• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Bull and The Fox

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Triple-S

Watch the IndyCar Series on NBC
Reaction score
Ugh.

I'm getting really tired of this show. It takes up about 6-7 hours of radio time, and it's just..not interesting.

Not to mention the fact that they kind of shit on Cavs fans earlier. "The Bull" kept going on about how the crowd/atmosphere was "disappointing" for game 1, that Indians opening day was better and all of these other things. He was in agreement with Dustin Fox about this, and discussing how four years a go it was "different"

....He was not on Cleveland radio or living within Cleveland Ohio FOUR YEARS AGO.

All he does is go on about how the Browns suck, and it's just tiring.

Sorry, just needed to vent a tad bit.

1st mistake, listening to Cleveland sports talk, period

eliminate this mistake and you'll be much happier

Yeah. I know.

I do like the Ken Carman show, but I think he's an anomaly. Something about him having drunken idiots call into the show makes it appealing, plus he's actually interesting.

Well....
Sometimes the truth hurts.

I haven't been an avid listener, but from the times I've listened on my drive home from work, I don't hate them. :dunno:

None of these radio guys are all that great, or they'd be national. That said, the Cavs fans last night seemed like they're all waiting for the finals or something. There were times where the crowd seemed less-than enthusiastic.

On the comparison to the Indians... 1) It wasn't all that nice out yesterday; 2) it was a Sunday afternoon (as opposed to Friday) and; 3) the Cavs are still ALWAYS sold out.

Mo Flo said the atmosphere was good but it wasn't the crazy Cleveland crowd, but it was still good.

With that said, The Bull is hot garbage for an radio host.

The only show id listen to is the talking heads. Baskin and Phelps run a decent show. All these radio guys just belittle fans anyways, they think they're bigger than the average joe. I like how the Fox talks about being in the NFL, dude didn't do shit but record a tackle, if that.

You guys better watch out, they both read this site often and will hurt their feels. The few times I did listen to them, someone would post a topic or information and they would start talking about it :chuckle:. They also shouted out Ben I believe the day Lebron returned.

I like how the Fox talks about being in the NFL, dude didn't do shit but record a tackle, if that.
How many tackles have you recorded?

Mo Flo said the atmosphere was good but it wasn't the crazy Cleveland crowd, but it was still good.

Yeah, it wasn't the crazy Cleveland playoff crowd we're used to experiencing, but we had our excitement deflated a few times by the refs (even then, the boos were quite loud) and it definitely wasn't a bad crowd or anywhere close. There was a definite buzz in the building the entire night.

As far as Bull & Fox go, they know very little about sports other than football. And even their football talk draws eye rolls from me at times.

That being said, I haven't listened to any Cleveland sports talk in a while and I don't even know if I'd turn it on if you offered to pay me.

You guys better watch out, they both read this site often and will hurt their feels. The few times I did listen to them, someone would post a topic or information and they would start talking about it :chuckle:. They also shouted out Ben I believe the day Lebron returned.

How many tackles have you recorded?
None. But im sure you're an easy tackle to record. :chuckle:

re: Playoffs.

I get this vibe that pretty much everyone seems a lot more "focused" on one thing versus pre-2010.

Remember how the entire talking point post-2007 was not so much "Cavs have to win", but more so "Cavs have to win so LeBron can stay". That 2nd part? It's gone, so there's not as much "stress" on our end as their had been.

e: It feels like the distractions that we once had are gone. Instead of worrying about a big market swooping in and taking our star? We're more worried about matching up against Chicago, The Raptors, Hawks in the east or who's playing the best in the West.

As far as Bull & Fox go, they know very little about sports other than football. And even their football talk draws eye rolls from me at times.

I actually am surprised by how little Fox contributes to any football discussion. His answers seem canned and cliche mostly. For someone who started at tOSU and played some pro ball, he doesn't provide any insight to defense and/or coverages. His opinion is easily swayed too. He'll make a statement and as soon as Bull challenges it, he comes back sheepishly and will back away from his statement. His radio personality is just as boring as his Twitter account, nothing but one word statements and forwarding what others say.

I wish someone would call into Bull and ask a basketball question that would be asked here just to hear him struggle to sound remotely intelligent.

Probably the worst choice for drive time. On par with Roda and Reghi

Kenny Roda is on 1480 and he's actually not bad all things considered. I just don't get him in so clearly because my AM signal doesn't come in all that strong.

I respect him, he seems to really work hard and he seems to do his homework. He also really, really seems to enjoy covering the Cavs the most so that's really an added bonus.

There was actually a good podcast up from WFNY which had Joe Lull on it and he was actually pretty candid about things. He said that it would be far better if Sports Talk had a better rotation and the shows themselves were quite a bit shorter thus making things a better listen on that station.

Which I agree with. Five hours of any talk show does not make good radio. Unless you're one of the greats or someone like Ken Carman who makes it interesting by having multiple people in his studio interact with him akin to Dan Patrick.

Ken Carmen is god and he should come over to my plac to watch wrestling sometime.

1st mistake, listening to Cleveland sports talk, period

eliminate this mistake and you'll be much happier
any sports talk*

virtually all of them are absolutely terrible - whether national, local in cleveland or local elsewhere. never understood people that regularly listen to sports talk, especially in this day and age.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."