch these young guys develop. Hopefully the winning ways continue!

I'm excited to watch my first glimpse of Nerlens Noel at the professional level. Haven't seen any of his other summer league games.

Noel has played in all 3 of the 76er's games so far this summer league

He's at 13pts, 7rbs and 3blks so far...

Noel has played in all 3 of the 76er's games so far this summer league

He's at 13pts, 7rbs and 3blks so far...

I believe Noel has played 3 out of 5 games for the Sixers so far this summer, but he's healthy and has stated he'll play tonight.

I believe Noel has played 3 out of 5 games for the Sixers so far this summer, but he's healthy and has stated he'll play tonight.

The 76'ers have played 5 games since the LV summer league started on Friday the 11th? Did they have a team in Orlando too?

So excited for these games. Will Cherry's confidence is sky high. Always hoping for a major dominating break out game from Wiggins. Hoping Bennett keeps it up and gets another double double. I hope Wiggins or Bennett catch Noel sleepin tonight.

Bennett better get his big ass in the post a few times, and take people off the dribble a few times. That is all I ask.

If Noel is on Bennett, he shouldn't try posting him up... Bennett's post game is no where near advanced enough to post up Noel. Noel has excellent shot blocking instincts and he's way too long. Bennett has lost weight and Noel has put on weight. They're a lot closer in weight than they were a year ago. Bennett would still probably have better leverage because of his lower center of gravity, but I still don't think he has the post game to just bully Noel.

TL;DR

I think we're going to see a lot more of Bennett shooting.

Watching the Cavaliers in Vegas, I can see how the second unit could become a weapon for the Cavs in the regular season. If the Love trade never materializes, I'll be fine with Waiters playing in Cherry' s role, Delly quarterbacking the young guys with his hard nosed floor game, Felix and Wiggins creating perimeter pressure and flying around in transition.

I watched Noel in Orlando. He is playing a high post offensively and s out of the paint, flies in to get offensive rebound a if his man forgets to box out. Defensively he avoids contact but adjusts a lot of shots. I will be interested to see if the Cavs get the ball to Noel's man in the midrange while he is looking to get a help defense block.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."