• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Orange Helmet Podcast

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Going to give this a shameless plug and bump. Thanks for the support to anyone that has listened so far. If you have not, please give the Podcast a try and feel free to give us feedback. The plan is to have a cast up for every reg season game week . Review of the game before and a preview of the upcoming game. I am doing my HW on the Jets as we speak!

First Regular Season Podcast. Please listen and spread the word! We have a positive outlook for week one.

Shameless plug bump before game one

No idea if people are reading RCFSports.com, but even with our cornerstone Cavs writers taking the downtime away from constant writing, the Browns section has been updating consistently. @ajz20 has been enthusiastic and the production quality is professional. Even if you aren't getting a ton of feedback, I thank you for creating this podcast!

@ajz20 Do you guys want an actual logo for the podcast?

If so, I can put something together. Just give me an idea on preferred dimensions.

I would also encourage you guys to put it on iTunes, if you haven't already.

@ajz20 Do you guys want an actual logo for the podcast?

If so, I can put something together. Just give me an idea on preferred dimensions.

I would also encourage you guys to put it on iTunes, if you haven't already.
Yeah a logo would be awesome, thanks so much for the offer. I would love one. Something to do with the helmet would be great with an emphasis on the color Orange . I will also give you credit on the podcast by name. If you want PM me your full name.

I have been meaning to get it up an Itunes and not just Soundcloud. Dumb question, but what is the fastest way for me to set it up on Itunes. PM me that as well if you know. Thanks a million!

Enjoying the podcasts, but I can't help but interject on this.

The McCown hit was completely legal because of McCown's leap.

A quarterback's protection is no longer applicable in certain situations. After an interception, if they leave the pocket to make a tackle, they can get laid out by a block. Defenders in the NFL know when they get to tee off on a quarterback, and they always will. I saw Romo get roughed up after a pickoff because he made an attempt to make a tackle.

McCown's foolish decision to lead with his helmet with a dive for the end zone was the same type of thing. Tacklers have new responsibilities to hit with their "head up," but rushers are also responsibility to keep their "head up" while running the ball. You may recall the rule being called the Trent Richardson rule because of his tendency to use the brow of his helmet to blow a defender backwards. Quarterbacks have times they are extremely protected. Their protection disappears in rushing when they don't slide. The Browns knocked out Jake Locker on a similar run last season, as I recall. The NFL has to let defenders try to stop a runner who leads with his helmet. Just a terrible "old school" move from McCown that Pee Wee coaches tell their players not to do anymore.

Actually, it doesn't matter in what form, leading with your helmet is always illegal.

Initiating contact with the crown of the helmet 12-2-8

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/#rule14

The NFL determined that the defender didn't lead with the helmet, thus no fine/penalty. Also, Josh was leaping towards the end-zone rather than a player, so that isn't illegal either. NFL spokesperson stated that the crown wasn't used..

My co host can get pretty emotional and got a bit carried away with the helmet to helmet hit rage.You should have heard him after the game Sunday. What you heard was actually after he had a chance to cool down.

Also, Josh was leaping towards the end-zone rather than a player, so that isn't illegal either.

Yeah, rushed that paragraph and should have gotten back to it before posting. What I meant to say is that a quarterback diving forward rather than using the protected slide is treated like a diving running back: defenders can jump to meet them in air. We see this all the time near the end zone, but there's a reason I rarely see QBs do it on a sneak since the slide rule came to be.

Week 4 Finally Up Listen and share please!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."