1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

The Andre Drummond Thread

Discussion in 'Around The NBA' started by RchfldCavRaised, Oct 10, 2012.

1. RchfldCavRaised

RchfldCavRaised Season of Dreams

The potential is there for Andre Drummond to be great. Already an impact big man on D.

Plays smarter than 19 already. Very measured in the way he challenges shots and attacks the offensive board pretty well.

Should have been the 2nd pick in the draft, even with the game being perimeter oriented now.

2. RchfldCavRaised

RchfldCavRaised Season of Dreams

Re: The Jonas V thread

WOW!!! ANDRE DRUMMOND WILL BE GOOD QUICKER THAN EXPECTED!

3. ClevelandOwnz

ClevelandOwnz Sixth Man

Now Andre Drummond looks damn good

4. ClevelandOwnz

ClevelandOwnz Sixth Man

Wow. We missed on a good one. Andre looks special.

5. Mdog1

Mdog1 NBA Starter

Yes yes he does. Looks like he could impact the game immediately. It's only preseason though guys back away from the edge.

6. mAo_mAo

mAo_mAo NBA Starter

I really wanted a Kyrie, Kawhi Leonard, Drummond Core. :((

7. kookoo

kookoo A year later

Drummond and Greg Monroe look like they're going to be a scary combo in a few years.

8. Numbers Guy

Numbers Guy 1234567890

Ugh.. they just have to be in our division, too.

9. mAo_mAo

mAo_mAo NBA Starter

Those two could be the reincarnation of the Wallace Brothers. Eerily similar skill sets.

10. Spencer Hawes

Spencer Hawes Blue

I can't hold out any longer. I know it's only pre-season but eat your hear outs Mudaphutters!

11. Daniel89

Daniel89 In the Rotation

Drummond and TT propably would have been an amazing defensive frontcourt... Offensively though, a bad fit
    But whatever, SG/SF was our biggest need...

12. Birdy89

Birdy89 Sixth Man

When you have a chance to draft a 19 year old center that is already that physically imposing it trumps need when there isn't a clear cut world beater at your position of need available.

About 4 years from now Chris Grant is going to be looking at his spread sheets and advanced metrics wondering what went wrong as far as passing on this kid because his paperwork told him it was a non fit. 19 YO 6'11 270 pound centers with crazy athleticism are a fit for every team regardless of what the computer tells you.

There will be some ups and downs his rookie year, but you can just tell this kid is going to be a monster to have to deal with in a few years.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Triumph36

Triumph36 All-Star

the cavs should obv be drafting based on need given how devoid of very good young talent they were/are

14. Daniel89

Daniel89 In the Rotation

For Byron's offense to work, yeah we drafted on need... we desperately needed another ballhandler/shot creater who can also initiate our offense

Drummond is still an offensively raw big guy who propably wouldnt have improved our offense as a whole much (Though Drummond has a soft touch and may be able to develop a consistent jump shot, showed flashes of it in summer league)

Time will tell if we made a mistake not taking Drummond, lets see how he fares against a real Nba Center, obviously everyone can have a good game against Drew Gooden and Larry Sanders defending...

But I was also shocked to see him fall to 9th on draft night, I also see huge potential in him (especially considering defense)

15. pinoycavsfan

pinoycavsfan Situational Stopper

not a fan of the waiters pick as well. i was clamoring for drummond before the draft day, how can you pass up a center with an NBA body and an amazing athlete?

i think drafting based on need is done in the 2nd round of the draft. the cavs needs to have talent in every position except PG. take a gamble on an athletic big rather than an undersized sg who cant even shoot.

16. Jon

Jon ~

There is no paperwork and advanced metrics that will tell you what these kids are going to become - and you don't need an advanced math degree to understand the few things that do tend to convey from college to the pros.

So let's not excuse this ... it's Chris Grant's job to consider everything at his disposal and make the right choices. This choice was based on scouting, evaluation, and whom our experts thought would benefit the team the most.

I don't know why they didn't like Drummond, although we know the standard excuses (seems to lack will, terrible free throw shooter, raw skill-wise). Maybe Byron was too influential in the decision? Or maybe adding players the coach wants to work with will be paramount to our success.

Or perhaps they just made a colossal mistake because the draft didn't go as we anticipated? We'll have to see.

17. jay_em

jay_em i'm THAT dude

Problem is ball handling, shot creating wings are a dime a dozen. Bigs with Drummond height and athleticism are rare commodities.

And talk about best young cores...Detroit has some nice pieces in Knight, Monroe, Drummond.

18. Spencer Hawes

Spencer Hawes Blue

Another friggin impressive performance by Drummond.

In 17 mins of play, 4-7 from the field scoring 9 points, 4 blocks and 3 rebounds. All I can say is FUCK.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mAo_mAo

mAo_mAo NBA Starter

Chris Grant will be remembered for the fool who passed up on Barnes, Rivers, Drummond, and Robinson for freaking Dion Waiters. Watching Drummond is drooling. He is the most fluid big man I've seen since Dwight. It also fascinates me that this kid is only 19 years old and already has that freak body.

It frustrates me to think that Drummond and Kyrie could be the next biggest superstars in the East. We could trade Varejao or grabbed someone in free agency for a scorer and not waste a 4th pick with an undersized shooting guard.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  20. ChicagoCavFan

ChicagoCavFan Moderator

Have to admit....I thought our pick would be Drummond when Beal and MKG went before us. Either him or Robinson.

Staying positive on Dion, but I think Drummond will prove to be the 2nd best player from this draft.

• Like Like x 2