• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tablets

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shakalu M.D.

Its Happening!!!!
Reaction score
So I have an first gen iPad that's on its last legs. I need a new tablet and I'm torn on what to get.

I'm familiar with the iPad layout and how it works, I could transfer all my apps over no problem and it's cheaper. I'm looking at an Air.

I'm also interested in the Surface. I like the versatility it brings to the table and it could truly be a laptop replacement. Also way more money.

What do you guys think I should go with? Any other suggestions I should look in to?

@gourimoko @Jack Brickman

Surface is only good if you're going to go all out and grab a Pro.. Otherwise get either an ipad or an android tablet.

Had I ever had any interest in the Surface, I'd have actively avoided getting one based on that stupid fucking commercial with that dopey sounding guy singing the Winter Wonderland song.

I can't think of any other ad that's made me want to avoid a product as much as that one.

I'd offer an opinion but I don't own a tablet so I can't help much.

The surface pro is fantastic. I wouldn't call it a laptop replacement but if you've got a need for mobility and you will actually use the power it has then go for it. To me the pro is between the ipad and entry level mbp so considering I have both of those I just don't have a need for one.

That's the only thing. I'm really attracted to the power it has, but I'm not sure I really need it for my tablet. I have a Macbook Pro and iMac, so I can use those for the programs I need power with.

Also I don't relish getting acclimated to Windows 8.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."