1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

The Fire Pat Shurmur Thread

Discussion in 'Browns Talk' started by cdt, Nov 4, 2012.

1. cdt

cdt Oh My God! Staff Member

Yep, it's happening. His mismanagement of this game and so many others. Wasted time outs, horrible decision making, unmotivated football. It's time to just cut this guy loose and get him away from this goddamn football team. He is a detriment to the attempt at growth. The guy is just a walking disaster there's no more "well if he wins the next 8 games we could...". No done get him the hell out of here I don't want to look at his stupid face anymore.

I'm sick of our head coach being a complete obstacle to victory. I'm sick of him getting snippy with the media because they want to hold him accountable since Fat Mike has been Skyping once a month from Seattle. He's garbage get him the hell out I've had enough!

/Rant

24 people like this.
  2. DDJ7777

DDJ7777 Cleveland Sports Homer

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  3. Three6Pavia

Three6Pavia Most Known

I don't mind him driving the tank this year so much, we can't make the playoffs with the way he has butchered this team already. Let him keep battling and the guy we bring in next year is going to look like a genius by comparison.

4. Soar

Soar Hall-of-Famer

[​IMG]

Shurmur: Don't worry Mr. Haslam, I will win games.
    Haslam: Something smells... Did I fart? Who is this douche talking to me?

5. PIP

PIP Orange and Blue Staff Member

He's a good football man !

6. winner0274

winner0274 In the Rotation

Rofl, listening to Pat Shurmur in this post game interview he is acting so defensive. Dude doesn't want to take responsibility for being a horrible coach.

7. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 NBA Starter

I'm surprised it took 9 games for someone to post this thread

3 people like this.
  8. The Oi

The Oi Or Also Schtick

Comes from a great pedigree!

2 people like this.
  9. SauDogg

SauDogg Sixth Man

There is no argument not to fire the clown. It's impossible to give a single reason why he can be a decent head coach.

10. I-77 NORTH

I-77 NORTH FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY

Fire his ass.

11. Giambiwannabe7

Giambiwannabe7 Sixth Man

Most overdue thread in the history of sports message boards

1 person likes this.
  12. howler1313

howler1313 Preview Team

For the first time in years I feel like the Browns legitimately have enough talent to compete and win games, yet week after week we shoot ourselves in the foot with horrible playcalling and a horrible gameplan. Fire his ass NOW, keep Heckert.

2 people like this.
  13. caf

caf Banņed

Two consecutive offsides calls... and we need to call a time out because of the play clock. What a joke.

Six seconds and a time out to end the half, and we dont take a shot in the endzone. Embarassing.

A touchdown play called back because of an illegal formation. Pathetic.

3 people like this.
  14. Sly

Sly Hoping the next Leap, will be the Leap home.

I think they should let Cromwell be the HC and keep Chilly and Juron on playcalling.

2 people like this.
  15. Apathy

Apathy shalom

Shurmur has absolutely no business being around a football organization. Not head coach, not OC, not ball boy.

Aside from his absolutely atrocious play-calling/management/everything else, Shurmur cant even fucking function as a human being. Question for all Browns fans: Have you ever seen an emotion show itself on Shumur's face throughout his career in Cleveland? No? There you have it. The man doesn't know how to get angry, and there has been plenty to be pissed off about in regard to Cleveland football.

You know it's bad when a guy named Apathy is ragging on someone for a lack of emotion.

Fire Shurmur.

1 person likes this.
  16. 440

440 In the Rotation

New HC?

1 person likes this.
  17. Giambiwannabe7

Giambiwannabe7 Sixth Man

Question? Since 1999 is there a team in the NFL that has consistantly hired a worse group of HC's than the Cleveland fn Browns? Chris Palmer? Butch Davis? Romeo Crenell? Pat Shurmur. That group collectively, has to be, by far, thee single worst set of HC's in the NFL by a mile.

My God. I know we've also been fairly devoid of talent most of the time as well. But, that list is just an absolute abomination.

5 people like this.
  18. Shakalu M.D.

Shakalu M.D. Its Happening!!!!

Jesus he was awful, even worse than usual. End of the half, force the Ravens to punt. First play he runs the ball and takes 30 seconds off the clock. Which is fine if he decided he just wants to run the clock down and go into the half. The next play Weeden is in the shotgun and trying to move the ball. What the fuck was going through his head here? Worst part is they have a timeout and are within 10 yards of a TD. What happened? They ran out of time and kicked a FG. I bet he wished he had those 30 seconds back.

2 illegal formations, back to back false starts, burned his timeouts at the end way too early, went for it on 4th and 2 when the Ravens were already in field goal range (essentially ending the game), repeatedly calling passes on 3rd and 1, too many men on the field. This guy just is not an NFL head coach, he could be a decent QB coach but no higher than that. I don't think he has the ability to be a huge cog in the offense. Get him out of here, this team has talent but they don't have a leader.

1 person likes this.
  19. Sly

Sly Hoping the next Leap, will be the Leap home.

Missed Mangini.

20. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 NBA Starter

We all wish

1 person likes this.