• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Steam Summer Sale Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pyro

Go Cleveland!
Reaction score
GO FORTH
BUY GAMES
JUNE 30TH IS THE END

Ah, the best time of the year, where I drop $20 on a game I will play once and only once.

I start my internship at the end of the month too, damn. Some really good games are on sale today, though. I recommend Counter Strike to anyone that doesn't have it yet

Picked up Baldur's Gate 2, and I was hoping South Park would go on sale for more than $40. Going to wait for it to be $20-25.

Girlfriend was excited for her first Steam sale. I was pretty proud. She's already picked up Gone Home and Don't Starve. Letting her have at the rest of my Steam library whenever she gets a taste. Granted, she'll soon learn that there's no end to the amount of games and will feel that same sense of equal ecstasy and dread every time she opens it up.

The Ship only $5? Yeah, gotta buy that.

Actually, just found it for $1 elsewhere, plus it comes with 2 copies to giveaway.

138559261999.png

Walking Dead S2 on sale 50% off today. Pick that shit up if you haven't already. Game Developer Tycoon is equally awesome if you want a game that will be addictive as hell for about four or five days. Really fun, although not a lot of reason to go back to it once you get bored. Still, for four bucks that's not really a problem.

Games have been very "meh" so far imo. Nothing really catches my eye.

Girlfriend was excited for her first Steam sale. I was pretty proud. She's already picked up Gone Home and Don't Starve. Letting her have at the rest of my Steam library whenever she gets a taste. Granted, she'll soon learn that there's no end to the amount of games and will feel that same sense of equal ecstasy and dread every time she opens it up.

Don't Starve is a great choice.

Pissed I missed the Half Life flash sale :(

nvm, found my answer

Last edited:
The Wolf among us is fantastic.

Analysis of yesterday and today's best deals...

The Wolf Among Us - Must buy, especially for under ten bucks. It plays like The Walking Dead, but it's a noir murder mystery.

Borderlands 2 - Everyone probably already owns this, but if not, it's five bucks and has dozens of hours of content.

Battleblock Theater - Haven't played this yet, but it got great reviews on the 360 and is 2.50.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - I bought it for sixty bucks and thought it was worth it. It's a bit high for a Steam sale game I guess, but whatever.

Kingdoms of Amalur - Enjoyed this game on the 360. Definitely worth five bucks.

Tomb Raider - A steam for five bucks. Great game.

Saints Row IV - One of the most fun games I've ever played. Buy the fuck out of it!

FTL - If you like punishingly difficult rogue-likes, this one's for you. I like this game, but it will have you yelling in rage at times. It's a lot of luck of the draw. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you get fucked.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."