• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Laughably Bad New York Knicks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jack Brickman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The Knicks, Lakers, and Celtics are all lottery bound. It's a celebration, bitches!

Sources: Strife Builds Within Knicks

The New York Knicks were en route to their fifth straight loss last week against Brooklyn when a frustrated Tim Hardaway Jr. screamed angrily, "Get the rebound!''

Certain his second-year teammate was speaking to him, Carmelo Anthony approached Hardaway on the way down the court and used an expletive to ask Hardaway who in the world he thought he was talking to.

Anthony, according to sources, then used another expletive in telling Hardaway he was going to beat him up when they got into the locker room after the game.
While the two players never wound up fighting, the episode was emblematic of the volatile state of the Knicks. Off to their worst start in franchise history at 4-19, the Knicks are a team full of discord, defiance and doubt, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

"Nobody's taken a swing at anybody, but there's a lot of arguing and cursing each other out after games,'' one source said.

In addition to the Knicks' lack of chemistry, sources say the players believe coach Derek Fisher's insistence on running the triangle offense is another key reason for New York's struggles.

Anthony could not be reached for comment Wednesday. The Knicks play at San Antonio on Wednesday night, and Anthony said after Tuesday's 104-93 loss at New Orleans -- New York's ninth straight defeat -- that he is considering giving his ailing right knee a rest.

Several Knicks, in addition to Hardaway, are at odds with Anthony and believe he's not playing team basketball. Sources said players voiced their displeasure with Anthony this past weekend, telling him he shoots too much, doesn't move or pass the ball, and only plays defense when he feels like it.

Sources said the most tension exists between Anthony and Hardaway as they haven't cared for one another almost since Hardaway joined the team last season, with each player believing the other shoots too much and doesn't care about defense. Sources said Hardaway was also bothered by the favorable treatment Anthony received under last year's coach, Mike Woodson.

Sources said one thing Anthony and his teammates do agree on is their disdain for the triangle offense. For weeks, if not longer, the players have been ready to ditch the triangle and move on to another system. They feel like other teams know what they're going to run and where they're going to go on the court, which makes it easier to stop them.

When team president Phil Jackson gave his "state of the team'' address Monday, he said the Knicks players have shown defiance to the changes he and Fisher have made in the name of "changing the culture.''

"There's some resistance to discipline and order and culture change and things like that,'' Jackson said.

The players' dislike for the triangle is a part of that. But there is more.

Last year, under Woodson, the Knicks switched on defense. This year, under Fisher, they don't switch, which has some players grumbling.

Also, the day after losses, Woodson would typically hold voluntarily workouts that were light and non-demanding. Fisher, however, holds full-fledged practices and works the players hard.

"Guys are definitely frustrated,'' one source said. "But some of it's just basketball stuff that the players don't like doing. When somebody's demanding that you make a hard cut, you don't like it because you have to work harder. When someone says it's not okay to throw a bull---- pass, guys don't like it.''

But the players don't feel like Fisher is being too hard on them, sources said. In fact, some feel his sideline demeanor is too stoic and they'd like to see more emotion out of him.

"They almost want to see Fisher get upset during a game,'' one source said. "They want to know that their coach will go to battle with them, that he'll fight for them. They're not seeing any emotion out of him.''

With free agents who signed before Sept. 16 becoming available for trade on Dec. 15, the Knicks could look to make roster changes soon -- with sources saying J.R. Smith is the player they'd most like to trade.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_ ... ources-say

Savor this while is lasts, gents. :chuckle:

Damn it, I was going to post this lol.

But, if the Knicks are looking to trade Hardaway Jr., we will gladly take him....

Also, this Knicks team feels like the Cavs from last year with all the supposedly beef between Kyrie/Dion.

Derek Fisher seems a lot like Byron Scott as a coach...

Derek Fisher seems a lot like Byron Scott as a coach...

It's so hard to gauge him because we have no idea if he's being forced to run the Triangle. Regardless, it's clear that the Triangle is just not a good fit for their personnel.

Yeah the triangle required discipline teamwork and a top 10 player of all time. The knicks have none of that

It's so hard to gauge him because we have no idea if he's being forced to run the Triangle. Regardless, it's clear that the Triangle is just not a good fit for their personnel.
He is most definitely being forced.
Many Knicks insiders believe Phil is controlling a lot of things behind the scenes.

The triangle has only rarely worked at all. Not surprised these dummies can't implement it

This is hilarious. Basically, the message is the Knicks don't like to work hard, they don't listen, and they're quick to quit things.

My favorite part:

Also, the day after losses, Woodson would typically hold voluntarily workouts that were light and non-demanding. Fisher, however, holds full-fledged practices and works the players hard.

:celb (13):

The triangle has only rarely worked at all. Not surprised these dummies can't implement it

And it doesn't stand a chance when executed by a bunch of selfish shot-chuckers.

How do you allow someone to hand the pen to Melo to sign that contract? Melo is easily the most detestable player in the league in a long, long time. I have never enjoyed watching him play and I will never root for any team that he plays for.

It's interesting to me that the only players the Knicks seem to consistently end up with are the players who bring the entire team down. Everybody else is traded. It's unbelievable.

We are damn lucky to have a team full of down to Earth, smart basketball players who all work hard and are easy to cheer for. Couldn't have asked for a more likable group of guys.

How do you allow someone to hand the pen to Melo to sign that contract? Melo is easily the most detestable player in the league in a long, long time. I have never enjoyed watching him play and I will never root for any team that he plays for.

It's interesting to me that the only players the Knicks seem to consistently end up with are the players who bring the entire team down. Everybody else is traded. It's unbelievable.

We are damn lucky to have a team full of down to Earth, smart basketball players who all work hard and are easy to cheer for. Couldn't have asked for a more likable group of guys.
You aren't giving Dwight Howard the credit he deserves.

So...
The Spurs started Joseph, Green, Kyle Anderson, Bonner, and Baynes against the Knicks while resting Parker, Ginobili, Duncan, and Leonard...

And still won by 14.

To be "fair", the Knicks were missing Carmelo, but with all the drama he is bringing, I don't know how much he would have helped.

How did they win 50 games 2 years ago?

Olympic Melo is an incredibly good player. Unfortunately, Olympic Melo has never been terribly interested in playing in the NBA.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."