• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The SUPER Early Conference Projections Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Binkster

A Five Star Man
Reaction score
I've been literally pissing away my day at work today keeping myself busy studying some of the current rosters and projected depth charts (specifically in the East).

So I ask, how do you see the East (and if you feel like it, the West) shaking out in 2015-16?

My East projection:
1. CLE
2. CHI
3. MIL
4. MIA
5. WSH
6. TOR
7. ATL
8. DET

And yes, these picks do come accompanied by a pair of brass balls.

I think Indiana makes it in over Detroit, and I don't think Atlanta is going to fall quite that far in the standings, even with the losses of Antic and Carroll.

I do agree with you in the sense that Milwaukee is about to make a leap. Really like what they're doing up there and I wouldn't even be totally shocked if they finished ahead of Chicago in the standings.

1. Cleveland
2. Chicago
3. Toronto
4. Washington
5. Miami
6. Atlanta
7. Milwaukee
8. Detroit

1. CLE
2. CHI
3. MIA
4. WSH
5. ATL
6. MIL
7. NYK
8. TOR/IND

Last edited:
I legitimately think the East is going to be even worse than last season. A healthy Cavaliers team definitely can sweep their way to the finals.

I really don't think the loss of Carroll drops the Hawks down that far in all these lists. I mean, they're not gonna win 60+ games again, but they'll still be a solid team. A lot of continuity there, and Splitter was a solid pickup.

Don't have a lot of faith in Chicago. They were a broken team after these playoffs, didn't get a lot better in the offseason, and have a new coach and new system. If anyone is a candidate to drop down in my book, it's them.

I also think no matter who 2-8 are, the Cavs beat them out by at least 7-9 games. I think the Cavs knock on the door of the upper 60's this year. Might even have a chance to surpass that 66 win team from Bron's last go 'round.

1. CLE
2. ATL
3. WAS
4. MIA
5. CHI
6. MIL
7. TOR
8. BOS

That 4-7 feels like it's gonna be really bunched up to me. I could put that in any order and feel fairly confident. They probably all end within a game or so of each other.

Maybe Detroit can supplant Boston if they regress, or Toronto if they just faceplant. But I think Detroit's got another year before they have a shot.

Cavs
Heat
Bulls
Hawks
Raptors
Wizards
Bucks
Pistons ( Do we really have to beat Detroit again?)

I'm trying not sleep on Indy with the return of PG, adding Monta, but they have no good bigs.

I really like what Toronto did over Washington in the offseason. They get the nod above. Chicago will most likely want to avoid us in the 2nd round, they'll play good season ball.

West is much more fun to predict.

Warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Rockets

Grizzlies
Suns
Mavs

Memphis is there by respect. I like this Suns team to win some games, and it was either Mavs or Pelicans, I'll go with Cuban. I'd have to see it to believe it concerning Dallas and Dirk, Parsons, Wesley, and Deron missing the playoffs.

Kings is also another team that will compete, were going to get some even better late night games.

Last edited:
1. CLE - should take major injuries to prevent a #1 seed and 60+ wins

2. CHI - enough talent to compete with anyone if healthy, big IF with Rose/Noah/Gasol though. Hoiberg is a bit of a question mark, but I think he'll do well

3. MIA - stacked with good starters, just too many unreliable players. In the highly unlikely scenario that their season plays out perfectly, they could compete with the Cavs

4. ATL - they're going to miss Carroll but still be really good

5. WAS - as constructed this team's ceiling feels like a 3 seed, just not enough talent

6. TOR - similar to WAS, good but lacking elite talent

7. MIL - too young to be a really good team yet, poised to make a leap in the next few years with proper development

8. BOS - blegh

I really don't think the loss of Carroll drops the Hawks down that far in all these lists. I mean, they're not gonna win 60+ games again, but they'll still be a solid team. A lot of continuity there, and Splitter was a solid pickup.

Don't have a lot of faith in Chicago. They were a broken team after these playoffs, didn't get a lot better in the offseason, and have a new coach and new system. If anyone is a candidate to drop down in my book, it's them.

I also think no matter who 2-8 are, the Cavs beat them out by at least 7-9 games. I think the Cavs knock on the door of the upper 60's this year. Might even have a chance to surpass that 66 win team from Bron's last go 'round.

1. CLE
2. ATL
3. WAS
4. MIA
5. CHI
6. MIL
7. TOR
8. BOS

That 4-7 feels like it's gonna be really bunched up to me. I could put that in any order and feel fairly confident. They probably all end within a game or so of each other.

Maybe Detroit can supplant Boston if they regress, or Toronto if they just faceplant. But I think Detroit's got another year before they have a shot.

Agreed, Good points all around.
but disagree with WAS>MIA

I mean just look at the rosters (+WAS lost Paul Pierce)

Goran Dragic / Mario Chalmers
Dwyane Wade / Gerald Green
Luol Deng / Justise Winslow
Chris Bosh / Amar'e Stoudemire
Hassan Whiteside / Chris Andersen

John Wall / Ramon Sessions
Bradley Beal / Jared Dudley
Otto Porter Jr. / Rasual Butler
Nene Hilario / Kris Humphries
Marcin Gortat / Kevin Seraphin

Again, I agree.

Outside of the Cavs, can't see any team being substantially better than the Heat going into next season. I think CHI, MIA, and ATL all will have a shot at #2.

1.) Cavs - Duh

2.) Heat - Given they need to stay healthy, so not the most confident with this pick. But if they are, I like them better than anyone else.

3.) Washington - I really liked that they got rid of Pierce, personally, I think they will take the next step next year.

4.) Bulls - Not as high on them, because they got a lot of questionable parts. How much does Gasol have left? Will Rose ever be healthy? Still a talented team

5.) Atlanta - I thought they were a one hit wonder. Still talented enough to be a playoff team.

6.) Orlando - I have them as my surprise/sleeper team next year. They got a lot of talent on that team.

7.) Indiana - I think they bounce back. I like what they did, in a sense, they're going to be quicker, more explosive offensively, but I think they took a step back defensively. I see them as a playoff team, but nothing special.

8.) Bucks - They are going to hopefully get a healthy Parker back. I think they squeak in.

1.) Cavs - Duh

2.) Heat - Given they need to stay healthy, so not the most confident with this pick. But if they are, I like them better than anyone else.

3.) Washington - I really liked that they got rid of Pierce, personally, I think they will take the next step next year.

4.) Bulls - Not as high on them, because they got a lot of questionable parts. How much does Gasol have left? Will Rose ever be healthy? Still a talented team

5.) Atlanta - I thought they were a one hit wonder. Still talented enough to be a playoff team.

6.) Orlando - I have them as my surprise/sleeper team next year. They got a lot of talent on that team.

7.) Indiana - I think they bounce back. I like what they did, in a sense, they're going to be quicker, more explosive offensively, but I think they took a step back defensively. I see them as a playoff team, but nothing special.

8.) Bucks - They are going to hopefully get a healthy Parker back. I think they squeak in.

Nobody from the Atlantic Division? Did the NBA finally decide that they were all terrible enough to warrant shrinking the Eastern Conference? :chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."