• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The " 3 and D wing options " thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Captain S

Employee of the World Government
Reaction score
Who do we want that we can realistically get?

I like Corey brewer for his chemistry with Love and his ability to defend and hit threes.

Who else would you guys be interested in?

Corey Brewer is not a 3 & D. He is a D that can't shoot a lick. No thank you.

3 & D players can shoot threes well. Brewer can shoot threes..he just shoots them terribly.

Sticking with the Timberwolves, there is chatter they are making Chase Budinger available. Owed 5 million this year and has a 5 million player option next year, which I assume he picks up. Our trade exception happens to be worth 5.3 million, so he fits right into it. Has been average to above average on the perimeter defensively since he's come into the league and is a career 36% shooter from 3. Also is still only 26, though health is a bit of a concern for him already.

Why do we need one? Our team has more pressing needs at the moment.

Not only that, but where would this person play? Does he start at the 2? We already have Dion, LeBron, Shawn Marion, Mike Miller, James Jones, Joe Harris and (likely) Ray Allen for the wing positions.

This thread is unnecessary. We have Lebron, Kyrie, Dion, Matrix, Miller, James Jones and Joe Harris all capable of playing a wing position.

I know I said if we had a good 3 and D guy Dion would be perfect for 6th man, but that doesn't mean Dion creates a hole as starting sg with Miller, James Jones and Joe Harris backing him up.

Corey Brewer is not a 3 & D. He is a D that can't shoot a lick. No thank you.

I see us picking him up though, either with the TPE this year or as a free agent next summer. He'll be a good long-term replacement for what Marion gives us.

Dion, Haywood, and a 2nd for Andre Iguodola.
Memphis pick for John Henson.

Kyrie/Delly
Iggy/Miller/Harris
LBJ/Marion/
Love/TT
Andy/Henson/Kirk

I am keeping an eye on the one year deal KJ McDaniels forced upon Philly, who wanted to lock him up for Arenas rights. He clearly is treating this year as a one and done.

Will he be restricted? Cause that might be the best idea thrown around in here if he is a UFA.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."