• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Summer League Prospects

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walter White

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This is a thread for anyone who is watching the summer league games, and maybe you see a potential diamond in the rough. Maybe someone who the Cavs should give a look at signing.

As of right now, an obvious one is Cherry from our SL roster. He looks like a good prospect. Potentially a Nate Robinson type player for an NBA team. I don't think he would make our roster since we have a bigger need for bigs, but he is someone to keep an eye on.

I watched the 4th quarter of this Phx-Mil game, and I really like what I see from Alec Brown. He is 7-1 and looks like a potential stretch 4 or 5. I saw him stroke a three that was very pure, good looking form. He obviously has great length. And I think he has some smarts because I saw him find his man and box out well a couple times. I think he would be a better option than Powell anyway, but I still want to give Powell a chance first.

I think finding a good big is something to look for our team. Maybe Cooley or Kirk could make it from our roster, but keep your eyes open. And on all the teams around the league.

I saw him play during the Summer League and he just didn't look the part IMO. He was big but he lost positions against (obviously) smaller players. On one posession, they fed him on the low-block he tried to back down his defender and promptly lost the ball while gaining no ground, he's also painfully slow moving around the court.

BsHfEPrCEAAeVkW.jpg

Boogie Cousins looks like a guard standing next to him. :chuckles:

From Cavs.Com:

Maybe the most impressive player at Summer League was Sim Bhullar, the rookie from New Mexico State who played for Sacramento’s squad. His numbers weren’t anything special – he averaged 0.5 points and 0.5 rebounds in four contests. What’s impressive is his mammoth size – he’s 7-5 and weighs 360 pounds. (Bhullar’s younger brother stands 7-3.)

Cavaliers assistant coach and former NBA big man, Vitaly Potapenko joked that he didn’t even want to stand next to him. Vitaly stands 6-10 and weighs approximately 280 pounds.

From Cavs.Com:

Maybe the most impressive player at Summer League was Sim Bhullar, the rookie from New Mexico State who played for Sacramento’s squad. His numbers weren’t anything special – he averaged 0.5 points and 0.5 rebounds in four contests. What’s impressive is his mammoth size – he’s 7-5 and weighs 360 pounds. (Bhullar’s younger brother stands 7-3.)

Cavaliers assistant coach and former NBA big man, Vitaly Potapenko joked that he didn’t even want to stand next to him. Vitaly stands 6-10 and weighs approximately 280 pounds.

GIF-When-the-old-lady-in-my-yoga-class-can-do-a-hand-stand.gif

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."