• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Trade Veto: Why it's complete and utter bullsh*t

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Triplethreat

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So, as I posted in another thread, I recently made a deal to acquire DeMarco Murray in my money league. Well. Now it looks as if that deal will never make it through. You see, after the three team trade went down (outlined below) and was agreed upon and sent for review, one of the owners (my commissioner) had second thoughts. Here is the details of the trade:

Me (In): DeMarco Murray
Me (out): Frank Gore, Trent Richardson, Mike Evans

Friend 1 (Commissioner) (in): Frank Gore, Jordan Cameron
Friend 1 (out): Gronk, Knowshon Moreno

Friend 2 (in): Gronk, Richardson, Evans
Friend 2 (out): Murray, Cameron

Now, in no possible way was this deal collusion, and all teams agreed upon the trade. The next day, Friend 1 decides he's getting the raw end of the deal. IMO, he's getting better because he get's to get shitty ass Kelvin Benjamin out of his Flex and get's Gore and a top 5 TE in return for Gronk. Now, friend 1 gets everyone to veto the trade because he now all of a sudden doesn't like it AFTER it was agreed upon the day before and everyone was completely fine with it. This owner is known for fleecing other players in deals and has won the league the last 2 years we played. I'm fed up with this bullshit because once a trade is agreed upon there should be no way you can just "go back" and cancel it. The only reason I see the veto being a viable option is if there is specific evidence of 2 players cheating (collusion).

In no way is this a completely and utterly lopsided trade that should be voted down by peers. Anyone want to throw any thoughts on the topic? My god do I hate the veto option now.

It's a fair trade. "Friend One" got buyers remorse since Gronk is cleared to play it sounds like.

I think you should be upset with the other members of the league for voting against a fair deal. Just because he asked them to doesn't mean they had to do it.

Yeah that looked fair to me. Basically:

Demarco=Gore+Cameron= Gronk+ parts

That's a dumb one to veto and I agree the Gronk news probably played a part in it. I'd be pissed at the rest of the league moreso than the guy who bailed. But he's also a cuntball.

The obvious solution to this is to get everyone to veto your friend the next time he fleeces someone in a trade.

Or leave the league and join another money league. That's bullshit...I'd be mad as fuck too.

Or leave the league and join another money league. That's bullshit...I'd be mad as fuck too.
You have no idea. It's shit like this that makes me hate playing with my friends.

Once you agree to a fucking trade there's no "outs" you agreed to the shit.

Maybe it was for "basketball reasons"

I am friend 1. The trade was put into place well after Gronk was cleared to play. I was in talks with the other part of the trade to acquire Demarco straight up. TripleThreat then went to the other owner and tried to make it a 3 team deal. The thought of a 3 team deal got the 12 person league rock hard boners because it had never happened in our league before. We then went into our night class with trade talks still going on. In the middle of the class the trade got agreed upon after a long day on campus of 11am-9pm. Once I got back to my place I looked more into the deal and another owner texted me about how it doesn't make sense for me to end up with the worse runningback in the deal when I'm giving up the best player. Keep in mind I was already offered to get DeMarco straight up during this trade but TripleThreat made it a 3 team. So I texted the other league owners all the same text explaining to them why I was using my veto and they can use theirs if they want. Most of the owners seemed to agree with me including the 3rd owner in the trade. Now TripleThreat believes the entire league is against him and the owners are using their veto just because it's him. Both me and the other owner in the deal have said we are willing to renegotiate the deal also.

BTW, I'm not known to fleece people at all. TripleThreat is butt hurt because he traded me Forte for TRich at the beginning of last season and everyone knows how that worked out. Also I traded Percy Harvin and SJax for DeSean Jackson this season to an owner and he thinks I fleeced him? Basically this is a rant by TripleThreat because his trade to have 3 first round runningbacks on his team without giving up any starters got spoiled. TripleThreat is the Dallas Cowboys drama storyline of our league.

Last edited:
So, as I posted in another thread, I recently made a deal to acquire DeMarco Murray in my money league. Well. Now it looks as if that deal will never make it through. You see, after the three team trade went down (outlined below) and was agreed upon and sent for review, one of the owners (my commissioner) had second thoughts. Here is the details of the trade:

Me (In): DeMarco Murray
Me (out): Frank Gore, Trent Richardson, Mike Evans

Friend 1 (Commissioner) (in): Frank Gore, Jordan Cameron
Friend 1 (out): Gronk, Knowshon Moreno

Friend 2 (in): Gronk, Richardson, Evans
Friend 2 (out): Murray, Cameron

Now, in no possible way was this deal collusion, and all teams agreed upon the trade. The next day, Friend 1 decides he's getting the raw end of the deal. IMO, he's getting better because he get's to get shitty ass Kelvin Benjamin out of his Flex and get's Gore and a top 5 TE in return for Gronk. Now, friend 1 gets everyone to veto the trade because he now all of a sudden doesn't like it AFTER it was agreed upon the day before and everyone was completely fine with it. This owner is known for fleecing other players in deals and has won the league the last 2 years we played. I'm fed up with this bullshit because once a trade is agreed upon there should be no way you can just "go back" and cancel it. The only reason I see the veto being a viable option is if there is specific evidence of 2 players cheating (collusion).

In no way is this a completely and utterly lopsided trade that should be voted down by peers. Anyone want to throw any thoughts on the topic? My god do I hate the veto option now.

For one thing..you are getting only Murray and giving up the most. Commissioner is getting a raw deal? If that's the case..go pick up Carlos Hyde, that way he can get the full points for the 49ers running back points. Cameron is an up and coming tight end (within the top 5)...so how is he getting the raw deal?

Friend 2 is getting Gronk AND Evans...enough said. What I don't get is...you guys discussed it, knew who was going to be in this trade...why did the Commissioner agree to it then? Dumb.

I think beefstew deserves the ban hammer for this travesty.

For one thing..you are getting only Murray and giving up the most. Commissioner is getting a raw deal? If that's the case..go pick up Carlos Hyde, that way he can get the full points for the 49ers running back points. Cameron is an up and coming tight end (within the top 5)...so how is he getting the raw deal?

Friend 2 is getting Gronk AND Evans...enough said. What I don't get is...you guys discussed it, knew who was going to be in this trade...why did the Commissioner agree to it then? Dumb.

Hyde is on a team in our league. You would have to see our rosters and how our league shapes up in order to understand it. Also, we are a PPR league so DeMarco is a lot better than Gore. Regardless I got cold feet and used my veto, if the league agrees the league agrees. Welcome to fantasy football.

I am friend 1. The trade was put into place well after Gronk was cleared to play. I was in talks with the other part of the trade to acquire Demarco straight up. TripleThreat then went to the other owner and tried to make it a 3 team deal. The thought of a 3 team deal got the 12 person league rock hard boners because it had never happened in our league before. We then went into our night class with trade talks still going on. In the middle of the class the trade got agreed upon after a long day on campus of 11am-9pm. Once I got back to my place I looked more into the deal and another owner texted me about how it doesn't make sense for me to end up with the worse runningback in the deal when I'm giving up the best player. Keep in mind I was already offered to get DeMarco straight up during this trade but TripleThreat made it a 3 team. So I texted the other league owners all the same text explaining to them why I was using my veto and they can use theirs if they want. Most of the owners seemed to agree with me including the 3rd owner in the trade. Now TripleThreat believes the entire league is against him and the owners are using their veto just because it's him. Both me and the other owner in the deal have said we are willing to renegotiate the deal also.

BTW, I'm not known to fleece people at all. TripleThreat is butt hurt because he traded me Forte for TRich at the beginning of last season and everyone knows how that worked out. Also I traded Percy Harvin and SJax for DeSean Jackson this season to an owner and he thinks I fleeced him? Basically this is a rant by TripleThreat because his trade to have 3 first round runningbacks on his team without giving up any starters got spoiled. TripleThreat is the Dallas Cowboys drama storyline of our league.

Sounds like you almost got David Griffin'ed then.

Hyde is on a team in our league. You would have to see our rosters and how our league shapes up in order to understand it. Also, we are a PPR league so DeMarco is a lot better than Gore. Regardless I got cold feet and used my veto, if the league agrees the league agrees. Welcome to fantasy football.
You should have thought about it longer before you accepted, welcome to fantasy football.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."