• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Q Arena Renovations (scoreboard, court, ...) and In-Game Experience

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mott the Hoople

NBA Starter
Reaction score
The Gateway Economic Development Corporation approved $23 million in repairs for the Q. That includes a new roof, sound system, and $9.3 million for a new scoreboard. They're trying to get this fast tracked so it's ready for the season.
First, I'm so glad their getting a new sound system. Could barely hear any music. :rolleyes:

But what about this new scoreboard. What would you like, (besides the diff).
What NBA arenas have something state of the art?

Thrilled. That thing they've got is pretty outdated.

1. More flamethrowers- the current one is woefully short on these.

2. Projects holograms- specifically one of Zydrunas Ilgauskas that can used as the Cavs' version of Obi Wan Kenobi.

3. built-in tshirt cannons that fire randomly- nothing more enjoyable than flinging projectiles into a sports crowd, especially when they have no idea it is coming.

4. Tesla coils- Might be the one thing that could top the flame throwers. Imagine 4 coils popping out and throwing around huge lightning arcs during the intros, with the lights flickering.

If anyone else can think of something gratuitous please add it to the list. No price is too steep for our county. Powder cannons, bubble generators, or confetti cannons may be too messy but prove me wrong.

Larger and high definition. What else is there?

I'd assume Gilbert wants it to be like what the Pacers have, maybe bigger?

Fieldhouse_Scoreboard_2col.jpg

I wonder how Dolan and company reacted to this, seeing as they got their own financing to do their stadium renovations, not from Gateway. Though obviously Gateway knows Gilbert will break the bank to bring Cleveland a championship, unlike Dolan.

How do you know that?

Because Dan was at the Toyota Center for the All Star Game two years ago, which set this entire upgrade in motion. The Toyota Center has the largest indoor HD viewing screen in North America.... Dan's doing this to upgrade the building to go with the team and to bid on the All Star Game sometime down the line.

We're going to be on national TV a lot this year. I hope they really go over the top with it.

God I missed this site. Updates look great Ben, thanks for the hard work.

Not a big fan of these monstrous scoreboards but if we're going to get one, the Pacers one looks pretty good.

I'd love to see some sort of suspended cat walk seating though I imagine for more than a million legal reasons that won't happen. Plus the current pyro would melt your face if you were siting up there.

Yeah, the Toyota Center is serious business - All of the Sports Venues here are actually.

TDECU Stadium is a key example, Largest collegiate stadium - Fit for Pro ball.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."