• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Thank You Ohio State – From Penn State

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Stallone

You guessed it...
Reaction score
Well guys – I just want to say thank you. Thank you for making todays game an experience that I won’t forget. This has nothing to do with the win. This game was meaningless towards Penn State – don’t get me wrong, I wanted it, but the biggest thing I wanted…I got.

Growing up a Buckeye fan, I really detest when people at Penn State trash Ohio State fans. Sure Ohio State has some jackass fans, but last I checked Ohio State is a HUGE fan base. A few bad people don’t represent a HUGE fan base/University.

Which brings me to my point that Ohio State fans this weekend clearly realized something. A few bad men at Penn State don’t represent or define an entire University.

Last week sucked. There was a reason I didn’t post on here and spit back and forth with everyone. I didn’t riot with those fucking shit heads. I didn’t sit on Joe Paterno’s lawn. I stood at the stadium, supported the players and most importantly tried to steer the focus on the victims. It was the only thing that made sense. The media swarmed the group of us outside the stadium all week, and my friends and I had to take charge and try and show the world the positive side of Penn State.

I love Joe Paterno don’t get me wrong. But I wasn’t going to riot for him or anything else stupid, because even he admitted he could have done more. That hurt me more than anything. Seeing a hero fall down as far as he did. I don’t take away how great of a man he is, but it really makes you step back and put things into perspective.

Whether it was Candian TV, CNN, local stations or even TMZ, my friends and I appeared on a lot of media outlets trying to tell people that the riots don’t shape us, the crimes don’t shape us and we are doing all we can to raise child abuse awareness. We still are, too. Together with the Heat Evans Foundation that fights childhood sex abuse, we are taking this issue by the horns. It sucks that something so tragic as this had to happen for us to come together and fight it, but when the opportunity presents itself you must take advantage of it. If not, you are just as much a failure to humanity as those that did wrong.

Even with the positive energy and message we brought to the media, and despite are efforts to stand up to the riots and the crimes, we still received hate. Never thought as a college student I would receive death threats and hate mail. Being called a supporter of child molestation because I am fighting child abuse, riots and supporting our players is pretty tough to take. It isn’t as nearly as bad as what the victims went through, but I am not going to beat around the bush: it sucks.

That is what you must do though – fight through it and preach what we can to turn this into a positive. While some didn’t, and continue to not, recognize that, others did. Others saw and knew we were not all bad people. Others saw that only 15% tops of the student body rioted.

Ohio State was a big part in that. We received nothing but positive welcomes and praise all week. Some people got a little rough, but college football isn’t college football with some rough fans. The students were great. The alumni were great. The staff was great. THAT is what I wanted out of this trip. To have my friends go, “wow, those were some great people.” I still have a soft spot for Ohio State – I went through too much as a fan to not have one. So today was a great thing to see.

What happened at Penn State was a tragedy. I am only talking about the victims. The way it was handled by some was disgusting. Joe leaving was emotional, and people need to understand how hard that was for people. Especially now that he has cancer. With all that said, though, the true Penn State shows in support for what is RIGHT, and a fight against what is WRONG.

Ohio State was right there with us today. It is an honor to be in the same conference as Ohio State, and share the same field/stadium every year. So thank you to all of you, whether you were there or not. If you don’t like this, then fine. But I enjoy this board too much to not say something.

“True to friend and frank to foe, as sturdy sons of O-hi-o.” - so very true.

P.S. – on a lighter note, Brett Bilema sucks. Saying that, “it is a great day to be a Badger,” in reference to Miami, Ohio State and Penn State just shows how big of a shit head he is. I also fully expect to get treated poorly next week.

I hate penn state fans and most of the people that go there. Tailgating is the best tho

I hate penn state fans and most of the people that go there. Tailgating is the best tho

Fair enough - I can see you're a N/W PA native, so I assume it is long standing hate.

EDIT: or live/lived there

EDIT 2: People can hate PSU, I am not asking to love us - just saying thanks for the respect.

jerrysandusky.jpg

Last edited:
Your school should be bulldozed to the ground.

Why, because of football? Because if it is anything outside of football, then you're just stupid. If it is football (fans etc.), then you've greatly missed the point that football isn't everything. It shouldnt be. That is why programs take falls - because people put football before everything.

Would you post this if you lost?

I'm guessing no.

Glad you enjoyed it. Meaningless game for Ohio State in a meaningless season, but I still wish we had killed Penn State.

This will be the last time Penn State beats OSU in a LONG time. Enjoy it now.

I'm guessing no.

Glad you enjoyed it. Meaningless game for Ohio State in a meaningless season, but I still wish we had killed Penn State.

Would you guys all be giving him shitty responses had you won? I'm guessing no as well.

Dude comes in and posts something nice about your fan base and you all just throw it right back in his face. Why? I know you're having a rough season and that you're about to lose to Michigan for the 1st time in forever, but is it that hard to just tip your hat back to the guy?

REALLY thought he would come to Penn State. He was on campus a bunch, meeting with people etc. Those people are fired. The school needs to back away from a big name. He is going to Ohio State - if he doesn't, he is an idiot. Whatever team he touches will turn to gold.

I'm guessing no.

I would have. I hesitated to post it after the win more because I figured people would have responses not listening to me. Like I said, this has nothing to do with a win or a loss. This game meant less to PSU than it did to OSU. This had NO affect on the season. I just think everything about OSU was class yesterday. I FULLY expected everyone to be, but still wanted to say thanks.

Just carry on if you don't like it.

Good luck against Michigan - I really fucking hate them.

Busting his balls is one thing, but no need to be a stupid, bitter cunt about it. Said some nice things about your school...dummies.

Would you guys all be giving him shitty responses had you won? I'm guessing no as well.

Dude comes in and posts something nice about your fan base and you all just throw it right back in his face. Why? I know you're having a rough season and that you're about to lose to Michigan for the 1st time in forever, but is it that hard to just tip your hat back to the guy?

I'm not a fan of either team.

It bothers me that this school is making money off a scandal ridden football program in which everyone from the coaches to the President of the Penn State had their hand in. This isn't about students, fans, or most of the faculty. This is about shutting down the program for the rest of the season out of respect for what happened and the investigations that are currently ongoing.

By playing football you are giving fans such as BrownsBoy the "high" of overcoming a situation that hasn't fully been compromised yet. In other words, they need to wait until everything comes out. There are new victims, new cover ups and new information in general coming out everyday. This isn't the time to move on.

Like I said, it's not the players fault, it's not the students fault but at the same time your officials are responsible for their actions and that will have an unfortunate effect on everyone who attends the school.

Christ the school was taking money from Sandusky to hold his overnight camps there AFTER he had already been accused of sexual acts with minors. Penn State should suspend their football program for at least the remainder of the season until everything is sorted out because we're a long way from that point. If the school is truly all about the victims then start acting like it. That might mean not stamping PSU paw prints on the sides of your vigil candles...

I could have said a lot worse. I don't have a ton of respect for Penn State or their fans right now, but instead of voicing that, I simply stated something that is very likely the truth. I don't need him to tell me how great Buckeye Nation is and how great our school is and the like. It's not about me trying to be a douche- far from it. I'm happy that someone from another school is able to see that and praise us.

But posting it after a hard fought win for his team and loss for ours is the epitome of tacky shit and a lot easier to do after a win.

I would have. I hesitated to post it after the win more because I figured people would have responses not listening to me. Like I said, this has nothing to do with a win or a loss. This game meant less to PSU than it did to OSU. This had NO affect on the season. I just think everything about OSU was class yesterday. I FULLY expected everyone to be, but still wanted to say thanks.

Just carry on if you don't like it.

Good luck against Michigan - I really fucking hate them.

Maybe you would have, we'll never know.

Confusing that you quote this:

“True to friend and frank to foe, as sturdy sons of O-hi-o.” - so very true.

And yet you are surprised by my response and some of the other ones in here. Very confusing.

Just something to munch on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."