• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Boxing Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

kosis

Creeping like Sharia
Reaction score
There have been multiple threads on specific fights, but thought it would make sense to make this the default one...

So Gennady Golovkin is finally getting a big fight in October. For any fight fans that don't yet know GGG, he's been dominating the middleweight division for years now, destroying anyone that agrees to fight him. He's 33-0 with 30 KOs. 20 consecutive KOs going into the October fight against David Lemieux. Also has a crazy chin, having never been knocked down in over 300 fights going back to his amateur days. His biggest test is coming up though because Lemieux hits extremely hard himself... check out his latest fight against Hassan N'Dam for proof.

Winner of Golovkin/Lemieux will have a mandatory fight against the winner of Cotto/Canelo, so the middleweight division is in good hands right now.

In other news, does anyone have the line on Mayweather vs. Berto yet? Has it reached billion to 1 odds yet?

I adore GGG, but he's shown himself to be hittable in his last few fights. It hasn't much mattered because his power is so good and his chin has been rock solid against the guys he's faced (not a ton of huge punchers).

I could absolutely see Lemieux tagging him repeatedly throughout the fight. That said, I think Lemieux might have even worse defense and less power.

It's awfully hard to go against GGG in a probable slugfest, so I'm picking Golovkin. But I'm seeing Lemieux at 7.5 to 1 odds in a lot of places and that feels like a pretty decent price given their styles.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."