1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

The Alan Cox Show on WMMS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jonmchugh, Jan 16, 2010.

1. jonmchugh

jonmchugh In the Rotation

Do any of you listen to this guys show on the Buzzard now that the Maxwell show is gone? He is pretty funny. I think he is better than that Charlie and Dumb Experiment from Rover's morning glory.

Thoughts? Do you like his show better than the Maxwell show? Do you miss the Maxwell show? I myself think that the Maxwell show was hilarious and always listened to the show when it was on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTo_ii0Fgzk

Jon

2. Born 'N' Raised

Born 'N' Raised In the Rotation

I couldn't stand Maxwell. He couldn't go 5 minutes without whining about some ridiculous little thing. Dude was a mental, whiny bitch...

I've only heard a few minutes of Cox, but in those few minutes I could tell he was a thousand times better than Maxwell. Of course, I think I would be more willing to watch The View than listen to Maxwell.

3. RuanuLaw

RuanuLaw The Dark Knight

The Alan Cox show is 100% better than that shitty hag called Maxwell.

4. DDJ7777

DDJ7777 Cleveland Sports Homer

Maxwell was the best. I loved his shtick.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Le23Bron

Le23Bron Rookie

I only listen to 850, Rover and Sirius radio when I'm in the car. Everytime I would be in the car with my friend he would have Maxwell on and I thought he was awful. The Charlie and Dumb show is bad too.

6. Kypus

Kypus Dead Donkeys FTW

I'm disappointed Maxwell is gone. Sure he could be whiny, but at least he admitted it when he was and gave reasons for much of what he said. It was his content more than anything that made me an occasional listener.

An entire show on ear wax, Q-tips, and care of the middle and inner ear? Who else would make something like that interesting? Not to mention all the weird sexual stuff. Lots of solid content. I did feel sorry for him with all the voluntary self-destructive stuff he had been into, but he seems like he somewhat matured in the course of the show.

I've only heard Alan Cox twice so far, one was the breast-feeding episode. I don't think he's going to be nearly as funny, he sounds like he'll try too hard. Need more time to evaluate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quitness

Quitness Towel Waver

Not nearly as good as Maxwell's show but he's bearable. Who knows, it will probably get better as time rolls on but I still hope Mawell gets picked up on another station. Hopefully somewhere doing mornings because I hate Rover's show. Such a Howard Stern wannabe.

8. DDJ7777

DDJ7777 Cleveland Sports Homer

Yeah, Rover is worshiped as some God, but the whole show is like WWE to me. Just for shock value and 99% of it is just as real as pleather.

9. MYoung23

MYoung23 12 Reasons to Post

<embed src='http://media.noob.us/flashplayer.swf' height='440' width='530' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' flashvars='level=0&skin=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.noob.us%2Fmodieus.swf&autostart=false&dock=false&bandwidth=2817&file=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.noob.us%2Fdingobaby.flv&viral.onpause=false&viral.email_footer=Brought%20to%20you%20by%20www.noob.us&plugins=viral-2'/>

10. ssopata

ssopata Sixth Man

'MMS really just needs to go back to playing music. Alan Cox is nothing to write home about and Maxwell was just plain unlistenable.