• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The mystery deal discussed lol (take your wild guesses)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Da_James_Gang

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Quote from W&G:

Originally Posted by Wine and Gold
The one I heard a little about included us getting a swing player and a big ..and you can guess the two playrs we give up, plus our #1. More might be invloled ultimately, if and when it ever materializes more .... but, that's the main components. I go no further.

Once he said that my head started to hurt lol, but i am so curious now. My first guess was AV/Wally/1st for Okafor/GForce. When does Av's trade restriction come off? Because if a deal was discussed involving him and both sides agree then the trigger would probably be pulled after that date. And i know my guess is unlikely but Okafor can be traded as of Dec. 15th i believe.....

Quote from W&G:

Once he said that my head started to hurt lol, but i am so curious now. My first guess was AV/Wally/1st for Okafor/GForce. When does Av's trade restriction come off? Because if a deal was discussed involving him and both sides agree then the trigger would probably be pulled after that date. And i know my guess is unlikely but Okafor can be traded as of Dec. 15th i believe.....

Andy's is the 5th I am almost positive. It's the same day as his Wig night lol.

Okafor Wallace for Andy Szerb and a first works, but I have to question why the Bobcats would do that.

Well W&G said there could be a lot of possibilities later on which is definitely true with our trade assets but i am still curious to what has been discussed already. Its good to see Ferry is already busy looking at possibilities to make us even better. Can't wait to see how everything plays out, if we can i would actually lilke to keep Andy but we also can't let him walk without nothing in return.

Okafor Wallace for Andy Szerb and a first works, but I have to question why the Bobcats would do that.

Yea thats why i said its unlikely, i know they like Andy a lot and Okafor has had his differences with Brown before but i ultimately don't really see that possible. But i was also looking at other teams and could'nt really come up with anything.

Wally and Andy combine for $18.8 million in salaries. So the SG & PF/C combo must be at least in that ballpark (obviously other players could be involved to make salaries work though).

Off the top of my head:

--E. Okafor and G. Wallace (17.8)
--A. Harrington and S. Jackson (16.4)
--M. Camby and C. Mobley (17.1)
--M. Redd and D. Gadzuric (22.0)
--V. Carter and S. Swift (21.4)
--B. Miller and J. Salmons (16.5)
--A. Kirilenko and R. Brewer (16.9)
--V. Carter and E. Najera (18.6)
--E. Curry and J. Crawford (18.3)

Those are some of the possibilities I came up with for Wally + Andy for a PF/C + SG (possibly involving picks and/or small contracts on either side). It's also very possible that there's a 3way rumor, or that nothing too legit is being discussed for Wally + Andy. Andy has been looking great for us.

Wally and Andy combine for $18.8 million in salaries. So the SG & PF/C combo must be at least in that ballpark (obviously other players could be involved to make salaries work though).

Off the top of my head:

Those are some of the possibilities I came up with for Wally + Andy for a PF/C + SG (possibly involving picks and/or small contracts on either side). It's also very possible that there's a 3way rumor, or that nothing too legit is being discussed for Wally + Andy. Andy has been looking great for us.

I was thinking about a three way maybe involving Charlotte and NJN. Like we get VC and Okafor but the salaries don't match. Actually what about if we threw in Sasha i've been looking to get his ass out of here.

Well W&G said they are solid players that can be here long term i believe. So i think a lot of people on that list don't fit the criteria.........

AV is too valuable to move unless we are getting a stud big in return and there simply aren't any of those guys on the market right now.

We are not a good trading partner with the Bobcats because they desperately need bigs with Sean May apparently focusing on competitive eating more than basketball as of late and Nazr simply not being any good.

Sounds like it could be Wince and Boone/Williams.

Off the top of my head:

I would not want a single one of those whatsoever except for the Wallace/Okafor combo. Yughk.

Ok that scenario actually works and would make us much better. VC for Wally and then Okafor for AV and Sasha. I'm finding it really hard to find what Charlotte and NJ would trade. I was thinking maybe Keyon Dooling for the Nets because they are trying to go young, but there is nothing that I can think of for Charlotte.

Our spacing has been vastly improved throughout the early season, and along with that ..the ball movement and penetration we've been seeing from Mo and Delonte have provided more scoring opportunities for AV this season.

As I noted this past offseason, Andy put alot of work in and looked to have impoved his game noticeably. I'm glad to see that, that ...along with good health has traslated onto the court.

As for his longterm furure in Cleveland. It's still up in the air ...we'll have numerous opportunities that have, and will come available to us. One very intiguing one is already out there that would have included him, and brought back two very solid longterm pieces.

So, as I'm writing this, I don't know how it will ultimately work out ... but, if we can't get something done with AV ...someone will, and we'll find ourselves not in that bad a situation if that turns out to be the case.

Danny Ferry has been, and is doing a very good job behind the scenes that keep us moving forward and getting better no matter how the AV situation ultimately plays out.

The one opportunity that is already out there is interesting enough to me in and of itself to think that even if we don't re-up Andy, we will be stronger if we end up taking that deal.

So, time will tell ...more opportunties might continue to present themselves ... but Danny has been doing his job to cover all bases.

Well we know for sure Andy has been discussed, and i guess the thing that i'm not really thinking about is that it could be a 3 way.

I think something with Sacramento, Golden State, or Charlotte would be most likely in this scenario. That or a 3way trade.

I'm finding it hard to think of someone out there that I know that's on the block that I would want.

However, I did just read an article today talking about how quietly, the Wizards are becoming more and more willing to blow their team up. If a deal including Antawn Jamison or Caron Butler in a 3-way was a possibility, I'd listen. It would have to involve a team moving a significant piece to Washington and taking Wally or AV in return though. Maybe AV & Wally to Charlotte, Wallace & Jamison to the Cavs, Okafor and a 1st to Washington? I don't know.

No matter what though, if any of this involves Andy, it can't happen for at least a month because Andy can't be traded until Dec 8 I believe.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."